PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight Night 40 | Results

Kemal
11-05-2014, 09:24
Matt Brown def. Erick Silva via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 2:11
Constantinos Philippou def. Lorenz Larkin via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:47
Daron Cruickshank def. Erik Koch via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:21
Neil Magny def. Tim Means via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Soa Palelei def. Ruan Potts via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:20
Chris Cariaso def. Louis Smolka via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Ed Herman def. Rafael Natal via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Kyoji Horiguchi def. Darrell Montague via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Zak Cummings def. Yan Cabral via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Johnny Eduardo def. Eddie Wineland via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:37
Nik Lentz def. Manny Gamburyan via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Justin Salas def. Ben Wall via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:41
Anthony Lapsley def. Anthony Lapsley via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:56

Kemal
11-05-2014, 09:26
UFC Fight Night 40 bonuses:

Matt Brown scored an extra $100,000, while Johnny Eduardo and Erick Silva each earned $50,000 bonuses for their work at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 40 event.

Brown and Eduardo each earned “Performance of the Night” awards, while “The Immortal” took home an extra $50,000 for the evening’s “Fight of the Night” honors, in which Silva also shared.

UFC Fight Night 40 took place at Cincinnati’s U.S. Bank Arena. The main card aired on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on FOX Sports 2 and UFC Fight Pass.

Brown and Silva met in the evening’s headlining contest and provided the crowd with an instant classic. It was the Brazilian Silva who looked destined to finish the fight early, landed a pair of devastating kicks that sent Brown to the canvas. But as Silva swarmed to finish the fight, Brown found the courage to last through the attacks and battled back to seize control of the momentum until finally putting away his gritty opponent in the third round.

The effort scored both men an extra $50,000 for the “Fight of the Night,” and Brown double-dipped with a “Performance of the Night” bonus, too.

Meanwhile, Eduardo was given little chance by oddsmakers, as he returned from a two-year layoff to fight the top-ranked Eddie Wineland. But Eduardo delivered the shocking upset by crushing his opponent with two big punches that instantly ended the fight and scored the Brazilian an extra $50,000 for the evening’s other “Performance of the Night” bonus.

Kemal
11-05-2014, 12:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WNPQLHhCk5s

Naj85
11-05-2014, 22:53
had niet veel verwacht van deze card, maar uiteindelijk echt een mooi event geweest. the night of the underdogs, al die underdogs wonnen volgens mij. en vele mooie knockouts. geen saaie event deze.
mooie combi van Cruickshank met die KO

Tony
12-05-2014, 09:00
Ik blijf het zeggen. Wat een wereldpartij tussen Brown en Silva.

Wheelie
12-05-2014, 09:22
Ik blijf het zeggen. Wat een wereldpartij tussen Brown en Silva.

Ja, dat was genieten

Klassikl
12-05-2014, 15:31
had niet veel verwacht van deze card, maar uiteindelijk echt een mooi event geweest. the night of the underdogs, al die underdogs wonnen volgens mij. en vele mooie knockouts. geen saaie event deze.
mooie combi van Cruickshank met die KO

Klopt helemaal! Maar dat Qruickshank en Brown zulke underdogs waren sloeg nergens op!

LightHeavyWeight
12-05-2014, 15:53
Het is altijd makkelijk lullen vanaf de zijlijn maar ik begreep niet dat Silva niet meer ging doen met zijn linkertrap op het lichaam. Ik had het gevoel dat die Brown er nog maar eentje nodig had en dat Silva dat niet helemaal meer door had. Maar wel vreemd dat Brown zo'n enorme underdog was, zeker gezien de resultaten van beide vechters afgelopen twee jaar.
Die Cruickshank zag er erg goed uit in alle opzichten.

carlo1
13-05-2014, 02:28
"The first one was the worst one," said Brown as transcribed by Dave Doyle (http://twitter.com/davedoylemma) for MMAFighting (http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/12/5711126/lawn-mowing-matt-brown-on-title-shot-i-dont-see-what-the-problem). "The other ones, they surely hurt but it was kind of like I said in the post fight conference, the first one caught me cold, that's when it hurts you most is when you're cold. After I was warmed up I was able to take it a little better and sort go with the flow of the fight. ... It didn't hit my ribs, it was liver/stomach. Honestly, it was still hurting even after the fight was over. Even walking backstage and stuff it was still hurting."
Brown survived by improvising a new technique never taught by any trainer ever.
"After the first body shot I was actually thankful that he was punching my face," said Brown . "I was leaving my face open to get punched so that my body could recover. Which was a risk/reward thing and you only have a split second to think about it. And I know that if I get hit in the body again it could very potentially be over, so it was like, just hit me anywhere except for there. So I curled up, I grabbed his leg, and just hoped that he punched me in the face, and fortunately he went for a submission before destroying my face."

Naj85
14-05-2014, 01:38
Mark Beecher ‏@markhyena (http://twitter.com/markhyena)
Matt Brown is so badass he tells Burt Watson ...... WE ROLLLIIINNNNN !!
Matt Brown is so badass that Cain Velasquez got his name tattooed across his chest then pride ....
Matt Brown is so badass he stands up Kim Winslow....
Matt brown is so badass Big John says "Let's get it on...if that's okay with you " before his fights.....
Matt Brown is so badass that he applies Vaseline to Stitch in between rounds.
When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Matt Brown...
Matt Brown is so badass he once punched the Hulk in the face…. He changed his name to Shrek and he hides in the forest.....
Matt Brown is so badass he puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".......
Matt Brown is so bad ass he once got bit by a rattlesnake…… After three days of pain and agony…… The rattlesnake died
Matt Brown is so bad ass he will never have a heart attack. .... His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.
Matt Brown is so bad ass he drinks Gatorade, that he gets by squeezing two gators together.....
Matt Brown is so bad ass he frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. .... Just never his own..
Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, and fear of Matt Brown is just called plain logic...
Matt Brown is so bad ass there more jokes about Chuck Norris then Matthew Brown ..... Because Matt Brown is no joke.

Tony
14-05-2014, 08:31
Matt Brown is so badass that he applies Vaseline to Stitch in between rounds. :lol:

Sadix
14-05-2014, 23:36
Matt Brown is so badass that he applies Vaseline to Stitch in between rounds. :lol:

die ga ik van je lenen

Turboknecht
15-05-2014, 08:29
die ga ik van je lenen

De vaseline?

Naj85
15-05-2014, 10:46
vond deze ook lachen haha:

Matt Brown is so badass that Cain Velasquez got his name tattooed across his chest then pride ....

LOL@
http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/customavatars/avatar24361_1.gif (http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/member.php[/email]?24361-Turboknecht)Turboknecht (http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/member.php[/email][/email]?24361-Turboknecht)

Bromios
15-05-2014, 21:43
Goed werk van de scheids ook want hij had er tussen kunnen springen direct. Maar hij wachtte het even af en het werd een toppartij.