View Full Version : Chael fails random drug test *edit: Chael Stopt met MMA*

Naj85
10-06-2014, 22:34

Kemal
10-06-2014, 22:35
punt!

Naj85
10-06-2014, 22:36
Chael Sonnen has failed a random drug test in the state of Nevada and will not fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 175 on July 5.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission randomly tested Sonnen last month while he was in Las Vegas to attend a UFC news conference. Results confirmed the presence of two illegal substances, Anastrozole and Clomiphene.
NSAC chairman Francisco Aguilar confirmed the test results to ESPN.com on Tuesday.
UFC officials also acknowledged the situation.
"UFC officials acknowledge irregularities in a recent random test," the promotion stated. "Chael is planning on addressing the matter this afternoon."

Naj85
10-06-2014, 22:40
ESPNMMASPORTS

ScheduleFightersNewsMore

Chael Sonnen fails random drug testBrett Okamoto*[ARCHIVE*ESPN.com | June 10, 2014

LAS VEGAS -- UFC light heavyweightChael Sonnen*has failed a random drug test and will not fightVitor Belfort*at UFC 175 on July 5.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission randomly tested Sonnen last month while he was in Las Vegas to attend a UFC news conference. Results confirmed the presence of two illegal substances, anastrozole and clomiphene.

NSAC chairman Francisco Aguilar confirmed the test results to ESPN.com on Tuesday. UFC officials also acknowledged the situation.

Al Powers for ESPNChael Sonnen has failed a random drug test and will not fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 175.

"UFC officials acknowledge irregularities in a recent random test," the promotion stated. "Chael is planning on addressing the matter this afternoon."

Sonnen (28-14-1) is expected to discuss the test results on Fox, which he serves as a UFC analyst.

The substances Sonnen tested positive for are classified as antiestrogenic. Anastrozole is used to treat early stages of breast cancer. Clomiphene is used in cases of female infertility.

Sonnen likely will face a suspension in the wake of the test. Sources indicate to ESPN.com that he will not file an appeal.

Sonnen, 37, has stated he was diagnosed with hypogonadism in 2008, resulting in a low level of testosterone. He had been approved the use of testosterone-replacement therapy previously in Nevada.

The NSAC banned TRT in combat sports in February, however, which forced Sonnen to abandon treatment. Shortly after the ban, Sonnen stated he would have to find alternative methods to raise his testosterone or retire.

"If [the ban] retires guys, then it retires guys," Sonnen said on "UFC Tonight." "Rules are rules, and the rules need to be followed.

"I've had to stop testosterone with the hope we can find a new way to gain results of upping testosterone to a healthy level. If it doesn't work, I may have to stop the sport, and it's as simple as that."

Sonnen was originally scheduled to fight*Wanderlei Silva*at UFC 175, which will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, but Silva was pulled from the card last month when he refused to submit to a random NSAC test.

Belfort (24-10) is facing a licensing issue in Nevada as well. The Brazilian had also been approved the use of TRT in his last three fights but has since discontinued use. He is scheduled to appear at an NSAC licensing hearing on June 17.

This is the second time Sonnen has technically failed a drug test. In August 2010, he tested positive for an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio prior to a UFC middleweight title fight against*Anderson Silva*in Oakland, California. The California State Athletic Commission suspended Sonnen for one year.

Sonnen appealed the suspension in December 2010, during which he revealed his medical condition and admitted use of TRT. The sentence was reduced to six months.

In May 2011, the CSAC suspended Sonnen indefinitely on suspicion of perjury during that December appeal. That suspension officially ended June 29, 2011.

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Could this be the only connection you need in your home?(TrustedReviews)If you have Gmail, you won't believe this trick.*(The Good, The Bad & The Techie)CEO-Blogger Utterly Humiliated In Fat-Finger Oops [100 Words Into The Future]*(Forbes)Top 10 Ways Men Flirt That Women Don't Notice(Amerikanki.com)

[what's this?]

COMMENTS

Use a*Facebook account*to add a comment, subject to Facebook'sTerms of Service*and*Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms.Learn more

NEWSMORE +

Sonnen fails drug test, out of UFC 175 bout

White: Sanchez-Pearson decision 'insanity'

Bout between Green, Trujillo added to UFC 176

Henderson submits Khabilov in four rounds

Jones-Gustafsson rematch set for Sept. 27

Middleweight Belfort admits to failed drug test

McGregor gets Brandao after Miller hurts hand

ESPN*VIDEOMORE

03:16

MMA Live Extra: Johnson-Bagautinov Preview

Phil Murphy and Brett Okamoto look at the key factors of Saturday's flyweight title fight between Demetrious Johnson and Ali Bagautinov at UFC 174 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

04:10

MMA Live Extra: MacDonald-Woodley Preview

Phil Murphy and Brett Okamoto discuss UFC 174's co-main event between Rory MacDonald and Tyron Woodley.

02:13

MMA Live Extra: Belfort Admits To Elevated Level

ESPN MMA writer Brett Okamoto discusses UFC middleweight Vitor Belfort's admission of testing to an elevated level of testosterone in February.

ESPN MOBILE HOMEESPN.COM*ABC NEWS*HELP / FEEDBACK*SEARCHSITE MAP*JOBS AT ESPN*TERMS OF USEINTEREST-BASED ADSPRIVACY POLICY/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSEN ESPAÑOL*SIGN IN

Kemal
10-06-2014, 22:44
Tis wel een lul zeg, sjonge jonge, dacht dat hij juist altijd tegen was..

Pahlavan
10-06-2014, 23:12
Karma is a motherfucker :)

Chael Sonnen:
- Een leugenaar
- Een een crimineel
- Een snitch (hij had nadat hij werd opgepakt voor geld witwassen anderen erbij genaaid waardoor die de cel niet inhoefde)
- Een cheater

Doei Chael, lowlife die je bent. Heerlijk dit.

T15Boxing
10-06-2014, 23:13
Gaat niet zo lekker met de TRT jongens.

Gezellig...

