PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Arlovski back in the UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

Naj85
25-04-2014, 03:56
Andrei Arlovski released from WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

TWEET

EMAIL

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/andrei-arlovski-wsof-5.jpg?w=1000
Ex-UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski (http://mmajunkie.com/tag/andrei-arlovski/) (21-10 MMA, 10-4 UFC) is returning to the promotion six years after he left the industry-leading promotion.
UFC President Dana White today announced the return of “The Pitbull,” tweeting, “Welcome back, Andrei Arlovski!”
MMAjunkie subsequently confirmed with a source close to negotiations that Arlovski was released from his contract with World Series of Fighting and is targeted for a UFC 174 bout opposite Brendan Schaub (http://mmajunkie.com/tag/brendan-schaub/) (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC). The source asked not to be named because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.
UFC 174 takes place June 14 at Vancouver, British Columbia’s Rogers Arena. The event’s main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Arlovski returns after running out his contract with the UFC and then signing with the now-defunct Affliction Entertainment. He earned a knockout over Ben Rothwell in the promotion’s debut and then did a one-off with the also-defunct EliteXC, knocking out Roy Nelson. He then went on to face Fedor Emelianenko in Affliction’s second event, and despite a spirited effort, was knocked out in the first round.
Upon Affliction’s shuttering in 2009, he went on to sign with the now-defunct Strikeforce and subsequently lost three straight high-profile bouts, including a first-round knockout to Sergei Kharitonov in the opening round of Strikeforce’s heavyweight grand prix.
Arlovski then rebuilt himself in smaller promotions, going 6-1 with one no-contest. He was among the first high-profile signees of WSOF and went 2-1 for the promotion, suffering a broken jaw and decision loss to Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2.
Arlovski’s most recent performance came this past November in his native Belarus, where he earned a second-round TKO of Andreas Kraniotakes.
Now 35 years old, Arlovski won the interim title at UFC 51 by submitting Tim Sylvia and then was promoted to undisputed champ following a first-round KO of Justin Eilers at UFC 53.
Schaub’s previous fight came this past September at UFC 165, where he choked Matt Mitrione unconscious to earn his second straight win. The veteran of “The Ultimate Fighter 10″ carries a 6-3 octagon record.
For more on UFC 174 (https://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-174), stay tuned to the UFC Rumors (https://mmajunkie.com/rumors) section of the site.

Naj85
25-04-2014, 03:56
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/459468410599247873

champ zal die nooit meer worden maar ben toch benieuwd waar hij tussen de HW rankings zal komen te staan

T15Boxing
25-04-2014, 04:55
Dit had al wel wat eerder mogen gebeuren vind ik. Er kunnen nog wat leuke partijen voor hem zijn maar ik vrees echt voor hem als hij een power puncher tegemoet komt.

Leventdepevent
25-04-2014, 08:14
Dit had al wel wat eerder mogen gebeuren vind ik. Er kunnen nog wat leuke partijen voor hem zijn maar ik vrees echt voor hem als hij een power puncher tegemoet komt.
dat is in het geval van hem al snel, want hij heeft echt een kin van glas. toch ben ik benieuwd hoe hij het gaat doen.

123trisweat
25-04-2014, 09:58
GAAP*

Willem033
25-04-2014, 10:39
Sowieso geen top 10 vechter. Laat Nesson hem verwelkomen, is die zo weer weg.

Garcia
25-04-2014, 11:03
Misschien kan hij de rol overnemen van Cheick Kongo. De oude Arlovski zullen we denk ik nooit meer terug zien.

Turboknecht
25-04-2014, 16:31
Ze hebben echt een probleem daar bij de HW divisie bij de UFC. Een veteraan van 35 terug halen... Maar goed, ben wel benieuwd wat hij gaat doen.

T15Boxing
25-04-2014, 16:47
dat is in het geval van hem al snel, want hij heeft echt een kin van glas. toch ben ik benieuwd hoe hij het gaat doen.

Scaub kan iig nog minder incasseren en uitdelen dus zulke gevechten zijn goed voor Arlovski.

Als je terug denkt hoe goed Arlovski was, 2 mannen die bijna onmogelijk KO gaan in de UFC(Nelson en Rothwell) waren beiden knockout geslagen door Andrei in zn prime.

Harrie Nak
25-04-2014, 17:07
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/double-take.gif

kruikenstad goes bjj
25-04-2014, 20:35
spectaculaire vechter maar dat gaat het hem niet meer worden andrei

kooivechter
26-04-2014, 01:50
Sowieso geen top 10 vechter. Laat Nesson hem verwelkomen, is die zo weer weg.

Wil niet veel zeggen. Maar Arlovski is de enige die Nelson ko heeft geslagen

Willem033
26-04-2014, 02:12
Wil niet veel zeggen. Maar Arlovski is de enige die Nelson ko heeft geslagen

Klopt. En dat gaat hem niet nog een keer lukken.
Daarom hoop ik dat Nelson hem mag verwelkomen.
Het Arlovski tijdperk is helaas over denk ik.
Btw, wil je de Arlovski van toen vergelijken met wie hij nu is haha?

