PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FOX 10: Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
26-01-2014, 09:21
Benson Henderson def. Josh Thomson via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 49-46)
Stipe Miocic def. Gabriel Gonzaga via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Donald Cerrone def. Adriano Martins via knockout (head kick) – Round 1, 4:40
Jeremy Stephens def. Darren Elkins via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Alex Caceres def. Sergio Pettis via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:39
Eddie Wineland def. Yves Jabouin via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:16
Chico Camus def. Yaotzin Meza via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Hugo Viana def. Ramiro Hernandez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Daron Cruickshank def. Mike Rio via TKO (kick, punches) – Round 2, 4:56
George Sullivan def. Mike Rhodes via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Nikita Krylov def. Walt Harris via TKO (head kick, punches) – Round 1, 0:25

Kemal
26-01-2014, 09:22
http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/ufc-on-fox-10-main-event-scorecard.jpg?w=640&h=461

Kemal
26-01-2014, 09:23
UFC on FOX 10 bonuses: Caceres earns $100K, Cerrone and Pettis each pocket $50K

Donald Cerrone and Sergio Pettis each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 10 event, while Alex Caceres doubled up and scored $100,000 for his efforts.

Cerrone earned the “Knockout of the Night,” Caceres won “Submission of the Night” and Caceres and Pettis each picked up “Fight of the Night” honors.

UFC officials announced the winners at the night’s post-event news conference, which MMAjunkie attended.

UFC on FOX 10 took place at United Center in Chicago. The main card aired on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Cerrone, no stranger to performance bonuses, picked up a “Knockout of the Night” bonus with a crushing high-kick knockout of Adriano Martins. On the first UFC card ever to feature three knockouts stemming from high kicks, UFC officials had plenty of options from which to choose, but the devastating, one-strike nature of Cerrone’s blow left him as the logical choice.

Caceres cashed in on his pair of bonuses with a thrilling back-and-forth victory over a previously undefeated Pettis. It was Pettis who looked dangerous early, but the wily Caceres refused to go away and pushed his opponent to the limit. With time winding down, it appeared Pettis’ non-stop aggression was likely to earn him a nod on the judges’ cards, but Caceres worked through a heel hook and scrambled to his opponent’s back, cinching up a rear-naked choke for the upset win.

For his efforts, Caceres picked up the “Submission of the Night” bonus, as well as a “Fight of the Night” check. Meanwhile, Pettis’ undefeated record os no more, but he did bring home extra money for his efforts in the card’s “Fight of the Night.”

Kemal
26-01-2014, 09:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2XBoo7onDSw

Kemal
26-01-2014, 11:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uKEyWF7ZEyo

mario the count
26-01-2014, 12:16
Die highkick van Cerrone was bruut! De naam Ernesto Hoost werd gelijk genoemd.

Pride_187
26-01-2014, 15:33
Bendo - Edgar 2: Robbery
Bendo - Melendez: Robbery
Bendo - Thompson: Robbery

Ik word zo schijt en schijtziek van die vent he... Loopt met de ene na de andere onterechte split decision weg

mario the count
26-01-2014, 15:56

Ik word zo schijt en schijtziek van die vent he... Loopt met de ene na de andere onterechte split decision weg

Gewoon terecht gewonnen nu toch. De wedstrijd had waarschijnlijk wel anders gelopen als Thompson zijn hand niet gebroken had.

my2cents
26-01-2014, 16:01

Zeker, zat er prachtig op!

Pahlavan
26-01-2014, 18:16

Ik vond het dit keer geen robbery hoor. Al denk ik wel dat het gevecht anders was verlopen als Thompson zijn hand niet had gebroken maarja. Het was idd wel een close fight maar om van een robbery te spreken vind ik te ver gaan.

Voor de ufc is dit wel kut, die geven Benson nu geen rematch met pettis terwijl als Thompson had gewonnen dan zou hij de volgende title shot krijgen.

jantje11
26-01-2014, 18:41
Thomson had zowiezo een Titleshot gekregen maar Pettis raakte geblesseerd en Thomson wou niet wachten en kon daarom nu een partij vechten tegen Henderson.

Pahlavan
26-01-2014, 18:58

Was idd een mooie. Ook slim gedaan, telkens lowkicks en dan opeens een highkick. Je zag die tegenstander ook anticipereren op een lowkick.

Minotauro
26-01-2014, 20:55
Heb de partijen nog niet gezien, maar verbaast me niets dat Henderson er met SD vandoor gaat. Tegen Melendez was wel een keiharde robbery, dat sowieso

Willem033
26-01-2014, 21:29
Dit was geen robbery, maar imo een draw.
Je kan m aan beide geven.

mario the count
26-01-2014, 21:32
Was idd een mooie. Ook slim gedaan, telkens lowkicks en dan opeens een highkick. Je zag die tegenstander ook anticipereren op een lowkick.

Idd

Minotauro
26-01-2014, 22:03
Zeg ik ook niet, maar de beslissingen in de UFC verrassen me niet meer!

