PDA

View Full Version : Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator

Jantje
01-02-2016, 21:59
His manager said Benson Henderson (http://mmajunkie.com/tag/benson-henderson) would be signing a new deal soon (http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/manager-benson-henderson-soon-to-sign-ufc-wants-lawler-woodley-next). Today, the former UFC lightweight champion went ahead and broke the news: He’s signed with Bellator.
Henderson (23-5 MMA, 11-3 UFC) today announced the news on his official website.
Terms of the deal, as well as a debut date and opponent, weren’t disclosed.
Despite leaving his longtime home, Henderson, who also previously held a title with the UFC-owned WEC, made special mention of UFC executives Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White “for the opportunities they presented me.” He also mentioned several of the UFC’s behind-the-scenes folks.
Here’s his post (via smoothbensonhenderson.com (http://www.smoothbensonhenderson.com/blog/the-move)):
I’d like to officially announce my move over to Bellator MMA.
I’m beyond excited for this next phase of my career, it’s a big move, like any move when switching employers or jobs after having worked somewhere for such a long time.
I have to thank the BigMan upstairs for putting some amazing people in my life, my wife (first and foremost) and a lot of truly smart and insightful people behind the scenes who helped make the connections and negotiated this deal to bring it to fruition.
I’d be remiss to not thank Dana White and Lorenzo Fertita for the opportunities they presented me, you guys have helped me change my life for the better and to be able to provide my family with the things I didn’t have while growing up. For that I’ll always have the utmost appreciation. Thanks for all the advise you guys gave too, both business wise and personal.
And last but not least, to who it is I think of when I think of the UFC! Everybody behind the scenes who I personally dealt with every time I reported in or had to do something. Mayra, Melissa, Dave, Chris, Nick, Tracy, Joanie, Maura, Tony, Heidi, Ryan, James, Dave, Kaia (sp.???), Burt, Rob, Rudy, Stitch, House, Mike, Susie, Dean, Donna, Feryal, Sean, Joe, Brad, Jazzmine, Candice, Michelle, Reed, sorry I can’t name everyone or this list would go on for forever. There’s a whole ton of people behind the scenes who make that show what it is. You guys and girls are the ones who make that show great and allow us fighters to do what it is we love!!! Much love to you all and thanks for putting up with me for so long.
To my fans, thanks for all the love and support, I’ll keep giving you my all, opening up my heart and soul inside that cage. I’m excited for this next chapter and building new relationships with guys I’ve heard nothing but great things about like Scott Coker, Rich Chou and Mike Kogan.
Henderson most recently fought in November, when he defeated Jorge Masvidal in UFC Fight Night 79’s headliner. Afterward, he said he hoped to finish his career in the UFC (http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/benson-henderson-wants-to-retire-in-ufc-but-wants-to-test-free-agent-market), where his title reign lasted from 2012-2013 and included three title defenses, but felt compelled to test the free-agent waters.
Bellator officials apparently made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Henderson enters Bellator with a two-fight winning streak. Both of the wins came at welterweight after a long run at lightweight.

Interessant !!

Soulbringer320
01-02-2016, 22:17
Jammer, vond het wel een goeie vechter...

pronk
01-02-2016, 22:31
Jesus zijn schuld.

Willem033
02-02-2016, 00:14
Ik vind dit niet jammer.
Denk dat door de reebok deal er nog wel meer gaan volgen.

Briant
02-02-2016, 00:23
Het is wel goed als het talent zich wat verspreid. Trekt het niveau van de sport omhoog.

Kemal
02-02-2016, 08:39
Ik denk dat er nog wel een paar volgen idd

mario the count
02-02-2016, 09:30
Misschien Overeem ook nog wel.

Klassikl
02-02-2016, 11:46
Brooks vs Henderson, dat gaat een grote partij worden. Eerst Thomson.

De lightweight divisie in bellator is echt sterk.

LightHeavyWeight
02-02-2016, 12:25
Misschien Overeem ook nog wel.

