PDA

View Full Version : Browne explains decision to leave Team Jackson-Winklejohn

Soulbringer320
14-10-2014, 18:00
Travis Browne (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/53F670291CD505F4/Travis-Browne/) is one of the heavyweight division's rising stars, but recently made a bold move to leave the famous Jackson-Winklejohn. He explains to MMAJunkie:

“It’s one of those things where this is what I need as an athlete right now,” Browne told MMAjunkie. “(I’ve got) nothing bad at all to say about the Jackson-Winkeljohn camp. Coach (Greg) Jackson, coach (Mike) Winkeljohn really understand that about this sport. If you look them in the eye and say, ‘Coach, this is what I’m feeling,’ they can’t deny you because you’re the athlete who goes in there. But coach Edmond has been amazing.”
Fighters change training camps all the time. But for a top contender like Browne, who was essentially built from the ground up at the New Mexico-based gym, to leave the camp raised some eyebrows.
“Some people have criticized me moving because I lose the training partners and coaching there,” Browne said. “I’m a pretty level-headed guy, and I understand what I’m getting myself into. Jackson’s MMA is one of the best camps in the world, so it says a lot about me to move this camp and work with coach Edmond. I’ve always been able to go in there and just mess somebody up, but I’m really learning the art of fighting.
“With coach Jackson and coach Wink, they really explored my athletic side. With coach Edmond, we’re really exploring the technical side of my game and learning the differences and more structure. I wouldn’t say it’s better or worse; it’s just another avenue to reach my goal.”

LightHeavyWeight
14-10-2014, 19:39
Dat is wel verrassend, ik hoop dat het hem wat gaat opleveren. Hij is mijn favoriete heavyweight, misschien wel favoriete vechter overall mede door zijn uitstraling.

VivaLaStef
14-10-2014, 21:19
Het is de schuld van overeem!

kooivechter
16-10-2014, 01:43
Goede vechter Brown. Top 3 in mijn ogen. Ja heb hem hoger dan Werdum. Zou Brown in top conditie graag tegen Dos Santos willen zien.

Turboknecht
16-10-2014, 01:45
Dan gaat hij zwaar ko.

S.B.
16-10-2014, 09:22
Hoe kan je hem nou hoger hebben dan Werdum? Het is niet dat hij ook maar een kleine kans had tegen hem. Werdum domineerde Brown op zijn eigen specialiteit.

kooivechter
17-10-2014, 00:48
Brown was te snel gassed. Gelijk al. En Werdum kon ondanks dat hem er niet uit stompen. Brown gaat nog wel voor de titel shot

LightHeavyWeight
17-10-2014, 08:46
Moet wel door die rib gekomen zijn want hij was in de 1e ronde al op terwijl hij juist heeft aangetoond best een lange adem te hebben en terug te kunnen komen van de godsgruwelijke knieën van Overeem .
Ik weet niet of hij dan gewonnen had van Werdum maar ik vind die Brown gewoon een gruwelijke vechter en een keiharde persoonlijkheid.

''Once I stopped with the excuses, my life has changed. There's no reason for me to lose anymore''.

Turboknecht
17-10-2014, 10:24
Haha, ik weet nog wel toen Bigfoot hem KO sloeg. Toen was het: ''I Didn't Want Big Foot To Make A Name Off Me And He Did''. Terwijl Bigfoot eerder al van Fedor gewonnen had. Ik vind Browne vrij arrogant en iedere keer dat ie verliest is er weer wat.

LightHeavyWeight
17-10-2014, 13:14
Haha, ik weet nog wel toen Bigfoot hem KO sloeg. Toen was het: ''I Didn't Want Big Foot To Make A Name Off Me And He Did''. Terwijl Bigfoot eerder al van Fedor gewonnen had. Ik vind Browne vrij arrogant en iedere keer dat ie verliest is er weer wat.

Onderbouw eens als je wilt?