PDA

View Full Version : ONE Championship 45 - Andrew Leone vs. Adriano Moraes

Kemal
18-07-2016, 18:51
For the first time, ONE Championship will plant its flat in Macau, and the interim flyweight title will be on the line.

“ONE Championship 45: Heroes of the World” is set for Aug. 13 at Cotai Arena at The Venetian Macao. The card will be available through online pay-per-view and will be the promotion’s first show in China’s Macau region.

In the main event, Andrew Leone (8-3) will try to stay perfect under the ONE Championship banner when he meets Adriano Moraes (15-2) for the promotion’s interim flyweight belt.

“We have some tremendous matchups for fight fans out there, including a thrilling main event between two of the world’s best flyweights in Adriano Moraes and Andrew Leone,” ONE CEO Victor Cui stated.

Leone, from the United States, has won three straight fights, all for ONE Championship, and all by unanimous decision. At ONE Championship 9 in May 2013, he outpointed Geje Eustaquio. After 10 months off, he topped Shinichi Kojima at ONE Championship 14. Then, after nearly two years away, he decisioned Koetsu Okazaki in February at ONE Championship 39.

“It’s my time now,” Leone stated. “I’ve been working very hard on my game, and feel I’m at that point in my career where I’m ready to just take the reins and show everyone who I am. With an amazing team behind me, I have all the tools I need to compete at the highest level.”

Ex-champion Moraes is 5-2 under the ONE banner. He dropped his promotional debut to Yusup Saadulaev in November 2013 by split decision, but then went on a four-fight tear that included three submission wins.

After a split-decision loss to Kairat Akhmetov at ONE Championship 34 that saw him surrender his flyweight title, he submitted Eugene Toquero in March to get back in the win column. Now he’ll try to reclaim the belt he once held.

“Real champions pick themselves up when they are down,” Moraes stated. “I feel renewed as a fighter and ready to reclaim my place at the top of my division. I’m going to get inside the cage against Andrew and show the world that I’m back.”

Also set for ONE Championship 45 is a lightweight bout between Adrian Pang (22-8-2) and Eduard Folayang (15-5); Honorio Banario (9-6) takes on Eddie Ng (7-3) at lightweight; Christian Lee (5-0) meets former featherweight title challenger Martin Nguyen (6-1); and Alexandre Machado (7-2) vs. Alain Ngalani (2-2) is set at heavyweight.

The current ONE Championship 45 lineup includes:

Andrew Leone vs. Adriano Moraes – for interim flyweight title
Eduard Folayang vs. Adrian Pang
Honorio Banario vs. Eddie Ng
Christian Lee vs. Martin Nguyen
Alexandre Machado vs. Alain Ngalani
Ma Jia Wen vs. Jimmy Yabo
Ma Hao Bin vs. Chan Rothana
Kritsada Kongsrichai vs. Joshua Pacio