Naj85
26-04-2014, 06:20

UFC

HOME�*NEWS�*HAYMAKER�*VIDEO�*PHOTOS�*THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER�*FIGHTTRAX

Brendan Schaub faces 'legend' Andrei Arlovski at UFC 174

Damon MartinFOX Sports

APR 25, 2014 5:05P ET

Al Bello/Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Brendan Schaub excited about landing an even bigger fight than Mark Hunt at UFC 174

Brendan Schaub has spent the last few weeks of his life just waiting on the call from the UFC to give him a date on the calendar for a fight with Mark Hunt.

Unfortunately that call never came and a few days ago, Schaub came to the harsh realization that the fight with Hunt probably wasn't going to happen and he had to move onto his next assignment inside the Octagon.

With the bulk of the top heavyweights in the UFC already wrapped up in fights or just coming out of bouts, the list seemed short of potential opponents but when Schaub's manager gave him a ring just a couple of days ago, he couldn't believe the name that was uttered.

"My manager called me and I was actually on the beach doing a recovery workout and he goes 'I got some news for you'.�* He goes 'it's a big one' and I knew the Mark Hunt stuff, Mark was dragging his feet and they wanted to wait till August or September so I was like who do we got?�* He goes 'Andrei Arlovski' and you got him June 14," Schaub told FOX Sports on Friday.�* "I couldn't be more excited.�* Andrei and I have trained together before, he trains at a world-class level. For me it's a legend, it's a world-class fighter.�* We'll definitely be the talk of UFC 174."

“SO I SHOT FOR THE STARS AND I LANDED ON THE MOON WITH ANDREI ARLOVSKI. HE'S A BIGGER NAME THAN MARK HUNT. HE'S A LEGEND”

— Brendan Schaub

As disappointed as Schaub was that he didn't land the fight with Hunt, hearing that he was getting Arlovski instead was like waking up on Christmas morning to find the house filled to the brim with presents.�* Schaub looks at Arlovski as one of the true icons of the Octagon, and in name value alone this is a much bigger fight than the bout he was gunning for with Hunt.

"So I shot for the stars and I landed on the moon with Andrei Arlovski.�* He's a bigger name than Mark Hunt.�* He's a legend. It's like them calling up and saying you're pitching against Bo Jackson, he's one of the greats," Schaub said.

"You look at the name Arlovski's beat -- Fabricio Werdum, Ben Rothwell, Roy Nelson -- you're talking about the who's who of the sport.�* A big convincing win, a knockout of Andrei Arlovski, that launches me up there.�* It couldn't get bigger for me.�* My coach asked 'well what should we do with this fight?' and I said line up the toughest sons of b--ches you can find because this isn't going to be one of those quick knockouts."

You may also like...

Jon Jones admits his own arroganceWanderlei Silva calls Chael Sonnen a 'racist'Chuck Liddell claims he would've KO'd Jon JonesApparel brand puts 5K bounty on Ronda RouseyUFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira predictions

Schaub has been itching to fight ever since his last bout and now he gets a main card slot against a former UFC heavyweight champion returning to the promotion for the first time in over six years.�*

Now the former Ultimate Fighter runner-up gets the chance to not only face one of the best heavyweights, but a legend -- and that's more than he ever could have hoped for when he started looking for his next fight.

Schaub vs. Arlovski will be a featured bout on the UFC 174 pay-per-view card featuring the main event between flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and challenger Ali Bagautinov.

�*

damon martin�*\�*ufc 174�*\�*ufc

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Watch a Wasp Slaughter a Tarantula to Feed Its Larvae [VIDEO]Mediander

A Starting XI of the Fastest Players in World Footballftbpro

20 World's Most Dangerous Vacation DestinationsAmerikanki

10 Most Dangerous People Foods for DogsWomanitely

by Taboola

Sponsored Content

FROM AROUND THE WEB

Watch a Wasp Slaughter a Tarantula to Feed Its Larvae [VIDEO]�* (Mediander)

A Starting XI of the Fastest Players in World Football (ftbpro)

20 World's Most Dangerous Vacation Destinations (Amerikanki)

10 Most Dangerous People Foods for Dogs (Womanitely)

Have You Seen The Daughter of The King of Saudi Arabia? (World Observer)

MORE FROM FOX SPORTS

Victoria’s Secret Models: The Week In Instagram [April 18th, 2014]

101 Greatest Sports Movies of All Time

NBA Playoffs 2014, Raptors at Nets final score: Brooklyn survives Toronto rally to win 102-98,…

Daniela Hantuchova Turns 31 As a Backhanding Beauty [66 PICS]

Marisa Miller Is Back For A Good Cause And Great Pics [59 PHOTOS]

by Taboola

Promoted Content

BEST OF THE WEB