RedDawn
10-06-2014, 23:18

Chael Sonnen:
- Een leugenaar
- Een een crimineel
- Een snitch (hij had nadat hij werd opgepakt voor geld witwassen anderen erbij genaaid waardoor die de cel niet inhoefde)
- Een cheater

x hele dikke 2!!!!!

Klassikl
10-06-2014, 23:21
TROLOLOLOL

Hier kan je toch alleen maar keihard om lachen?

One less for the bad guy.

Turboknecht
10-06-2014, 23:35
Hahahaha, wat een gedoe daar met die ouwe TRT'ers.

Nosferatu187
10-06-2014, 23:54
what a surprise.

Naj85
11-06-2014, 01:48
Sonnen explains failed drug test
Jun 10, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Earlier today it was revealed that Chael Sonnen failed a random drug test administered by the NSAC and was removed from his scheduled UFC 175 bout. Today Sonnen was a guest on Jay Mohr's radio show and explained himself:
Mohr: “You’ve failed a drug test leading up to UFC 175 which is in July but, why don’t you set the record straight right now of what happened….”
Sonnen: “They changed the ruling in Nevada earlier this year, doing away with the TRT, testosterone replacement therapy, and I was on that. So when they changed the rule, we all had to go through a transition phase. For me during the transition, I had to take a couple of things. One is called Clomiphene……and another is called HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin). I didn’t fight it or ask for a license. In the interim, they did a test, and I tested positive for these things which I should have because I took them and they were in my system. That wasn’t a surprise. These aren’t anabolics, these aren’t steroids or performance enhancers, but they have deemed that they are banned substances. What’s interesting in my case is that we’re out of competition. These aren’t things that I showed up with on game day. This is out of competition due to a rule that they changed, so it’s an odd spot for me.”
Mohr: “So you were’t fighting when you tested positive for this thing that the Nevada State Athletic Commission decided was no longer legal. You took yourself out of the Octagon to get it out of your system, so why did you hand in a drug test if you weren’t fighting?”
Sonnen: “What happens is they do out-of-competition testing, and the lab that they went to is the USADA lab, which is the greatest lab in the world, but it’s a very sensitive test. We’ve done our own test, at our own labs and we thought everything was out of our system. These weren’t secrets that I took these substances, this is what you have to take coming off testosterone. They can handle it however they want. They can say that it makes sense or they can say they don’t like it. The confusing part is that for a non-anabolic, non-steroid, non-performance enhancing agent that is perfectly legal and that I need for a healthy life……essentially, they are saying you have to choose between health and sport. It’s very tough for me because I was very upfront about it being in my system. Why was it in my system? Because I took it! I’ve been taking it, and I had to take it because you guys (NSAC) changed the rules. I now have to go to a hearing and I have a fight in thirty-days. There’s no way the hearing will be before then. It’s just kind of a tough spot.”

Nosferatu187
11-06-2014, 01:52
Tis wel een lul zeg, sjonge jonge, dacht dat hij juist altijd tegen was..

hij is tegen betrapt worden.

Tony
11-06-2014, 09:46
Laat Wandy-Sonnen maar gewoon doorgaan nu ;)

Boutsen83
11-06-2014, 10:57
Laat Wandy-Sonnen maar gewoon doorgaan nu ;)

of Mousasi-Belfort

S.B.
11-06-2014, 11:09
of Mousasi-Belfort
Dat zou een goeie zijn!

new_world_order
11-06-2014, 11:34
je kan zeggen wat je wil, maar dit is gewoon een na kuur, je kunt niet zo maar cold turkey stoppen met Test, hij heeft deze middelen nodig gehad om zn eigen systemen weer op gang te helpen. Dus in dat kader vind ik het vreemd. TRT was namelijk toegestaan.

Ik ben zowiezo tegenstander van TRT omdat 90% van de users het nodig hebben omdat ze in het verleden hun brains eruit hebben gejuiced.

maar in dit geval snap ik Chael wel.

Mauro
11-06-2014, 11:47
of Mousasi-Belfort
Make it happen !!

ArjanV
11-06-2014, 11:50
Is inderdaad gewoon een nakuur....nodig om zijn eigen systeem weer op gang te jagen..

Met TRT an sich is niks mis maar in de vechtsport werd/word de term misbruikt...daar wordt geoon testosteron gebruikt maar noemen ze het TRT

Wheelie
11-06-2014, 11:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZrGMJXncM

Wheelie
11-06-2014, 12:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdMXe9xDsU

Westpaw
11-06-2014, 13:27
je kan zeggen wat je wil, maar dit is gewoon een na kuur, je kunt niet zo maar cold turkey stoppen met Test, hij heeft deze middelen nodig gehad om zn eigen systemen weer op gang te helpen. Dus in dat kader vind ik het vreemd. TRT was namelijk toegestaan.

Ik ben zowiezo tegenstander van TRT omdat 90% van de users het nodig hebben omdat ze in het verleden hun brains eruit hebben gejuiced.

maar in dit geval snap ik Chael wel.
X2!

Naj85
11-06-2014, 14:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZrGMJXncMWhite: Both Sonnen & NSAC to blame for failed test

Earlier today it was revealed that Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) had tested positive for banned substances and was removed from a UFC 175 scheduled with Vitor Belfort.
Tonight UFC President Dana White (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=Dana%20White) joined 'America's Pregame' on Fox Sports to comment on the situation, placing blame not only on Sonnen, but the Nevada (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=Nevada) State Athletic Commission as well:

UFC president Dana White on if he was shocked by the positive drug test results: “My reaction isn’t shock. This has been lingering. This stuff was legal. TRT was legal and then the Nevada State Athletic Commission said, ‘It’s illegal now, it’s got to go away.’ But, there are going to be effects of stopping this thing cold turkey. It just doesn’t work that way.”

