PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn Breaks His Silence On Mike Dolce – Exclusive

Soulbringer320
13-09-2014, 01:03
http://www.bjpenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BJ-Penn-WINS.png

Earlier this week, Mike Dolce appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast and revealed several details about his time in the camp of BJ Penn, ahead of Penn’s third five-round fight against Frankie Edgar.
In order to get some clarity on some issues, we contacted our namesake, Mr. BJ Penn, to get his thoughts on some of the items that were brought up.
Here’s the transcript of that discussion:
BJPENN.COM: Mike Dolce threw out a lot of accusations in his recent interview with Joe Rogan. Can we go over some of his more prominent points?
BJ Penn: “I’m an open book for BJPENN.COM”
BJPENN.COM: One of the first things he said was that he had no influence in your last training camp. Is that true?
BJ Penn: “He said he had no influence in my camp, but he brought in sparring partners, did my food and diet, and had me do his treadmill, plyometrics, and core routines. I don’t know what he’s talking about.”
BJPENN.COM: What was Dolce’s fee for all this?
BJ Penn: “I hadn’t been to 145 (pounds) in 18 years and that cut was intimidating. I wanted to get it right, so we brought in Mike Dolce, and paid him $22,000.00 for 21 days of service. That’s $1000.00 per day plus a $1000.00 tip.”
BJPENN.COM: Dolce said he filled your place with food, pasta, free range beef, all these things including tons of sea salt. In his words, “enough food to feed a family of six”. True?
BJ Penn: “There was no food in the apartment, and he never told me what to eat.
That’s the first thing I thought after the fight, was that I should have just filled this place with food and not listened to Dolce. But when you pay someone that kind of money, you entrust them to do their job and take that off your hands.”
BJPENN.COM: Mike said in his interview that your training wasn’t right. That you trained just once per day but not everyday, is that right?
BJ Penn: “We trained 5-6 days a week. Cardio in the morning, I ran anywhere from 4 to 8 miles a day, and sparring/grappling and MMA training in the evening. I sparred 5 rounds at any moment. I passed all his treadmill intervals with flying colors, and I listened to him on every step of the diet that he gave me.”
BJPENN.COM: He said that there were no quality sparring partners and that he brought in your two best guys last-minute.
BJ Penn: “We had Dominick Cruz, Lowen Tynanes, Russell Doane, and the guys Dolce brought in, Nik Lentz and Mirsad Bektic.”
BJPENN.COM: In the interview, Dolce made it sound like nothing was getting done and Nik Lentz, left early as a result?
BJ Penn: “He brought Nick Lentz in for 5 rounds, but he couldn’t continue after the 4th and left the cage bloodied. Dolce even walked up to me after and said he ‘knew I was going to win the fight because I just broke Nik Lentz’.
I don’t know why he’s saying my camp wasn’t good. Everyone I sparred with knows that I was well prepared, including the two sparring partners that he brought in “
BJPENN.COM: What happened from the scale to the ring?
BJ Penn: “I turned down the I.V., so Dolce made an attempt to rehydrate me in a different way that he does.
I woke up the next day (fight day ) at 150 (pounds) and I ate this much food for the 13 hours before the fight that day. (Shows Page from Dolce’s diet log)
Dolce didn’t come to check on me, or monitor my weight, and I couldn’t get in touch with him. I don’t feel there was any real attempt to get back to my sparring weight after weighing in.
From all my years of experience in the UFC, every second counts from the scale to the cage, and Mike Dolce didn’t share the same mentality as I did.
Dolce made every meal I ate the whole time I was there [in Vegas], and now after the fact, he says I should have went and ate my own food if I was hungry.
“After the fight I asked him why he fed me so little on fight day.
And all he said was, ‘Why didn’t you go eat if you were hungry?”
I replied, ‘I was waiting for the $20,0000 dollar man to tell me what to do.’, then he said, ‘Take your $20,000.00 back then.”
I figured that paying this guy $1,000 a day, I could just focus on the fight and Dolce would focus on the food and weight cut. But I guess that was my job to focus on the food, and my weight, and the money was charity for the Dolce Diet.”

ChingChong
13-09-2014, 02:15
Zo boos

SpelPlan
16-09-2014, 04:54
Er zijn natuurlijk 2 kanten aan dit verhaal. Maar als je iemand 21k betaald om je in 20 dagen naar een bepaald gewicht te brengen en diegene is de expert mag je wel verwachten dat je 20 dagen lang precies afgewogen krijgt wat je moet eten op het moment dat je het moet eten.

Overigens los daar van zat ik alweer te balen dat BJ weer de octagon in ging om zich af te laten tuigen en nog meer van z'n legacy af te breken.

e-type
16-09-2014, 07:34
"There was no food in the apartment, and he never told me what to eat."

En

"and I listened to him on every step of the diet that he gave me.”

Beetje tegenstrijdig verhaal. Lijkt me dat er gewoon wat oud zeer tussen die twee is.