PDA

View Full Version : Belfort out. Machida in for UFC 173 main event.

stiffler
28-02-2014, 08:52
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/28/5455870/vitor-belfort-out-of-ufc-173-main-event-lyoto-machida-faces-chris

Belfort out. Machida in for UFC 173 main event.
February 27, 2014 shall go down as one of the most important dates in mixed martial arts (MMA) history.
With the Nevada State Athletic Commission's (NSAC) unanimous vote to ban Testosterone Replacement Therapy (http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/27/5454274/breaking-nsac-bans-trt-use-in-nevada-affecting-several-prominent-ufc-fighters-mma)(TRT) and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) offering its full support of the decision (http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/27/5455186/ufc-official-statement-supports-trt-ban-nevada-honor-ruling-overseas-events-mma), the biggest question was how it would affect the UFC 173 main event between UFC Middleweight champion Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort.
In previous weeks, UFC President Dana White made it clear that Belfort would face Weidman with or without TRT. With today's decision, there was chatter on Twitter that there's plenty of time for Belfort to pull out with an "injury."
Since a 2012 defeat at the hands of Jon Jones at UFC 152, Belfort became the face of TRT in MMA. Belfort returned to the middleweight division and was able to score three straight knockouts to earn his second shot at UFC middleweight gold. At almost 37 years old, his career has seen a resurgence.
To say it's an unlikely story would be an understatement.
In an interview with ESPN for a piece for Outside The Lines on the subject of TRT (http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/26/5448678/espn-investigative-report-exposes-trt-ufc-tue-mma), Belfort stated that he feels condemned for doing something that is legal. He even attempted to distract away from his TRT usage by bringing up the very true fact that many fighters are taking Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) without additional testing.
In the same breath, Belfort has also claimed that no other fighter in MMA is tested as much as him.
In speaking with people within various athletic commissions, I know that those who are granted a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for TRT are subjected to out of competition testing. Should any of those fighters fail a test, they'd be suspended by the commission.
At 1:15 a.m., White announced on Fox Sports 1 that Belfort has been removed from the UFC 173 bout with Weidman. Replacing "the Phenom" is former UFC Light Heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida. Belfort stated that he will look to end his TRT program.

Baske
28-02-2014, 09:22
Als het testosteron is wat ingepompt wordt - is dit dan te zien door doktoren bij een test? Als hij het testosteron gehalte van een 25-jarige heeft, zou hij dan niet gewoon een 'freak of nature' kunnen zijn? In theorie?

Budokan
28-02-2014, 10:03
Als het testosteron is wat ingepompt wordt - is dit dan te zien door doktoren bij een test? Als hij het testosteron gehalte van een 25-jarige heeft, zou hij dan niet gewoon een 'freak of nature' kunnen zijn? In theorie?
Ja, of paardenvlees

ArjanV
28-02-2014, 10:08

Kun je zien ja...bij de juiste manier van testen in ieder geval...

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 10:19
Wat een walgelijk figuur die Vitor. 2 maanden tot het gevecht en hij zegt nu al af, hoezo? TRT is toch niet de reden waarom hij zo goed presteerde de laatste tijd?! Oh of toch wel....
Plus hij gaf in een interview van een paar maanden geleden aan dat hij bereid was om met trt te stoppen als het nodig was voor een title shot. Nou blijkbaar dus niet.

Of heeft god hem ingefluisterd dat hij het gevecht niet moet aangaan en is het puur toeval dat het op hetzelfde moment als de trt-ban is?!

The Company
28-02-2014, 10:36
Wat een clown die Belfort.

lopez86
28-02-2014, 10:41
Wat een walgelijk figuur die Vitor. 2 maanden tot het gevecht en hij zegt nu al af, hoezo? TRT is toch niet de reden waarom hij zo goed presteerde de laatste tijd?! Oh of toch wel....
Plus hij gaf in een interview van een paar maanden geleden aan dat hij bereid was om met trt te stoppen als het nodig was voor een title shot. Nou blijkbaar dus niet.

