PDA

View Full Version : Heyman: At 100% health, no fighter could have touched Brock Lesnar

Soulbringer320
15-08-2014, 23:48
http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/UFC/images/2014/08/13/081314-UFC-Brock-Lesnar-TV-Pi.vadapt.955.medium.0.jpg

It's hard to imagine a single fighter with only eight professional fights having the kind of impact that Brock Lesnar did in his short stint with the UFC, but even now -- nearly three years after his retirement -- his name alone still attracts attention.
Lesnar came in like a hurricane and, following a tough loss in his UFC debut, he bounced back to win his next four fights in a row and as unbelievable as it may sound now, also became the UFC heavyweight champion. He defended the belt on two occasions, but despite his massive 6-foot-3 frame and muscles cascading down his body like it was chiseled out of stone, inside Lesnar was falling apart.
Diverticulitis was eroding Lesnar's intestines and it cost him over two years of his UFC career, but it really took even more away from the former champion considering all the times he fought when he wasn't aware the disease was already working against him. Following his first battle with the intestinal ailment, Lesnar fell to current UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, but truth be told that wasn't the same fighter who took out Frank Mir and Randy Couture in the span of eight months.
Actually, even the version of Lesnar that took out those two UFC legends wasn't the best he could have been at the time.

"I think with all due respect to the rest of the division, I think Cain Velasquez is by far the most dominant heavyweight in UFC today," Paul Heyman, Lesnar's longtime friend and on-air WWE advocate, told FOX Sports recently. "As a champion, I think he's a noteworthy champion because I think he's going to clean out the entire division. That being said, Cain Velasquez stepped in the cage with Junior Dos Santos when Cain wasn't at 100 percent and he got knocked out in under 90 seconds. If that's not a demonstration of what happens when you enter the Octagon at less than 100 percent, I don't know what is. Brock Lesnar entered the Octagon against these people, Shane Carwin, even against Randy Couture, against Frank Mir, against Alistair Overeem, against Cain Velasquez at far less than 100 percent.
"Anything you saw him do, he did as an unhealthy man competing at the very top level on the face of the planet. Imagine what he could have done if he was 100-percent healthy."
Heyman has been working with Lesnar for more than a decade and was beside him when he first debuted in the WWE, which is also discussed in the wrestling veteran's new video biography titled "Ladies and Gentlemen, My Name is Paul Heyman (http://shop.wwe.com/Ladies-and-Gentlemen%2C-My-Name-is-Paul-Heyman-Blu-ray/W07804,default,pd.html?dwvar_W07804_color=No%20Col or&start=2&cgid=shop-wwe-products-dvdandmedia-bluray)." Very few people know Lesnar as well as Heyman does, which is why he knows for a fact what the former UFC champion was dealing with during his entire career with the promotion.
The fact is, according to Heyman, Lesnar never stepped foot in the UFC Octagon as a fully healthy athlete. While it was the diagnosis of diverticulitis that ultimately brought his career to an end, the disease was eating away at him long before his body collapsed under the weight of it all years later.
If Lesnar had been healthy for his entire UFC career, he might still be standing as the heavyweight champion and potentially the greatest heavyweight to ever walk the Earth.
"If Brock Lesnar ever fought healthy in the UFC, I don't see any fighter that could have touched him," Heyman said.

Westpaw
16-08-2014, 02:03
Als m'n tante een snor had...

S.B.
16-08-2014, 02:11
Klopt wel. Lesnar was sneller dan wie dan ook hw champ. Of het niveau nou lager was of niet. Champ is champ.

hankmoody
16-08-2014, 03:18
Praatjes vullen geen gaatjes.

S.B.
16-08-2014, 05:39
Gewoon Carwin en Mir in hun prime een pak slaag gegeven. Lesnar is een pannenkoek en stelt niks voor in vergelijking met de HW division van nu, maar eerlijk is eerlijk. Hij was de champ.