White on if this positive drug test implies other athletes are on drugs: “Nobody is on it. Just to clear the air here, nobody is on TRT. And, we only had five guys out of over 500 that were ever on TRT, and it was absolutely legal. And then the [Nevada] Athletic Commission changed the ruling and said, ‘It is now a banned substance, you cannot take it.’ There are only really two of our big stars that are dealing with the effects of TRT - Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) and Vitor Belfort. This thing has been bad since day one and I wish that the Commission never let anybody use TRT. They didn’t go a very good job of figuring out how to get these guys off of it. When you get off of it, you don’t just go cold turkey, there are things that you have to do. If they don’t take these estrogen blockers, they can get side effects from it. Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) is at this point in his life and his career, where he got married and was trying to have children and he was on medicine to help with fertility and have a baby. This is between Chael and the Commission, but the rules should have been laid out better when they said that’s it, it’s over. Because here is the big problem, too: even when it was legal, the Athletic Commission and all of the doctors were never on the same with page with the [testosterone] ratios and all of these other things. It was always a nightmare, so it had to go away. I’m glad it’s gone and we’re just dealing with all of the aftermath.”

White on who’s at fault - Sonnen or the Nevada Athletic Commission: “Both are at fault. I think the Nevada State Athletic Commission could have laid it out better for how they were going to end this thing. What would be banned and what wouldn’t be banned for the guys coming down off of it. But again, it’s a matter of them not being very educated on TRT. It’s the thing that made this whole thing impossible anyway. And it’s Chael’s fault too, because Chael should have called the Athletic Commission and said, ‘This is what my doctor told me I need to do to come down off of this stuff, so here is what I’m taking.’ He absolutely should have done that. Because Chael had conversations with his doctors and he’s looking at this thing like, ‘I shouldn’t be in a situation where I have to choose between either my job and the sport and my health, my life outside of fighting.’ And he’s right about that.”

White on if the UFC has been doing enough to deal with drugs in the sports: “For us, we’ve been the guys who have taken the drug testing head on. We’ve worked with the athletic commissions to take out-of-competition testing. We are paying big money for some of these guys to be tested. Jon Jones wanted Glover [Teixeira] and him to be tested all the through the lead up to their last fight and we paid for that, too. There’s nobody out there that’s doing more for testing than we are. And this whole thing that was blown out of proportion by the story that ESPN did where they said, ‘These [testosterone] exemptions were rampant throughout mixed martial arts,’ there were only five guys out of 500 that had testosterone exemptions.”

Klassikl
11-06-2014, 14:29
Het is logish dat hij in een nakuur zit. Echter, hoe zijn hier geen afspraken over gemaakt? Hij wist toch dat hij dit moest gaan gebruiken? Hij krijgt dit toch op dokters recept. Dus er is niks shady en geheims aan? De athletic comissie heeft ook doktoren die snappen hoe een kuur werkt.

Dit zijn toch professionals? Al deze vragen die open staan. Ik krijg gewoon het idee dat hij net als belfort langerer is door blijven kuren. En pas erg laat van de test is afgestapt. En dat hij daarom geen afapraken heeft gemaakt. Want het is (nog) niet erg gewoon binnen mma om out of competition getest te worden.

Dat hij in zijn nakuur zit en dat hij dus waarschijnlijk van de test af is, dat snappen we. Maar dat bewijst niet dat hij het alsnog 'eerlijk' doet.

Het is voor mij ook geen toeval dat de atleten waar al lang en vaak geruchten en verhalen over de rondte doen dat ze gebruiken ook bijna allemaal gepakt worden.

Willm
11-06-2014, 14:33
Is er ook iemand die niet gebruikt? Lekker naïef allemaal.

YoMarK
11-06-2014, 14:40
Ik kan een heel eind meegaan met Sonnen. Lijkt erop dat hij hier toch een beetje genaaid wordt door de media en de NSAC.

Hij is natuurlijk al vaker gepakt, maar deze keer is het best te verklaren.

Willem033
11-06-2014, 15:47
Ook hier lopen de haters weer te haten zonder dat ze weten hoe het precies in elkaar zit.
Respect for the American Gangster.

new_world_order
11-06-2014, 19:05

Chael Sonnen:
- Een leugenaar
- Een een crimineel
- Een cheater

http://i.imgur.com/PUDYbg7.png

Ronald
11-06-2014, 19:35
Klinkt best wel aannemelijk wat Sonnen vertelt, maar ik zou ook nog graag de mening van een arts horen hierover. Nu moeten we het doen met wat Sonnen er over vertelt. Dat is nou niet de meest objectieve bron die je bedenken kunt. Maar artsen gaan binnenkort vast wel in beeld komen en hun zegje doen ga ik vanuit.

e-type
11-06-2014, 19:55
Ook hier lopen de haters weer te haten zonder dat ze weten hoe het precies in elkaar zit.

x2
Hopen dat dit nog rechtgezet kan worden. Zo zonde dit. Anders vrees ik voor einde tijdperk Chael.

Klassikl
11-06-2014, 20:49

Gelukkig weet jij precies hoe het zit. Stop toch eens met je kinderachtige gezeur man. Iedereen met een andere mening is maar een hater. Leg het ons dan ff precies uit hoe het zit? En waarom Chael hier in godsnaam respect voor moet krijgen? Gezien zijn verleden heeft hij voor mij dik de schijn tegen. Volkomen normaal om op dit moment toch enigszins aan zijn verhaal te twijfelen totdat er complete opheldering is.

Logisch gevolg van zijn kuur of niet. Feit is, hij is gepakt, weerleg dat maar eens hater.

e-type
11-06-2014, 21:02
Gelukkig weet jij precies hoe het zit. Stop toch eens met je kinderachtige gezeur man. Iedereen met een andere mening is maar een hater. Leg het ons dan ff precies uit hoe het zit? En waarom Chael hier in godsnaam respect voor moet krijgen? Gezien zijn verleden heeft hij voor mij dik de schijn tegen. Volkomen normaal om op dit moment toch enigszins aan zijn verhaal te twijfelen totdat er complete opheldering is.

Logisch gevolg van zijn kuur of niet. Feit is, hij is gepakt, weerleg dat maar eens hater.