Of heeft god hem ingefluisterd dat hij het gevecht niet moet aangaan en is het puur toeval dat het op hetzelfde moment als de trt-ban is?!

Het is overduidelijk god's wil :fp::fp::fp:
Wat een ongelooflijke droeftoeter is het toch.
Hij heeft zo erg schijt aan alles en iedereen dat ie er openlijk voor uitkomt dat hij het zonder TRT niet kan.

Baske
28-02-2014, 10:56
Wat wordt er nu effectief veranderd in het testen dan? Wordt de verhouding van 6:1 verlaagd of wat? Belfort stapt er nu uit als een teken van 'goodwill' om z'n TRT te kunnen afbouwen, maar zelf denk ik dat dit gewoon een zet is naar z'n werkgever. Hij kan vervolgens gewoon rustig doorgaan met de TRT, want de testen zullen niet gewijzigd worden.

Misschien de dosis een beetje verlagen, maar ik zie de huidige gebruikers niet zomaar ermee stoppen als er niks veranderd wordt aan de testen... Ben benieuwd hoe ze hier nu mee omgaan.

cornelus
28-02-2014, 11:25
Dat UFC jongen... 1 groot circus :)

Willem033
28-02-2014, 11:30
Hahaha wat een lachertje die Belfort.
Ik denk dat God hem ingefluisterd heeft dat hij zonder trt al helemaal geen kans maakt.
Wat een clown zeg.
Waar zijn die fanboys nu?

e-type
28-02-2014, 11:57
Wel jammer. Had 'm zich graag zonder TRT aan God zien bewijzen.

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 12:02
http://sickofdana.moonfruit.com/communities/0/004/012/464/080//images/4606577691.jpg

Klassikl
28-02-2014, 12:05
Hahahahaha

Perfecte eerste stappen om het drugsgebruik binnen mma eruit te krijgen. En als Belfort hier het eerste slachtoffer van is des te beter!

YoMarK
28-02-2014, 12:13
Ach...tis niet zo dat hij gaat stoppen met Testosteron(dan is ie meteen afgewerkt). Alleen niet meer legaal. Hij heeft al zo lang kunnen oefenen met de dosering dat hij precies weet wat wel en niet kan.

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 18:24
Vitor Belfort is out of UFC 173, but the middleweight says it was not his decision.

Hours after the UFC announced Lyoto Machida will replace "The Phenom" in a title fight with Chris Weidman on May 24 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Belfort posted a statement on his Facebook page on the subject.

According to the Brazilian, he didn’t decide withdraw from UFC 173 after the Nevada State Athletic Commission opted to ban the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) on Thursday.

"Vitor Belfort didn’t give up on the fight," he wrote, "he was forced to give up.

"I never gave up on UFC 173 fight and never said that. Any information about it in the media is not true. What I said was that I’ll ‘quit on TRT’, and not ‘quit on the fight’, to continue my dream to fight."

Belfort says that he needed more time to get ready for a fight without the use of TRT, and he expects to fight the winner of Weidman vs. Machida when he returns.

"The UFC has decided to put another opponent in my place because of the fact that I won’t have time to suit NSAC’s new rules," he said. "According to the UFC, I will fight the winner of Weidman vs. Lyoto under the athletic commission new rules.

"I’m sorry that it happened and I appreciate the strength and understanding of all the fans, sponsors, UFC and the athletic commissions."

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 18:28
Uhm, ze hebben je uit het gevecht gehaald dan omdat ze weten dat je t/e ratio te hoog zal zijn en jij een main event zal verneuken daardoor. Hij verwoordt het heel subtiel: 'i won't have time to suit NSAC's new rules'.... Met andere woorden: het zal me niet lukken om de trt (op tijd) aan de kant te leggen.

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 18:32
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46617416.jpg

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 18:34
Ik las het volgende op een amerikaanse forum en vond het wel een goed punt:

Gotta love how easy it is for trt fighters to back up on statements

Chael claims he will die without trt, Nate Marquardt says he could barely function without it. If trt is something they need so badly why is it that Vitor only needs time to be able to get in octagon now. This is supposed to be something they can’t function without the way they treat yet they are healthy enough to not only compete in pro sport but a combat sport.

