PDA

View Full Version : Belfort admits he failed random Feb.7 drug test with elevated levels of testosterone

Pahlavan
07-06-2014, 01:22
As many suspected, Vitor Belfort tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in the random Nevada State Athletic Commission drug test he underwent while in Las Vegas for the World MMA Awards on February 7, 2014.

Belfort, who previously maintained that the results of the random test were "irrelevant" because he was not applying for a license to fight in Nevada, released the results of the failed test on Friday in advance of his June 17 hearing with the NSAC, where the polarizing Brazilian will attempt to apply for a license to fight Chael Sonnen at UFC 175 as a replacement for Wanderlei Silva.

"At the time that test was taken, I was considering filing for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) from the NSAC," Belfort wrote via a statement on his Instagram account. "While I had not made formal application for a TUE, the NSAC nonetheless requested I take the test and I willingly complied. I further confirmed to the NSAC, in writing, the widely known fact that I was then presently on TRT and had been for many years leading up to that test and that I had further taken the TRT dosage recommended by my doctors the day prior.

"The results of the February 7, 2014, test indicated that my testosterone level was above the therapeutic range. While levels slightly outside the normal therapeutic range are not uncommon for some undergoing a TRT regimen, and my doctors immediately modified my therapy to return me to within the therapeutic range (as you can see the 22nd February test results was normal), I do want to acknowledge that the February 7, 2014 test indicated my level was above the range.

"Since that February 7, 2014 test, I have taken several subsequent tests, in late February, March, April and May, and the results of each test indicate my levels were either normal or below normal," Belfort continued. "To avoid any ambiguity, I am releasing, along with this statement, the results of all tests noted above and will provide the same to NSCA for their consideration as part of my licensing application. I further welcome any additional testing that the NSAC deems appropriate and necessary with respect to being granted the privilege of a license to fight here in the state of Nevada."

NSAC Executive Director Bob Bennett previously told MMAFighting.com that Belfort's application will undergo a "comprehensive review" at the NSAC's June 17 hearing, and that the commission will likely require Belfort to undergo supplementary drug testing before the commission reviews his license.

UFC officials released the following statement regarding Belfort's admission on Friday.

"The UFC organization supports Vitor Belfort's application for a license to compete in Nevada, and we respect the Nevada Athletic Commission and its licensing process. Pending Commission approval, we look forward to a great fight between Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen at UFC 175 on July 5."

If Belfort can obtain licensure, UFC 175 is expected to take place at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Belfort's complete statement can be seen here. The released results of his random February 7 test can be seen below, while the released results of his subsequent self-imposed February 22, March 20, April 27 and May 15 tests can be seen here.

http://instagram.com/p/o6JemoIWlK/

Pahlavan
07-06-2014, 01:29
Waar is die Vitor gebleven die telkens in interviews zei: 'my test. levels have never been above normal range'?!

wel typisch Vitor dit, schijnheilig doen en zogenaamd de eerlijke man willen spelen terwijl hij dit pas na maanden bekend maakt omdat de NSAC dit naar buiten zou brengen indien Vitor weer om een licentie vraagt voor het Sonnen gevecht.

Maar hey, dit heeft Vitor allemaal gedaan voor Jezus. Of andersom?! iig iets met jezus...

Pahlavan
07-06-2014, 01:33
Ik heb zelf weinig verstand van dit soort zaken maar ik kwam dit op een forum tegen als antwoord op de vraag van welke hoeveelheden 'normaal' zijn:

'Theres a picture in the article that his levels were over 1400. To keep it simple you in your prime on a great diet and a workout regimen would have no more than 800ng/dl'

e-type
07-06-2014, 01:34
Iets met jezus, of wolven en bestemmingen. En water dat vloeit en stenen tot gruis verpulvert. Maar vooral jezus en wolven.

Klassikl
07-06-2014, 01:56
Toch vervelend wanneer jezus een spuit teveel in je reet zet. Een normale range van test is ong 400-800. Wanneer je op trt zit mag je echter niet boven de 700 uitkomen.

Waneer je niet aan de trt zit, mag je bij de meeste comissions een verhouding van 4-1 hebben. 4 maal meer test dan epitest. Dan betekent dat je dus makkelijk lichtjes kan juicen zonder gepakt te worden. Echter maak je zelf steeds minder epitest aan wanneer je juiced. Dus lom je op gegeven moment boven doe 4-1 ratio uit. En ben je de sjaak.

Zelfs in zijn statememt lult belfort weer een berg onzin. Ik had nog niks ingediend om aan de therapy te mogen maar zat toch al te spuiten in de kerk. Oftewel, ik was aan het juicen in de hoop niet getest te worden voor de trt (ab) yse. Partij tussen belfort en sonnen kan beter een bodybuilding wedstrijd worden. Die gasten zitten waarschijnlijk nog minder aan de spuit.

Kemal
07-06-2014, 06:51
daar kijkt toch niemand van op..

Willem033
07-06-2014, 12:23
Heheh Cheator.
Echt een misselijk mannetje.
Dat hij het woord God in zijn mond durft te nemen.
Vieze hypocriet.