Als ik het goed lees is ie niet gepakt op gebruik van PEDs maar bijproduct van zn kuur. Ik heb jet idee dat dit voor de instantie in eenzelfde categorie ligt als bijvoorbeeld Cannabis. Verboden substance maar geen PED.
Blijft natuurlijk een verboden stofje...

Guytje
11-06-2014, 21:41
Als ik het goed lees is ie niet gepakt op gebruik van PEDs maar bijproduct van zn kuur. Ik heb jet idee dat dit voor de instantie in eenzelfde categorie ligt als bijvoorbeeld Cannabis. Verboden substance maar geen PED.

en op dat niveau weten ze toch donders goed wat wel en niet in dat lichaam mag en past!!

Pahlavan
11-06-2014, 21:59
Heel simpel, je hebt een lijst met middelen die je niet mag gebruiken... Dat kan iedere vechter (of andere prof. sporter) gewoon navragen.
Besluit je een van die verboden middelen toch te gebruiken en je wordt gepakt, nou dan ben je gewoon de lul. Ongeacht of je het daar wel of niet mee eens bent. Je weet van te voren wat wel en niet mag.

maarja, Chael zou Chael niet zijn als die geen lulverhaal zou vertellen. We hebben het hier over dezelfde idioot die betrapt werd op een t/e ratio van 16:1....

Klassikl
11-06-2014, 23:08

Ik snap waarop hij gepakt is. Spul dat gebruikt wordt zodat zijn lichaam geen vrije test omzet in oestrogeen. Waardoor hij vervelende klachten krijgt. Dat is allemaal logisch genoeg. Echter, hij is gewoon gepakt met verboden middelen in zijn lijf.

Iedere sporter snapt dat je afspraken moet maken wanneer je (op dokters advies, oftewel medisch nodig) aan verboden middelen gaat zitten. Daar kan je dan uitzonderingen voor krijgen. Wanneer je deze afspraken niet maakt. Dan zit je dus gewoon aan de 'doping'. Dat maakt deze hele zaak zo bizar. Hij krijgt te horen dat hij niet maar aan de test tap mag hangen. Dan maak je toch een plan en spreek je dit af met de Commissie? Je gaat toch niet op goed geluk aan je nakuur beginnen, in de hoop dat je maar nooit gecontroleerd wordt. Ik las dat hij zichzelf in een centrum heeft laten kuren en dat er hier niks uitkwam. En hierna out of competition werd getest door de NASC, en faalde.

En veel sporters worden gepakt dmv het detecteren van maskering of bijproducten. Dit omdat dit vaak geen lichaamseigen stoffen zijn en vrij lang te detecteren blijven. Want tegenwoordig dopen ze gewoon heel slim! Micro doseringen, bloedtransfusies, onder bepaalde waarden of ratio's blijven zodat er geen alarm bellen afgaan. Je kan dit niet gewoon afdoen als ach het is maar in zijn nakuur het is geen PED. Deze spullen staan op de lijst voor een reden. Dat wist Sonnen, dat wist zijn dokter, zijn manager, zijn vrouw. En niemand kwam op het idee, joh laten we eens met de NASC bellen?

mario the count
11-06-2014, 23:21
wel jammer, had wel zin in die partij.

Turboknecht
12-06-2014, 00:27
Ben het volledig eens met Klassikl. Als pro regel je toch gewoon je zaken. Je weet toch hoe het werkt.

Naj85
12-06-2014, 03:58
Sonnen announces retirement

Just yesterday it was revealed that Chael Sonnen (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=Chael%20Sonnen) had tested positive for banned substances in Nevada. Today, in light of that situation, Sonnen announced his retirement on tonight's edition of UFC Tonight:
“I want to take an opportunity to officially announcement my retirement from competitive mixed martial arts. I had a great time. I want to thank Roy Pittman. I want to thank Dave Sandal. I want to thank my coach Clayton Hires. These guys taught me how fight, they taught me how to persevere and they stood by me through thick and thin.
“I want to thank FOX, I want to thank the leadership of the UFC. I want to thank a man named Bill Brady, who gave me a second wind if you will. He’s a member of the Nevada State Athletic Commission and he believed in me at a time when I really needed somebody too, and I owe the second wind of my career to him. I am proud to call him a friend. I also want to thank the most important opponent I’ve ever had. I couldn’t have got here without this dance partner, and that is of course you, Anderson Silva. Thank you for the opportunity. Thank you for the memories, thank you for the invitation to the barbeque, even though I didn’t take you up on it. “

Naj85
12-06-2014, 05:50
Vitor Belfort (24-10 MMA, 13-6 UFC) will not compete at UFC 175 next month, company officials tell MMAjunkie.

The middleweight contender was originally slated to appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) on June 17 in an attempt to get a license to compete against Chael Sonnen at the July 5 event inside Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Events Center.

That license was no guarantee, though, due to the fact Belfort recently released the results of a failed random drug test his was administered by the NSAC in February. Those results showed spikes and plummets in testosterone limits, some of which were well outside the commission’s allowable range.

While Belfort’s ability to receive a license was up in the air, he was pulled from the card when news broke Sonnen failed a drug test of his own. The promotion was unable to find a suitable replacement for “The Phenom” for the UFC’s annual July 4th weekend event.

Belfort has also been removed from the upcoming NSAC agenda, as he’s no longer in immediate need of a license to compete in Nevada.

A date, location and potential opponent for Belfort’s next fight is unknown at this time.

For more on the UFC’s upcoming events schedule, including UFC 175, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Vitor Belfort)

Filed under: News, UFC

lopez86
12-06-2014, 08:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04sZmsXFndM#t=10

mario the count
12-06-2014, 09:11
Mousasi had wel tegen belfort aan kunnen treden denk, kwam redelijk zonder kleerscheuren uit de partij in Berlijn. Daarnaast vind hij het niet erg om vaak te vechten.

Wheelie
12-06-2014, 09:26
Die Silva ....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10357236_662397277143587_4732332752993129463_n.jpg

Tony
12-06-2014, 09:48
Sjongejonge wat een gezeur. Ten eerste geloof ik er geen reet van dat Sonnen stopt. En ten tweede is hij gepakt op een verboden stof. Jammer dan.