Vooralsnog heb je daar als Overeem niks te zoeken. Minakov heeft de belt in 2014 verovert tegen notabene Kongo. Verder was nog niet zo lang geleden Kimbo tegen Shamrock het main event. Shamrock staat overigens over 2 weekjes tegen Royce Gracie die ook al 9 jaar niet meer in de kooi heeft gestaan. En iedereen rept over de gekochte wedstrijd maar ik heb het nog eens bekeken en zie gewoon dat Shamrock als een 50 plusser in elkaar zakt. De zalen van Bellator zijn ook veel kleiner dus relatief weinig publiek.

Nee with all due respect maar daar heeft Overeem helemaal niks te zoeken.

mario the count
02-02-2016, 12:28
Vooralsnog heb je daar als Overeem niks te zoeken. Minakov heeft de belt in 2014 verovert tegen notabene Kongo. Verder was nog niet zo lang geleden Kimbo tegen Shamrock het main event. Shamrock staat overigens over 2 weekjes tegen Royce Gracie die ook al 9 jaar niet meer in de kooi heeft gestaan. En iedereen rept over de gekochte wedstrijd maar ik heb het nog eens bekeken en zie gewoon dat Shamrock als een 50 plusser in elkaar zakt. De zalen van Bellator zijn ook veel kleiner dus relatief weinig publiek.

Nee with all due respect maar daar heeft Overeem helemaal niks te zoeken. Je hebt alleen het belangrijkste niet benoemd, geld!

YoMarK
02-02-2016, 12:29
Mee eens. Zit genoeg talent in de lagere gewichtsklassen(met name WW en LW), maar HW is 3x niks.

The Company
02-02-2016, 15:23
Overeem zou tegen Fedor kunnen vechten. Al heb ik liever dat hij voor de UFC titel vecht dit jaar.

e-type
02-02-2016, 15:27
Jammer, vond het wel een goeie vechter...

x2.

Dana is ook weer lekker subtiel:
"He's a former world champion who's ranked No. 15 now. We're looking for top-5 guys, guys that are going from 15 to 1, not the other way around."

BIG Lebowski
03-02-2016, 15:12
"He's a former world champion who's ranked No. 15 now. We're looking for top-5 guys, guys that are going from 15 to 1, not the other way around."

'The words you use, are the house you live in'. Geldt zeker voor Dana White.

LightHeavyWeight
03-02-2016, 16:14
Dana White is zo arrogant dat hij niet schroomt om enorm denigrerend te doen tegen de mensen die mede zijn bedrijf zo groot gemaakt hebben.
Als businessman heeft hij een hoop bereikt, als mens niet.

Bromios
03-02-2016, 17:05
Als Bellator slim is richten ze zich op een stuk of 3 gewichtsklasses en halen daarin de besten naar hun toe. Nu is het nogal een allegaartje.

Die Henderson weet zelf natuurlijk ook wel dat hij net zo gemakkelijk wordt afgeschoten door UFC en geen goeie partijen meer krijgt. Dat op front verhaal is precies het probleem van de UFC. Je krijgt alleen wat als je vecht en je moet bidden en smeken voor een partij. Dan mogen je persoonlijke sponsors je ook niet meer helpen dus dat maakt het wel lastig allemaal.

Hij blijft desondanks zelf netjes en maakt niemand kapot. Dana is weer de klootzak die hij altijd is.

carlo1
03-02-2016, 18:34
lees net op sherdog dat kharitonov ook bij bellator heeft getekend

makavelli
03-02-2016, 18:40
x2.

hahaha die Dana... Henderson is een ex ufc champ en wec champ, heeft een record van 11-3 in de ufc gaat op 170 vechten en wint daar ook. Hij heeft alleen verloren van 2 andere champs en van ceronne. Het hangt al even in de lucht dat hij bij bellator gaat tekenen en nu staat hij opeens 15e gerankt...;-)

ChingChong
08-02-2016, 12:00
hahaha die Dana... Henderson is een ex ufc champ en wec champ, heeft een record van 11-3 in de ufc gaat op 170 vechten en wint daar ook. Hij heeft alleen verloren van 2 andere champs en van ceronne. Het hangt al even in de lucht dat hij bij bellator gaat tekenen en nu staat hij opeens 15e gerankt...;-)

Op LW stond hij hoog in de ranking, maar op WW moest hij weer omhoog vechter. Hij zat gewoon in een andere ranking...

Boutsen83
08-02-2016, 12:17
Chris Leben heeft ook getekend bij Bellator zag ik