PDA

View Full Version : Adrien Broner Talks Maidana Loss, Rematch: 'I'm The Closest Thing To Mayweather'

Pahlavan
28-01-2014, 00:13
Adrien Broner’s recent loss to Marcos Maidana doesn’t appear to have affected his confidence level.

During Showtime’s live broadcast of the Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean fight card on Saturday, Broner spoke to host Brian Kenny about the circumstances behind his December loss to Maidana, the first of his career. The 24-year-old welterweight declined to get into specifics, attributing the loss to “God’s plan.”

“I know what went wrong for me. God had that plan already. It don’t matter if I had Jesus in my corner. God had that plan. We can’t stop his plan,” Broner told Kenny.

Kenny pressed Broner on the issue, asking the fighter if he believed that Maidana had exploited a flaw in his technique.

“What I need to tell everybody that isn’t inside that squared circle… You know, sometimes when you get hit with good shots, there’s some shots that you just don’t see, and you’re gonna get hit with big shots,” Broner said. “But at the end of the day, we’re ready to go back to camp. We’re ready for the rematch. If we could’ve fought [Maidana] on Sunday, we would have fought him on Sunday, but he was the better man that night.”

Next, Kenny asked Broner if it was wise to seek a rematch against Maidana so quickly after a decisive loss. For Broner, the decision was automatic.

“Of course. I’m a fighter. If I go on, I know I can beat anybody. If I go on, then what they say? ‘Oh, at least Maidana beat him.’ I’m the closest thing to Floyd Mayweather, so since I took my loss, everybody feel like Floyd Mayweather took a loss, 'cause I’m the closest thing to him. And still, to this day, I’m the closest thing to him. But we gonna be okay. My next fight, I hope I fight Maidana. But if I don’t, it’s okay.”

Broner's loss to Maidana came during his first defense of the WBA welterweight title. In the second round, Maidana knocked Broner to the mat for the first time in his boxing career. Maidana repeated that feat in the eighth round, ultimately winning the match by unanimous decision. Still, the decisive manner of the victory and a video that appeared to show Maidana ingesting some sort of pill during the match led some to accuse him of cheating against Broner.

Due to his brash, cocky demeanor and use of the “shoulder roll” defensive technique, Broner has indeed drawn comparisons to Mayweather. However, at 36 years of age, Mayweather has yet to lose a single match, dispatching several of the sport’s best fighers en route to a 45-0 career record.

Pahlavan
28-01-2014, 00:18
Toch wel merkwaardig dat dit soort types god erbij betrekken wanneer het ze goed uitkomt. Als die geld door een wc spoelt of oude dames van hun tasjes beroofd dan kijkt god zeker de andere kant op ofzo?! Idioot.

Ik mag voor hem hopen dat hij de rematch wint want anders is alle Broner hype definitief voorbij (als dat nu al niet is).
En the closest thing to Mayweather? Je bedoelt op die zeer discutabale decision tegen ponce de leon, een discutabele decision tegen malignaggi en een loss tegen Maidana na?! Yeah right. En dan heeft hij op Maidana na nog niet eens tegen echte top vechters gevochten.

Minotauro
28-01-2014, 07:45
Fuck Mayweather en broner. Slap gelul elke keer van beide. Snap niet wat er mis is met zulke mensen. Hoe ze voor de camera doen, met geld omgaan en de grootste onzin uitkramen, terwijl er in Amerika genoeg fans lopen die maanden, zo dan niet jaren, sparen om een wedstrijd bij te wonen in bijv Mgm van een van hun helden.

Desalniettemin mag Broner niet eens in Mayweathers schaduw staan. De arrogantie ligt nog hoger, het iq en zijn skills vele malen lager. Maidana zou Broner gewoon weer slopen en zo zijn er meer in dezelfde gewichtsklasse en daarom heen