Als je dan echt om medische redenen enzo moet nakuren, dan bespreek je dit met een arts en met iemand van de athletic commission.

Huilie Sonnen.

Kemal
12-06-2014, 11:10
wat een lul

ArjanV
12-06-2014, 11:23
Ach die gast is nu al bezig met zijn pay check voor zijn "comeback fight"

LightHeavyWeight
12-06-2014, 12:01
Hij kan beter meer gaan juicen en lekker bij de WWE gaan toneelspelen. Past hij precies tussen.

Naj85
12-06-2014, 15:43
Twitter reacts to Chael Sonnen's retirement

Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) has retired from fighting, following a failed surprise drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
“I had a great time,” said Sonnen on FOX Sports 1′s “UFC (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=UFC) Tonight” on Wednesday. Tell the truth, so did we.
And then Twitter reacted.

UFC @ufc
@sonnench announces his retirement on @UFCTonight
UFC Tonight @UFCTonight
Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/), welcome to your retirement

Bigslow ‏@LukeBarnatt
Sad to say goodbye to the man with the greatest charms & the biggest arms in @ufc BUT Congratulations to Mr & Mrs @sonnench #BabyGangster

Vinny Magalhaes @VinnyMMA
earned more $ from UFC than most champs, including current champs. Has a job @ FOX, Retired as a TOP 10. Loser, huh?

MiddleEasy ‏@MiddleEasy
Remember June 11th 2014, the day MMA became utterly boring without Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/).

Benson Henderson ‏@BensonHenderson
•Just heard about @sonnench, loved watching u compete n ur style, the game won't be the same w/o u...God bless to u n ur fam...
•Hey how about this for ur 2nd career @sonnench, ghost-writer for all the @ufc fighters??? Can u imagine?!?!?!

MMA Roasted ‏@MMARoasted
Chael announced that he has retired from MMA. The UFC said his retirement speech was so good it warrants an immediate title shot.

Joe Lauzon @JoeLauzon
It's a sad day. @sonnench retired.

malki kawa ‏@malkikawa
Sad day today for the sport with news of Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) retiring. He showed us all how to sell fights.

Josh Gross @yay_yee
If Sonnen is done in the cage, he sure had a hell of a run. From milquetoast to super star. Quite the ride. Doubt he stops making noise.

Damon Martin ‏@DamonMartin
•About Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/)- I'm disappointed in the way he handled the positive drug test so I'm not shocked by the choice he opted to make today...
•That said - on a personal and professional level, Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) has always been one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met...
•Often imitated, never duplicated, Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) truly is one of a kind.

Dave Doyle ‏@davedoylemma
•On my timeline, for everyone 1 person saying "good riddance" to Chael, there are about 10 saying they're really going to miss him.
•i think that's in large part Chael's personality, but also indication your average MMA fan doesn't care all that much about testing.

Mike Goldberg ‏@MFG16
Thank you @sonnench you are one of the greatest competitors and personalities in UFC history..you did it all your way..not many can say that

Mookie Alexander ‏@mookiealexander
Sonnen has set a standard for self-promotion that only Conor McGregor has the personality and capability to meet.

Renzo_Gracie_BJJ ‏@RenzoGracieBJJ
A real man has his right to choose his life's path. May life bless him I'm a fan

Ryan Loco ‏@RyanLoco
Is Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) the only professional wrestler turned shoot fighter to retire undefeated?

fighters_union ‏@fighters_union
There is no place for #cheaters like @sonnench in MMA! @fighters_union will tackle #doping all the way.

Wanderlei Silva @wandfc
How run? Retired? After say all this shits about me,we need make this fight

Anton Tabuena ‏@antontabuena
He has done a lot in his career, but @sonnench's legacy is yet to be written. He's one of the few who can really succeed even after fighting

Las Vegas Fight Shop ‏@LVFightShop
What do you guys think? Should Chael P join Evolution or The Shield? Maybe The Authority..

Ben Fowlkes ‏@benfowlkesMMA
I never believe any fighter will until he's gone at least two years.

MMA Roasted ‏@MMARoasted
Chael Sonnen (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/31C9569464CDFBDB/Chael-Sonnen/) just announced that he was "Just playing"

Bromios
12-06-2014, 22:16
En weer wordt de ufc een stukje saaier. Echt jammer als het waar is.

lopez86
12-06-2014, 23:09
Mooi die twitter reacties, gelukkig weten de echte vechters hem wel te waarderen ipv het gros keybordwarriors dat hier reageert :)

Pahlavan
12-06-2014, 23:54
Mooi die twitter reacties, gelukkig weten de echte vechters hem wel te waarderen ipv het gros keybordwarriors dat hier reageert :)

En waarvoor moet het gros keyboardwarriors hem nou precies waarderen? Zijn ontzettend aantrekkelijke vechtstijl? Zijn ongekende vechterhart binnen de ring? Zijn 16:1 t/e ratio? Zijn criminele achtergrond? Zijn overdreven WWE praatjes?

Tja, je moet er maar van houden :)

e-type
13-06-2014, 00:10
Echt klote. 'k Vreesde het al na zn positieve test.

Het wordt weer gevaarlijk in The Mean Streets of West Linn, Oregon.

Flabbert
13-06-2014, 00:13
gepakt door een na-kuur, beetje een dubbel gevoel over. erg jammer iig.

Overhand Right
13-06-2014, 03:03
Niet zo naïef doen mensen, hij stopt heus niet.

Turboknecht
13-06-2014, 04:19
En waarvoor moet het gros keyboardwarriors hem nou precies waarderen? Zijn ontzettend aantrekkelijke vechtstijl? Zijn ongekende vechterhart binnen de ring? Zijn 16:1 t/e ratio? Zijn criminele achtergrond? Zijn overdreven WWE praatjes?

