PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Kees Vergouwen (Team Dekkers)

Highline
09-10-2004, 12:58
What is your age and full record?
Hi I am Kees Vergouwen I'm 19 years of age. I have 16 fights 11 wins 4 loss 1 draw and of the 11 wins I have 2 K.O's

Do you have a nickname?
No I don't have a nickname.

What made you start Muaythai?

I'm living almost next to the gym so one day I went looking at what they are doing over there and that was the first day I met muay thai and I was right away sold. i loved it right away so the next training i tride and never left.

Do you have any other hobbies?
Training is just my hobby I give anything for it.

How does it feel to be trained by a great legend like Ramon Dekker?

It's great to have such a great trainer as Ramon. He can teach me a lot and besides that he is also a great friend.

Can you tell us what a typical class with Ramon consists of?
Ramon gives great leasons typical Ramon Dekker style, with a lot of double combinations and very explosive combinations. It's a very nice way of training and fighting.

Have you ever been trained by anybody else?
Yes I start muay thai with Survivor Gym also here in Breda with Leo Towankota

Do you hold any titles?
No I do not hold any titles.

Who do you think are the best 3 fighters from Holland at the moment?
Of course my trainer Ramon Dekkers and further I think Drago is a great fighter and Vincent Vielvoye. Both are very complete fighters.

Who are your favourite fighters?
My favourite fighters are Ramon Dekkers and Mike Tyson.

You are fighting in the UK later this year against Steve Rutherford of Bad Company Gym. What do you know about your opponent? How do you feel about the fight?
I feel very good about the fight and I train very hard for the fight, so we will see. I don't know anything about my opponent but thats also not necessary.

What has been your hardest fight so far?
Every fight that I have fought was a very hard fight, there was never a fight that was less hard than the other ones.

Is there anyone in particular you would like to fight?
No I would like to fight only the best fighters.

What are your ambitions?
To come as far as possible, and to walk into the foot steps of my trainer Ramon Dekkers.

Is there anything you would like to say in closing?
WATCH ME in the foot steps of Ramon Dekkers

Thomas
09-10-2004, 13:13
in welke klasse vecht deze jongen?

Scarface
09-10-2004, 13:20
kees is b klasser toch?? highline?

Biiyen
09-10-2004, 13:43
ja idd kees is b klasse

Thomas
09-10-2004, 13:45
ok, heb hem nog nooit zien vechten. ben nu wel benieuwd!

Biiyen
09-10-2004, 13:49
Het is een technische vechter, heeft alleen nog een KO punch en kick nodig.

Highline
09-10-2004, 13:57
jep b klasse en tussen de 63 n 67 kg. hij is snel en maakt goede combinaties en blijft aanvallen alleen helaas nog geen ko puch terwjl zij ecth ongelovelijk hard slaat. kwestie van timing?