Ulis-E
28-02-2014, 18:36
Ik denk dat het verbieden van TRT een hele goede stap in de goede richting is.. maar het zal echt niets doen aan het drugs probleem binnen MMA. Diegenen die al jarenlang gebruiken en de tests weten te omzeilen zullen dit blijven doen.

De enige manier om het aan te pakken zal zijn via meer/intensievere tests. Ik las dat lorenzo fertita al had aangegeven mee te willen werken aan een groter budget voor PEDtesting?

e-type
28-02-2014, 20:15
Uhm, ze hebben je uit het gevecht gehaald dan omdat ze weten dat je t/e ratio te hoog zal zijn en jij een main event zal verneuken daardoor. Hij verwoordt het heel subtiel: 'i won't have time to suit NSAC's new rules'.... Met andere woorden: het zal me niet lukken om de trt (op tijd) aan de kant te leggen.

yep, het lijkt erop dat ie toch de thermometer geworden is en niet de thermostaat...(@ 2:25)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmvBnaOo6Pk

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 20:42
By now you know that Vitor Belfort has been replaced by Lyoto Machida against Chris Weidman at UFC 173. That announcement came just hours after the Nevada Athletic Commission unanimously approved a motion to ban therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy.

What we don't know, and may never know for sure, are the results of the surprise drug test Belfort was asked to take by the NAC on Feb. 7 while in Las Vegas for the 2013 World MMA Awards. Those results could very well make this cloudy picture a whole lot more clear.

Here's what we know: the results of that test are in. They came in earlier this week. Belfort and his team knows them, the commission knows them, and the UFC knows them. However, because he was tested prior to submitting an application for licensure in Nevada, and did not provide consent outside of the application to release the results, the commission is not at liberty to release the results. They would have already if Belfort had submitted his application for a license to fight in Nevada on May 24 against Weidman. The UFC is also not required to release the results, and have not, thus far.

MMAFighting.com submitted a public records request to NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar, who replied that he was not legally allowed to share the results or discuss any aspect of them for that aforementioned reason. MMAFighting.com has attempted to contact Belfort, his wife Joanna, his lawyer Neal Tabachnick and his manager Glenn Robinson to discuss the results of the drug test but to no avail.

On Thursday, MMAFighting.com was told by multiple sources that the results would be publicly released later that day, but that is no longer the case.

Back in March 2012, Alistair Overeem failed a surprise drug test in Nevada, which led to him getting pulled from his UFC heavyweight title fight later that year against Junior dos Santos. Those results were released by the commission because he had already submitted a request for licensure in Nevada.

On Thursday's episode of "FOX Sports Live," Belfort provided this statement:

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission recently altered its policy and no longer will permit testosterone use exemptions, and will not permit a TRT program. As other jurisdictions may follow suit, I am going to drop my TRT program and compete in MMA without it. Given the time constraints involved between now and my proposed next bout in May, I have determined not to apply for a license to fight in Nevada at this time."

On Friday, he contradicted that statement via his Facebook page:

"Vitor Belfort didn’t give up on the fight," he wrote, "he was forced to give up.

"I never gave up on UFC 173 fight and never said that. Any information about it in the media is not true. What I said was that I’ll ‘quit on TRT,' and not ‘quit on the fight,' to continue my dream to fight."

The latter statement meshes with what he said in Oct. 2013, regarding ending his TRT use for an opportunity to fight for the middleweight title.

"I’ve already said that, if they agree with it, I would (stop doing TRT)," he said. "No problem at all. If they want me to get there in a disadvantage, that’s OK."

Bottom line: the UFC is moving on without Belfort. All of a sudden, he won't be getting the title shot he's been campaigning for very heavily over the past year. The question that remains though is, why not? Does it have anything to do with that Feb. 7 drug test?

Only time will tell.

