PDA

View Full Version : UFC welterweight Tim Means settles with USADA

Kemal
10-06-2016, 19:07
UFC welterweight Tim Means is the latest fighter to settle with UFC anti-doping partner USADA for a positive drug test stemming from a tainted supplement.

USADA today announced Means accepted a six-month suspension, retroactive to the Feb. 3 date he was provisionally suspended for of a potential anti-doping violation.

That pulled Means (25-7-1 MMA, 8-4 UFC) from a scheduled headliner opposite Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 83, which took place place Feb. 21 at Pittsburgh’s CONSOL Energy Center.

Means, 32, was tested out-of-competition on Jan. 21 and tested positive for osterine, a banned androgen modulator with anabolic properties. It was subsequently discovered the banned substance came from a tainted supplement, which the fighter admitted to using.

Means faced a two-year suspension as a first-time offender, but his punishment was downgraded in light of the tainted supplement. Two months ago, USADA delivered a similar ruling for UFC middleweight Yoel Romero, who failed an out-of-competition test for a growth hormone substitute and subsequently proved his positive test stemmed from a tainted supplement.

Means immediately denied any wrongdoing when the UFC initially announced his potential violation, writing on Twitter, “Never even heard of ostarine! Look at my physic. Do I look like a steroid user! Lol..”

On Monday, Means wrote, “Wish me luck. Hearing has been moved up. #usada #truth.”