PDA

View Full Version : INTERVIEW ISMAEL LAZAAR

Fighterone
29-08-2014, 12:28
INTERVIEW ISMAEL LAZAAR
Despite your winning streak and really nice KO's you are still not a very big name in the kickboxing scene, or a name that's wellknown by the mainstream fans. So before we start this interview, please introduce yourself. How long do you fight, why you start kickboxing and where did you start. Please share the world who is ISMAEL LAZAAR?!
Well, my name is Ismael Lazaar, and I start training at ATF Militia in Tilburg. My trainer was Hyram Rodiguez, besides a trainer also a good and great friend of mine. I was 15 or 16 years old when I start training and fought my first fight when I was 19 years old. When I fight in the A class (the highest league in kickboxing) I changed Gym and went to Budokai Tilburg and became a student of Frans Pasztjerik. However, Hyram Rodriguez never left my team and is still my cornerman when I step into the ring.

You started kickboxing at 15 years old. Who was your favorite fighter? You where fan of which big name?
Ofcourse Peter Aerts and Ernesto Hoost, two legendary fighters (who's name still be pronounced with big, big, big respect all over the world)! They ment a lot for this scene and did a great job.

What is your goal? Where do we see Ismael Lazaar in a year or 2. What do you want to achieve?
To be the number one in the world! I have a world title now but I want to be the best and defeat the rest. I don't care who they put in front of me, I want to be the number 1.

Lots of colleagues are doing besides kickboxing also a side step to boxing or MMA. Do you have any plans to fight in other disciplines than kickboxing?
For now I am focussing on kickboxing. You never know what the future will bring us but now first kickboxing. And maybe later, in a couple of years, MMA. But that's something for the future to think about.

You have a lot of fights and KO victories on your resumé. Which one was the nicest? And wich victory was for you the most beautiful?
My win against Rick van Soest. It was a hard fight where I had to give really everything. It was a real brawl and I love that. For me that was the most beautiful victory.

You are training for a while now with Siam Gym in Valkenswaard, gym of Mikki Benazzouz. Lots of great fighters train(ed) there, for example Nieky Holzken, Chris Ngimbi, Fikri Ameziane, Robbie Hageman and Peter Aerts started his career there. How did you end up training there? Why did you choose for Siam Gym?
My former trainer Frans Pasztjerik from Budokai was retiring, he became 70 years old and stopped teaching. He advised me to go to Mikki. Frans and Mikki know each other for a long time and are good friends and he thougth that Mikki was the best solution for me to continue training. I went there every wednesday to spar and train with the boys for 2 years and we had a lot of fun and there was this mutual respect so I really liked it there. And we learned from each other, I make them better, and they make me better and keep me sharp. So that's why I went to Siam Gym.

Just like I already mentioned in the first question, you defeated a lot of fighters and are even the current WORLD CHAMPION at ENFUSION LIVE. You won KO and Fighter of the Night awards but still not very familiar by the mainstream audience. It's always the same names as Spong, Aerts, Hari, Ghita, Manhoef or Saki. You have an explanation for that?
I think it's because I never fought against one of these guys. I never fought at K-1 or GLORY and these organisations where the last 3 year the big players. However, Enufsion and GFC are doing great jobs now so maybe they can fill in the spot that the other organisations left behind. We shall see. But I am sure that the world of kickboxing is going to hear more from Ismael Lazaar, in a good kind of way!! With lots of great victories and stunning KO's!!

GLOBAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP has big plans for the future. They have big names on their event, nice venues and the prizemoney is very high. Very lucrative for upcoming fighters and fighters all over the world. Does this mean that we are going to see you more at the GFC events or is this just ones? With your style of fighting and fightersheart I think people love to see you fight!
First of all I must fight this tournament, then we see. I really don't have a clue or idea how my future will be like. It depends of this tournament and my rank at this tournament.

Your first fight will be the 4 man tournament at GLOBAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP in Dubai at October 16th. Are you an experienced tournament fighter and do you change your schedule for training for a tournament instead of training for a single fight.
I don't ever compete in a tournament before. This will be my first. You have to fight 2 times in an evening now to win the belt and prizemoney. I do not change my schedule, I train for a tournament just like for a single fight. First you have to win the first fight and not underestemate your opponent by looking to the finals. Every fight is a single final. It's my first tournament and I do my best!

ISMAEL LAZAAR is fighting on October 16th a 4-man tournament at GLOBAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP. The winner walks away with a prizemoney of 1.000.000,00 Dirhams. The event will take place at the DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS STADIUM in Dubai. Mainevent is between Badr Hari and Patrice Quarteron

Bron: Fight Globe