Pahlavan
28-02-2014, 20:44
Beetje raar om de uitslag van je random test niet bekend te maken als er niks aan de hand is....
maarja wie weet komt dat nog.

Klassikl
28-02-2014, 21:26
Ik zou echt graag de test waarden van de trt users willen weten. En met welke waarden ze knokken. Helaas zullen we het niet snel te weten komen.

Minotauro
28-02-2014, 22:00
Nu ineens iedereen anti trt? Net zo hypocriet als Belfort. Volgens mij werden Nosferatu of Pahlavan (1 vd 2) en ik korte tijd geleden nog gebasht door het hele forum, omdat iedereen mooie partijen wilde zien.

Pahlavan
01-03-2014, 02:29
It does not appear as though Vitor Belfort will willingly release the results of his Feb. 7 drug test in Nevada any time soon.

MMAFighting.com sent Belfort's lawyer, Neal Tabachnick, several questions regarding Thursday's news of him getting replaced by Lyoto Machida in the UFC 173 main event against Chris Weidman.

1) Can you release the results of the drug test Vitor Belfort was asked to take by the Nevada Athletic Commission on Feb. 7?

NT: The test is not relevant as Vitor is not applying for a license to fight in Nevada at this time. The reason for Zuffa replacing Vitor with Lyoto for the May 2014 middleweight championship bout was because of the Commission’s change in direction on TRT/TUE yesterday. Zuffa felt that with this change at the Commission, there is no time for Vitor to drop his TRT program, secure a license for a May 2014 bout and leave Zuffa with time to properly promote the bout.

2) Did Belfort fail the drug test?

NT: See above.

3) Why did Befort's statement, posted Friday on his Facebook page, seem to contradict the one attributed to him on last night's episode of "FOX Sports Live"?

NT: Vitor was only correcting the mischaracterization of the situation as him withdrawing from the bout. Zuffa decided that with the sea change in rules by the Commission, that there was no time to address it, get Vitor licensed, and promote the event. Vitor did not wish to withdraw from the bout, as some in the media have suggested.

4) Did he voluntarily remove himself from the UFC 173 title fight or did the UFC do so?

NT: The UFC made the switch. It was not Vitor’s choice. Vitor respects the Commission’s ruling as to TRT and TUE, has dropped his TRT program as of yesterday, and is fully prepared to fight the winner of the Weidman/Machida fight without his TRT program. That’s the focus.

5) Is he willing to conduct an interview about this matter?

NT: Not at this time.

Pahlavan
01-03-2014, 02:30
Als hij de random drug test heeft gepassed is het toch geen probleem om dat aan te geven lijkt mij?! Dit maakt het allemaal nog extra verdacht..

Asura
01-03-2014, 02:54
Jammer, ik had graag Weidman tegen TRT Belfort gezien omdat dat veel open vragen over Weidman zou kunnen wegnemen.

Pahlavan
01-03-2014, 11:22
Ik heb een vraagje waar iemand hopelijk antwoord op heeft: Cheator Belfort geeft aan dat hij niet @ ufc 173 zal vechten omdat hij het qua tijd niet redt om aan de eisen van de NSAC te voldoen... Maar als hij trt altijd puur en alleen gebruikte om binnen de toegestane (volgens mij 6:1) limiet te blijven, dan zou hij toch geen problemen moeten hebben?! Dan is het gewoon een kwestie van stoppen met test. inspuiten want qua t/e ratio zou je sowieso al niet boven het toegestane moeten zitten.
Dat in combinatie met het feit dat ze het resultaat van de random test niet willen bekendmaken.... It's not looking good for mister Belfort

Nelisje
01-03-2014, 13:46
Denk dat als je een reputatie hebt dat je TRT gebruikt en dat nodig hebt je waardes stadaard onder de 1:1 liggen. Als je dan waardes hebt boven de 1op1 kun je er gemakshalve van uit gaan dat je gebruikt. Hij kan wel zeggen dat het gods wil was dat hij hogere testosteron waardes heeft nu hij geen TRT meer mag gebruiken.. maar denk dat niemand daar in stinkt.