Willem033
26-01-2014, 23:15
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=719006754798345&id=318663551499336&set=a.336388496393508.84417.318663551499336&source=48&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5973315048178759615%3Amf_story_key.-8806204165837534963

Naj85
27-01-2014, 03:52
nou ik vond het wel weer een robbery. niet dat het niet voorspelbaar was, want henderson wint altijd bij de judges

HOW FIGHTERS SAW IT

Derek Brunson @DerekBrunsonMMA
Dont leave it in the hands of the judges , they will make you cry every time - Burt Watson . This 1 to the judges
TJ Grant @TJ_Grant
Could this be a draw? I gave 1 to Thompson. 2 literally either way. 3 hendo 4 Thompson and 5 neither guy took it
Kelvin Gastelum @KelvinGastelum
Draw?
Brian Stann @BrianStann
Tough fight to score, could see a lot of people arguing after this one
FOR THOMSON
Anthony Pettis @Showtimepettis
I am not impressed....#GSPvoice
AL IAQUINTA @ALIAQUINTA
Bullahit
Cesar Gracie @CesarGracieBJJ
@ufc judges must hate former @Strikeforce champs.
Dan Henderson @danhendo
I gave rounds 1,2 and 4 to Josh.
The judge who had it 4-1 for Bendo needs to be fired.
Felice Herrig @feliceherrig
That decision was bullshit @UFC Thompson won that fight !!!
Ian McCall @Unclecreepymma
Bullshit ... @THEREALPUNK won that fight
Ivan Menjivar ufc @Ivanmenjivar
i say Thomson by unanimous decision
Jamie Varner @jamievarner
I'm just gonna assume if I don't finish my fights from now on, I'm gonna lose. Great fight tonight @BensonHenderson @THEREALPUNK
jimi manuwa @POSTERBOYJM
Whattttt!!!!
khabib nurmagomedov @TeamKhabib
48-47 Josh
Patrick Healy @BamBamHealy
Judges can be a real bummer. @THEREALPUNK was robbed. Still deserves a title shot.
'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings @RowdyBec
BULLSHIIIIIIIT!!!
Roy Nelson @roynelsonmma
Congrats to Josh he won but Henderson won the judges
Tim Kennedy @TimKennedyMMA
MMA judges SUCK BALLS!!!!!!
FOR HENDERSON
Sarah Kaufman @mmasarah
I have Henderson taking rd 5 by a small margin and taking the fight 49-46. There were some close rds though so I could be of
Tim Welch @TimwelchMT
Punk won most of the positions but did zero damage , Benson was damaging him the whole time , good decision
And the last word here goes to Benson Henderson, who got the win.
Benson Henderson @BensonHenderson
•Hats off to @TheRealPunk, WE who lay it on the line know the ups n downs that come w/the job, you're a stud, mad respect...
•I love you @ufc fans, you make this tough job worth it, a lot of other things I could do to pay my bills but wouldn't be as fun!!!
V. HOW JOSH THOMSON SAW IT
Thomson was so dissapointed, he is considering retirement.
“This might be it, man,” said Thomson at the post-fight press conference, as transcribed by MMAWeekly. “You train this hard for this long. I just see my title shots [expletive] disappearing.”
“I've had this all in my head. A 15-, 16-week camp will do that to you. I'm no spring chicken, so you start thinking about it. Two practices a day for six days a week, 16 weeks; that's an NFL season. I get hit more than guys in the NFL and they get paid way more.
“Everybody needs to know [when] their time has come. Maybe it's not mine right now, but I also don't want to be that person that fights not knowing when it's time to quit.”
“I beat the former UFC champion. The guy was here for two years, and I beat him with one hand. That's what I can't stomach. I'm a better fighter. That's what pisses me off.”
“Realistically, I'm just going to go home, have a talk with my family and talk with my coaches, and I'm probably going to sit down with Dana and see which direction we want to go. That's really what it comes down to is just getting the whole team together, seeing what the plans are for me.”

jantje11
27-01-2014, 04:24
Ik sta er ook iedere keer versteld van hoe dit kan gebeuren keer op keer bij de grootste MMA organisatie van de wereld.

Melendez had Henderson al verslagen en Thomson nu ook.
Zelfde geval als laatst met GSP vs Hendricks zoiets moet toch niet kunnen op dit niveau.

mario the count
27-01-2014, 08:29
Ik denk dat ik de partij nog een keer terug moet kijken en dan echt puur naar punten moet gaan kijken. Ik zag niet echt iets controversieels, misschien als ik het nog een keer kijk.

Pride_187
27-01-2014, 10:10
Ik had ronde 1, 2 en 4 voor thompson, puur om het feit dat hij vaak de scrambles won, 'taking the back' en op zoek was naar submission om het gevecht te beeindigen. No way, echt no way, dat je 1 van deze rondes aan bendo kan geven.

5 had ik ook voor thompson, maar kan begrijpen dat die beide kanten op had kunnen gaan. Ik zie echt niet hoe en waar bendo dit gevecht had gewonnen.

Die blije bakkus ook van 'm op de persco: "just getting the w, man, any way i can. just happy to win, doesnt matter how.."

Leuk man zulke vechters.

Naj85
27-01-2014, 12:14
Ik had ronde 1, 2 en 4 voor thompson, puur om het feit dat hij vaak de scrambles won, 'taking the back' en op zoek was naar submission om het gevecht te beeindigen. No way, echt no way, dat je 1 van deze rondes aan bendo kan geven.

5 had ik ook voor thompson, maar kan begrijpen dat die beide kanten op had kunnen gaan. Ik zie echt niet hoe en waar bendo dit gevecht had gewonnen.

Die blije bakkus ook van 'm op de persco: "just getting the w, man, any way i can. just happy to win, doesnt matter how.."

Leuk man zulke vechters.
X2

ronde 1,2 en 4 waren cker voor josh imo. Helaas lijken dit soort dingen steeds vaker te voorkomen als je het overlaat aan de judges. Sal damato zuigt sws

Lionheart
28-01-2014, 00:58
Daarom moet je al je fights finishen met een sub of KO , iets wat weinigen lukt tegen Bendo (alleen Pettis nog maar gelukt).

Djani
28-01-2014, 02:27
Bendo heeft nu een aantal keren controversieel gewonnen, maar dat ligt niet aan hem zelf vind ik. Hij gaat er wel altijd voor.

Pride_187
29-01-2014, 10:18
O ja vandaar al die split decisions, omdat ie er zo voor gaat