Tja, je moet er maar van houden :)

Ik kan weinig inbrengen tegen wat je zegt, maar ik moet zeggen dat hij me als persoon wel wist te raken. Tuurlijk was hij fout, maar zoals hij in TUF was, en zoals hij met woorden om kon gaan vond ik toch erg gaaf.

Guytje
13-06-2014, 17:13
Ik kan weinig inbrengen tegen wat je zegt, maar ik moet zeggen dat hij me als persoon wel wist te raken. Tuurlijk was hij fout, maar zoals hij in TUF was, en zoals hij met woorden om kon gaan vond ik toch erg gaaf.

x2

cornelus
13-06-2014, 18:00
Ik vond het een lieve jongen.. dat hij nu gepakt is met doping doet pijn, hij had nog zo beloofd nooit meer iets in zijn bil te stoppen.

Maar even serieus, shit happens. En hij was toch al een beetje klaar in de UFC eigenlijk?

Naj85
13-06-2014, 20:33
mee eens, ik mocht hem eerst ook helemaal niet met zijn uitlatingen over brazilie en tegenover anderson silva. maar na TUF zag ik ook zijn andere kant. zal wel jammer zijn als hij echt stopt want dat gevecht van hem tegen wanderlei silva had ik graag gezien

S.B.
13-06-2014, 21:03
Die proppen ze gewoon samen met weidman - belfort/mousasi op de nye card hoor...

Naj85
18-06-2014, 04:04
Chael Sonnen temporarily suspended by NSAC pending formal hearing

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/chael-sonnen-ufc-1671.jpg?w=1000

Now-retired UFC fighter Chael Sonnen (http://mmajunkie.com/tag/chael-sonnen) was temporarily suspended pending a formal hearing by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
During an NSAC meeting held today in Las Vegas, Sonnen’s rep appeared via telephone and acknowledged receipt of the commission’s complaint against the fighter, which followed a failed random drug test in advance of his scheduled fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC 175.
Jeff Meyer, who co-manages the three-time title challenger, said Sonnen (28-14-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC) will file a response to the complaint, though he didn’t indicate whether an appeal is in the works. Sonnen also appeared at the commission meeting via teleconference.
Sonnen, who tested positive for a pair of banned substances, said he would stand up against the UFC’s ruling during an interview on FOX’s “America’s Pregame.” The fighter admitted using anastrozole, a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug used to treat breast cancer, and clomiphene, which is used to treat female infertility. He said he used clomiphene and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to wean himself off of doctor-prescribed testosterone after the NSAC banned it earlier this year.
A date for Sonnen’s hearing will be determined at a later date, the NSAC said during the meeting.
Sonnen was scratched from UFC 175 (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/chael-sonnen-fails-random-drug-test-forced-off-ufc-175-card) following word of the positive test. He was scheduled to fight ex-champ Vitor Belfort, who agreed to step in when his originally scheduled opponent, Wanderlei Silva, who failed to submit to a random drug test for the fight, essentially constituting a failed test in the eyes of the commission. At the same NSAC hearing on Tuesday, Silva appeared with his attorney, who said the fighter took banned diuretics (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/wanderlei-silva-admits-to-banned-substance-nsac-to-weigh-evidence-for-complaint) in advance of his fight with Sonnen, and that was why he avoided the drug test.
Belfort was scheduled to appear at today’s NSAC meeting, but was scratched when the UFC called off the bout following Sonnen’s positive test.
For more on UFC 175 (http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-175), stay tuned to the UFC Rumors (http://mmajunkie.com/rumors) section of the site.

Videos:

http://bcove.me/6kbzoyp5 Chael 1 on 1 interview
http://bcove.me/uijd7iqo dana white about retirement
http://bcove.me/496o2m9h fighters about retirement chael

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/chael-sonnen-temporarily-suspended-by-nsac-pending-formal-hearing

Naj85
18-06-2014, 04:07
Wanderlei Silva admits to banned substance, NSAC to weigh evidence for complaint

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/wanderlei-silva-ufc-on-fuel-tv-81.jpg?w=1000

Wanderlei Silva (http://mmajunkie.com/tag/wanderlei-silva) admitted he took diuretics prior to a scheduled fight with Chael Sonnen at UFC 175, opening the door to a possible complaint and suspension from the overseeing Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The fighter took banned substances to help rehabilitate a wrist injury he sustained in a brawl with Sonnen in February (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/chael-sonnen-wanderlei-silva-reportedly-fight-during-tuf-brazil-3-ufc-fixing-the-mess) on the set of “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3,” his lawyer Ross Goodman said today during an NSAC meeting in Las Vegas.
Goodman, who previously represented Nick Diaz in his appeal of a positive test for marijuana at UFC 143, said Silva was concerned about failing a random drug test ordered by the NSAC on May 24 and evaded a sample collector hired by the commission. He apologized on behalf of the former champion and said his action shouldn’t be interpreted as an admission of performance-enhancing use.
In light of the admission, however, the NSAC plans to review Silva’s case and determine whether to lodge a formal complaint against the fighter, who was called before the commission to explain his actions.
NSAC chair Francisco Aguilar recommended the NSAC move forward with a complaint, which could mean a suspension and fines for Silva, who wasn’t licensed at the time of his random test but was subject to random testing.
NSAC commissioners Raymond “Skip” Avansino and Pat Lundvall also signaled the likelihood of administrative action taken against Silva, who last fought in March 2013 and knocked out Brian Stann in Japan.
Silva was scratched from his bout with Sonnen (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/wanderlei-silva-out-vs-chael-sonnen-vitor-belfort-in-at-ufc-175) after the incident on May 24 (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/after-ufc-175-removal-wanderlei-silva-issues-video-statement), which was reported by Sonnen on “UFC Tonight.” Former champ Vitor Belfort was then slated to step in at the July 5 pay-per-view event, which takes place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, pending commission approval. But Sonnen then tested positive earlier this month (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/chael-sonnen-fails-random-drug-test-forced-off-ufc-175-card) for a pair of banned substances, and the fight was called off. Soon after, Sonnen announced his retirement (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/video-chael-sonnen-announces-retirement-on-ufc-tonight).
Silva’s injury on the set of “TUF” was first reported as a back injury (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/white-wanderlei-silva-injured-back-in-sonnen-brawl-had-to-postpone-fight) by UFC President Dana White, who estimated the fighter would have a hard time (http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/dana-white-wanderlei-silva-in-a-very-bad-position-with-the-ufc) getting licensed after his incident with the commission.
White today pointed his Twitter followers to watch the NSAC meeting on UFC Fight Pass, which streamed the proceedings.
The NSAC’s sample collector and executive director testified at the meeting about Silva’s actions on May 24, describing how the fighter didn’t answer the door at his Las Vegas home and then evaded the collector at his nearby gym.
Silva asked to speak with his manager, but consented to the test, according to the collector. He then went out a side door in the gym. Attempts by the commission to reach him through his wife were unsuccessful, the collector and NSAC Executive Director Bob Bennett confirmed. The UFC also was notified of the issue via UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner, Bennett said.
UFC doctors prescribed Silva anti-inflammatory medication following his brawl with Sonnen, according to Goodman, and an X-ray in early May confirmed a fractured wrist. Goodman initially said Silva began taking diuretics to minimize water retention.
“He now realizes he should have submitted to drug tests,” Goodman said.
Silva returned from his native Brazil this past Saturday to find notice of the NSAC’s subpoena, which was issued June 2, according to Goodman.
For more on UFC 175 (http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-175), stay tuned to the UFC Rumors (http://mmajunkie.com/rumors) section of the site.

