PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva targets fight with Roy Jones Jr. before returning to the UFC

Pahlavan
23-01-2014, 10:25
Anderson Silva is not considering a return to the UFC as soon as he recovers from the gruesome injury he suffered during his title fight with Chris Weidman at UFC 168.

The former middleweight champion, who had a chat with fans on his official Facebook page on Wednesday, revealed he intends to compete again in a boxing match with former champion Roy Jones Jr.

"When I get better, that’s my biggest goal, especially because I won’t be able to fight MMA too soon," Silva said when asked if he still wants to fight Jones. "Fighting in boxing is in my plans, yes, as soon as I’m able to fight again. And Roy is a big idol."

Silva’s family would prefer to see him quit fighting after the pair of losses to Weidman inside the Octagon, but that’s not an option for the Brazilian.

"I respect and understand their concern, but that’s something that has to come from my heart," he said. "That’s not in my plans. I’m focused in my recovery, but I want to get back as soon as possible. That’s who I am, it’s part of my history.

"I’m 100 percent positive that I will be back, but it’s not only up to me. They are helping my recovery and it is super positive thus far. But I need their feedback to be back at 100 percent. I don’t see myself doing other thing, at least for now. It’s not just fighting, it’s also training."

"The Spider" says he’s "not worried about" a rematch with Weidman right now, and his plans for the future include becoming a Hollywood actor.

"I want to be good again to get back to my normal activities, my personal projects," he said. "One of (my projects) is to become an actor, and other news that are coming in the future. It’s in my plans (to work in Hollywood). I’m working for that."

In fact, Hollywood movies are helping Silva in his recovery. Forced out of the gym for a while and working on his rehab, the UFC star has been watching a lot of movies lately, and one of them is keeping him motivated to overcome the hard times.

"I’ve seen a lot of movies recently," he said. "One of the most inspiring right now is ‘Men of Honor’, with Robert De Niro and Cuba Gooding, Jr. I watch it almost every day."

Leventdepevent
23-01-2014, 13:55
ik hoop dat ie er weer helemaal bovenop komt. Ik zie in hem niet echt een hollywood ster maar goed. en smaak van goeie films heeft ie iig niet....men of honor, elke dag kijken? ik vond 1x kijken al een verschrikking. ;)

RayOmac
23-01-2014, 22:27
Die hyped nog 1 wedstrijd en stopt

Minotauro
24-01-2014, 01:08
Wel stoer, RJJ uitdagen terwijl die al jaren op retour is. Hopelijk slaat RJJ hem ook nog een keer KO. Gelul elke keer van al die Brazilianen. Willem033 had gelijk