PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo World Max Press Conference

Highline
12-10-2004, 14:57
bron: http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/top633.htm

TOKYO, October 11, 2004 -- Fighters participating in the K-1 World Max 2004 Champion's Challenge met the media today at a Shin Takanawa Hotel press conference. The nine-bout event, set for October 13 at the Yoyogi Olympic Gymnasium in downtown Tokyo, will feature the world's best in K-1's under 70kg weight class.

K-1 World Max 2004 Champion Buakaw Por Pramuk of Thailand will step in against Japanese kickboxer Kozo Takeda in the first of a pair of main event fights. Said the soft-spoken Buakow: "I want to thank everyone for all the support, it is my pleasure to be here and I will fight in a manner worthy of my title as Champion." Takeda also promised to do his best.

In contrast to that politeness, there was a bit of verbal sparring between the boys meeting in the second of the two headline bouts -- sensational Japanese fighter Genki Sudo, and WBC America Jr Middleweight Champion Michael Larmer of the United States.

Said Larmer, "I flew all the way over to Japan to win. You know, it's said that everything is bigger in Texas, and so I'm going to give Sudo a Texas-sized butt-kicking!" Larmer could be seen continually staring at and mouthing off toward Sudo as the two sat at the fighters' table, at one point he stood up and invited the Japanese fighter to mix it up. But Sudo refused to be intimidated, and only smiled back in Larmer's direction: "Michael Larmer is very strong, but I have practiced my boxing, and I am ready and happy to be fighting him."

Asked about Sudo's razzle dazzle ring antics and unpredictable fighting style, Larmer had this to say: "I've been fighting since I was six and I've seen all the tricks. That running around and monkey jumping, that doesn't worry me, I'm just going to go in and knock him out!"
Replied an unfazed Sudo, "I've heard these American boxers like Mike Tyson talk trash about their opponents before a fight, and then we see the results. So, I'm quite pleased to be dealt with in that way."

In other action on the card:

The explosive Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto of Japan is undefeated in K-1 Max, here he will go up against Mongolian fighter Jadamba Narantungalag, who is still looking for his first win in K-1 ring after dropping decisions this year to two of the sport's toughest, Albert Kraus and Masato.

Australian John Wayne Parr looked good in dispatching Duane Ludwig earlier this year, but lost to Buakaw at the World Max Final. Here he will face the tough Arslan Magomedov of Russia.

Frenchman Samir Berbachi will meet Karate stylist Kazuya Yasuhiro. Said Yasuhiro, "My parents always tell me to take care of myself when the seasons are changing, and I did that as usual this year. Now I am full of energy and so I will show you what I can do." Replied Berbachi, "I came here to represent Jerome LeBanner's Extreme Team here, and I will do that with honor, and give 100% effort to win."

Popular American fighter Duane "Bang Bang" Ludwig will step in against Dutch Muay Thai fighter William Diender, who is making his debut in World Max.
"I have practiced hard," said Ludwig in cautious but correct Japanese (this drew loud, appreciative applause from the assembled). Diender turned the mic over to Peter Aerts for his comments. "He has trained very hard and he is ready," was all the K-1 legend had to say.

Local favorite Takayuki Kohiruimaki will take on 2002 World Max Champion Albert Kraus of the Netherlands in what promises to be an aggressive bout, as both of these elite fighters are coming off losses. Said Kraus, "I have been training hard on my boxing, harder than ever, and I am ready." But Kohiruimaki is also ready: "I know Kraus has strong punches, but I intend to show that I do too!" When asked about a muscle he pulled in a shoot-boxing bout earlier this year, Kraus assured all that he was recovered: " I took some time off and got special massage therapy. I made careful, step-by-step progress back to full training, and there is no effect now from the injury."

Rounding out the card, Marfio Canoletti of Brazil will go up against Japanese fighter Takashi Ohno; while hard-hitting Mike Zambidis of Greece will take on Japanese Muay Thai fighter Kojiro in the event's first bout.

The K-1 World Max 2004 Champion's Challenge kicks off at 18h00 on Wednesday October 13 and will be same-day broadcast in Japan on the TBS Television network. Check the K-1 Official Website for complete coverage soon after the final bell.

Highline
12-10-2004, 14:59
http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/images/041011/photo01b.jpg

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/images/041011/photo02b.jpg
Takeda and Buakaw

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/images/041011/photo03b.jpg
Larmer and Sudo

Wheelie
12-10-2004, 15:48
cool

Fr3ddy
12-10-2004, 19:09
Ik ben echt benieuwd.. Diender is echt een vechter naar mijn hart.

kentaro
12-10-2004, 20:35
Hoop dat Sudo die amerikaan KO'd!!!

Bert Kops
12-10-2004, 23:30
Peter, Rene, Cadu, Jordan...

Nu ben jij aan de beurt voor team Aerts, gewoon winnen gozer!

marster
12-10-2004, 23:36
is er geen foto met Diender en Ludbig :wink:

Bert Kops
12-10-2004, 23:51

Met jij bedoel je Diender, neem ik aan? ;)

Ja man :wink:

marster
12-10-2004, 23:54
moet je zien wat Ludwig doet bij Diender
geleend bij kickbox.nl

marster
12-10-2004, 23:54
http://www.kickbox.nl/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4470

Bert Kops
12-10-2004, 23:55

Met jij bedoel je Diender, neem ik aan? ;)

Ja man :wink:

Oke dan! Dacht ik al!

Wat staan we fotogeniek op de foto of niet dan? ;)

Zeker weten!

Jarno
12-10-2004, 23:58
geleend bij kickbox.nl

Trash talk kan ik nog in komen maar dit is beneden alle pijl :evil:
ik hoop nu echt dat diender hem in R1 KO ramt DEKKERS style 8)

marster
13-10-2004, 00:21
geleend bij kickbox.nl

Trash talk kan ik nog in komen maar dit is beneden alle pijl :evil:
ik hoop nu echt dat diender hem in R1 KO ramt DEKKERS style 8)

Dit is echt een kutstreek ben benieuwd of William het gezien heeft toen hij dat deed en wat hij dacht of wilde gaan doen

Highline
13-10-2004, 00:34
ludwig gaat hopelijk ko!!!