voor videos check: http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/wanderlei-silva-admits-to-banned-substance-nsac-to-weigh-evidence-for-complaint

blade
18-06-2014, 08:00
Hij kan beter meer gaan juicen en lekker bij de WWE gaan toneelspelen. Past hij precies tussen.

dat zou ik ook doen als ik hem was daar valt meer geld te verdienen:lol:

Bromios
18-06-2014, 12:04
Dan heb je een blessure en de de dokter schrijft wat voor. Dan meld je dat toch even bij de commissie ?
En dan stop je met TRT en je moet je eigen hormoonproductie weer op gang krijgen. Dan meld je dat en neemt in overleg een break met tussentijdse tests totdat je weer ok bent.

Hebben die mensen geen management die dat bijhouden ?

Asura
18-06-2014, 23:26
mee eens, ik mocht hem eerst ook helemaal niet met zijn uitlatingen over brazilie en tegenover anderson silva. maar na TUF zag ik ook zijn andere kant. zal wel jammer zijn als hij echt stopt want dat gevecht van hem tegen wanderlei silva had ik graag gezien

Ben je een Braziliaan?

Kemal
29-06-2014, 08:42
Chael Sonnen reportedly fails second drug test, including presence of HGH

Less than three weeks after failing a random drug test in Nevada that took him out of a UFC 175 bout against Vitor Belfort, and ultimately led to his retirement from MMA, Chael Sonnen has reportedly failed a second test, as well.

MMA Fighting reported Saturday night that a second test, also administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, showed Sonnen had human growth hormone (HGH), recombinant human erythropoietin, anastrozole and human chorionic gonadotropin.

According to the report, Sonnen took the second test on June 5 in his home state of Oregon. At the time, the results of his first test, which took place in late May in Las Vegas, had not been released. The results of that test came out June 10, when it was revealed Sonnen tested positive for anastrozole, a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug used to treat breast cancer, and clomiphene, which is used to treat female infertility.

Sonnen said after the failed test that he was on the drugs as he cycled off his previous therapeutic-use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy, which the NSAC banned earlier this year.

Sonnen issued a statement to MMA Fighting regarding the results of the second test: “Yes, the Commission is aware of other prescribed medications I was taking and I will not challenge their allegations,” Sonnen stated. “I will cooperate with the Commission and look forward to having a dialogue about how fighters who transition off TRT can avoid violating any rules.”

After his first positive test, Sonnen said on the “UFC Tonight” program he hosts on FOX Sports 1 that the medical condition that necessitated his use of TRT in turn forced him to take medications in the transition off TRT to maintain a healthy life outside the octagon.

“Look, they changed the rules, and I’ve got to comply with the rules,” Sonnen said then. “I don’t resist that at all. However, there is a transition period, and I couldn’t have been more open or more transparent, whether it was ‘UFC Tonight,’ whether it was different interviews or different places. Anybody that I could tell that I could talk to about this, I did. And these are the medications that you have to go on to lead a healthy life, and if they’re asking me to choose between health and my sport, that’s not a choice I can make. I’ve got to choose health.”

This past week, the NSAC said it will revisit Sonnen’s failed test later this year for likely disciplinary action. Now that he’s retired, a possible suspension may not affect him. He may be fined, as well.

The California State Athletic Commission suspended Sonnen in 2010 after he failed to properly disclose his TRT treatment. That came after a title fight against then-middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Sonnen said he did not specifically inform the NSAC about his post-testosterone treatment, which he said included the use of clomiphene and human chorionic gonadotropin, a fertility drug that can boost testosterone production and is also a banned substance. (UFC featherweight Dennis Siver was flagged for the drug following UFC 168 and was suspended by the NSAC.)

Sonnen acknowledged after the first failed test that he knew anastrozole and clomiphene are banned substances. Despite that, he believed the clomiphene was out of his system after a self-administered drug test. However, the 37-year-old fighter claimed that because he was using the drugs “out of competition,’ he was not violating the rules.

“I had no opportunity to go before the commission – I had not spoken to them, but I’m saying I had done other interviews,” Sonnen said after the first test. “Anywhere where it had come up. The only opportunity you’re ever given to disclose a medication that you’re in is in competition. When the state of Nevada comes to you, you do have a form that you can fill it out. This was an out-of-competition (test). This was done by a separate lab known as [the United States Anti-Doping Agency]. It’s the finest lab in the world. But these were also strangers. This was not the Nevada State Athletic Commission that came to me, and there was no attempt to have a disclosure form.

