PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva & Shogun Rua to coach TUF Brazil 4

Naj85
30-10-2014, 02:07
Oct 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Yesterday the UFC announced that the Ultimate Fighter Brazil Season 4 would be taped in Las Vegas, and today announced the coaches for the season:
Sao Paulo – Two of the greatest Brazilian fighters of all time will lead the search for the next generation of Brazilian mixed martial artists, as the UFC® and Globo announce that Anderson Silva and “Shogun” Rua will coach the fourth season of The Ultimate Fighter® Brazil.
The legendary icon Silva (33-6 in professional MMA, fighting out of Curitiba, Brazil), the longest-reigning and most successful UFC champion of all time, will coach the UFC’s flagship reality competition series for the first time. He will coach against a team lead by “Shogun” Rua (22-9, also fighting out of Curitiba, Brazil), the highly decorated striker and UFC light heavyweight champion. In this season’s format, the two coaches will not fight each other at the conclusion of the series.
Nearly 600 lightweight and bantamweight hopefuls attended TUF® Brazil 4 try-outs, which took place on October 27 in Rio de Janeiro.
UFC President Dana White said: “A lot of people were worried we’d never see Anderson Silva back in the UFC. But, not only is he back in the Octagon on January 31 at UFC 183, he’s coaching TUF for the very first time. Anderson Silva is as committed to the UFC and the sport of mixed martial arts than he’s ever been, and I cannot wait to see one of the greatest of all time pass his knowledge on to a new generation of Brazilian fighters.
“And if there’s any Brazilian fighter who can go up against Anderson as a coach, it’s Shogun. Shogun Rua has done everything in the sport and if he trains his team to fight in the same attacking style he’s always used, Anderson’s team is in for one hell of a season.”

©2014 Mixed Martial Arts llc.
Developed in partnership with Adept Mobile

S.B.
30-10-2014, 10:12
Wel cool, jammer dat ze niet tegen elkaar vechten.

Naj85
07-11-2014, 14:59
Last month the UFC announced that Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) and Mauricio 'Shogun (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=Shogun)' Rua would coach the next season of the Ultimate Fighter Brazil, which is set to be filmed this spring in Las Vegas. Not always, but more often than not, the opposing coaches have been scheduled to fight each other at the end of the season.
Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) fights at middleweight and Shogun at light heavyweight, but that doesn't mean Rua is opposed to the idea of the two squared off after TUF:

"I won’t ask for this fight, I started training with Anderson," Rua told the media in Brazil. "The UFC offered me the TUF gig without the fight in the end, and I didn’t consider fighting him. (But) if the UFC wants, I would do it. I’m a professional."
Rua was rumored to be one of the TUF: Brazil 4 coaches in opposite to former rival Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, but Silva got the call instead of "Minotouro."
"I think that, with Anderson, TUF will get more attention from the fans because he’s a great idol in Brazil," Rua said. "Who knows, maybe I fight ‘Minotouro’ at the TUF Finale card."