“But even if I had disclosed or hadn’t, you have to understand, this is out of competition. An athlete does not have to remain off medication 365 days of the year – not the NCAA, not [with] the [International Olympic Committee], and not even with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. This is [unprecedented].

“As an athlete, if I break my arm and a doctor gives me Vicodin, Vicodin is extremely illegal on fight night. But it’s also extremely appropriate medicine to cure somebody’s pain, and the message that they’re sending here is completely wrong.”

The Company
29-06-2014, 09:00
Sonnen was de man die zei dat Armstrong kanker kreeg omdat hij teveel doping gebruikt zou hebben.

Wordt hij zelf gepakt met 4 verschillende doping in zijn bloed waaronder HGH en EPO. Wat een clown.:loser:

Pahlavan
29-06-2014, 10:12
Dit is toch wel karma op het hoogste niveau.... Heerlijk!

Diz
29-06-2014, 12:40
Oh boy... dit is niet handig...

T15Boxing
29-06-2014, 16:52
Ik kon zijn eerste uitleg nog accepteren maar nu niet meer. hgh en epo. Wat een kneus.

Willem033
29-06-2014, 17:40
Volgens mij zit het overgrote deel aan de verboden middelen.
Enkel een klein gedeelte word gepakt.

e-type
01-07-2014, 10:34
UFC and FOX Sports part ways with Chael Sonnen
juni 30, 2014 11:54 by Shaun Al-Shatti

In light of a second failed drug test, this time for human growth hormone (HGH) and recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO), the UFC and FOX Sports have parted ways with Chael Sonnen.

UFC officials announced the termination of Sonnen's broadcasting agreement late Monday night, issuing the following statement.

"The UFC and FOX Sports organizations announced today the termination of their respective broadcasting services agreements with analyst Chael Sonnen. This decision comes in light of Sonnen failing a second test conducted by the Nevada Athletic Commission for banned substances in June. Sonnen was previously under temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failing an initial test conducted in May."

The announcement marks a surprising and unceremonious end to Sonnen's second tenure in the UFC.

A three-time title contender who nearly stole the middleweight championship away from Anderson Silva at the height of the Brazilian's powers in 2010, Sonnen (28-14-1) developed into one of the company's biggest pay-per-view draws on the strength of his loquacious promos and undeniable marketing savvy, coaching The Ultimate Fighter twice, serving as a lead analyst across several FOX entities, and headlining numerous UFC events, including the promotion's debut on FOX Sports 1.

Sonnen retired in mid-June after failing a random drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on May 24th in advance of his scheduled UFC 175 grudge match against fellow TUF Brazil 3 coach Wanderlei Silva. Sonnen initially tested positive for the banned substances anastrozole and clomiphene, which he attributed as necessary medication in order to help him transition off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

The 37-year-old subsequently failed a second random drug test administered by the NAC on June 5th, testing positive for HGH, EPO, anastrozole, and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).

Sonnen's case is expected to be evaluated at the next NAC meeting, which is scheduled for July 23rd in Las Vegas, NV.

RedDawn
01-07-2014, 11:31
En dan waren er hier nog mensen die Sonnen's gezwam over nakuren slikten. Echt hoe naïef kan je zijn?

Turboknecht
01-07-2014, 13:10
Sonnen zat er wel dik in zeg. En naïef? Hoe kun je nou weten wat die lui wel of niet nemen? Ik voel me niet aan gesproken, maar zelf heb ik echt de ballen verstand van doping. Waarschijnlijk ben ik niet de enige. Je hoort het allemaal maar aan.

ArjanV
01-07-2014, 18:21
En dan waren er hier nog mensen die Sonnen's gezwam over nakuren slikten. Echt hoe naïef kan je zijn?

Dat eerste verhaal over nakuren is gewoon waar...dat hij daarnaast nog vanalles gebruikte staat daar buiten....

e-type
01-07-2014, 19:02

Sonnen heeft nu idd wel de schijn tegen dat ie met voorbedachte rade die bijkuurstoffen niet gemeld heeft. Jammer hoor.

mario the count
01-07-2014, 20:09
Dat eerste verhaal over nakuren is gewoon waar...dat hij daarnaast nog vanalles gebruikte staat daar buiten....

+1.

T15Boxing
01-07-2014, 21:21
UFC and FOX Sports part ways with Chael Sonnen
juni 30, 2014 11:54 by Shaun Al-Shatti

In light of a second failed drug test, this time for human growth hormone (HGH) and recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO), the UFC and FOX Sports have parted ways with Chael Sonnen.

UFC officials announced the termination of Sonnen's broadcasting agreement late Monday night, issuing the following statement.

"The UFC and FOX Sports organizations announced today the termination of their respective broadcasting services agreements with analyst Chael Sonnen. This decision comes in light of Sonnen failing a second test conducted by the Nevada Athletic Commission for banned substances in June. Sonnen was previously under temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failing an initial test conducted in May."

The announcement marks a surprising and unceremonious end to Sonnen's second tenure in the UFC.

A three-time title contender who nearly stole the middleweight championship away from Anderson Silva at the height of the Brazilian's powers in 2010, Sonnen (28-14-1) developed into one of the company's biggest pay-per-view draws on the strength of his loquacious promos and undeniable marketing savvy, coaching The Ultimate Fighter twice, serving as a lead analyst across several FOX entities, and headlining numerous UFC events, including the promotion's debut on FOX Sports 1.

Sonnen retired in mid-June after failing a random drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on May 24th in advance of his scheduled UFC 175 grudge match against fellow TUF Brazil 3 coach Wanderlei Silva. Sonnen initially tested positive for the banned substances anastrozole and clomiphene, which he attributed as necessary medication in order to help him transition off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

The 37-year-old subsequently failed a second random drug test administered by the NAC on June 5th, testing positive for HGH, EPO, anastrozole, and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).

Sonnen's case is expected to be evaluated at the next NAC meeting, which is scheduled for July 23rd in Las Vegas, NV.

Damn. Dus nu zal hij Dana nooit kunnen vervangen.