PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei Silva interviewtje

Nicky
20-10-2004, 07:45
Wanderlei Silva is in the final phase of preparation for Pride 28, where he will defend his title against Quinton “Rampage� Jackson. The champion tells us what he intends to do with the American in the ring...

How´s your preparation to face Jackson? 'I'm fine. I finished an intensive session with Master Rudimar, and right now I´ve got a real strong punch , it's like stone. He will have a real bad time. I´m coming to blast him. I will run over him, I will punch him and if he thinks he will beat me he is totally wrong. I will hit his head real hard, I´m coming for all or nothing, to throw him to the floor and throw my punches. It will be a very aggressive fight.

He said in an interview he will bring you to the ground. What do you think about this? He cant throw me to the ground, how will he do that? No one knows (laughs). When he gets a bit closer, he will slacken, since I will hit him least once to the face and that will define the fight. I believe that, like when someone gets into Minotauro´s guard if you do not pay attention he catches you. If he does it with Silva and if Silva´s punch hits him, he will awaken in the checkroom. And if he comes and steps in front of me I will cave his head in with a stomp. I´m going to a war so I´m ready for anything.

Mauricio Shogun will be at the Pride Bushido 5. How´s he going? He´s at 98kg (216lbs), very fast standing, very well on the ground, he´s like a streak! I usually say that MMA has fights and fights, it´s like in soccer, once a while there´s a classic match, the same happens with my fight against Jackson, Minotauro against Fedor was a classic, as soon as the classic match comes out to Shogun, when he faces a renowned fighter, I´m sure he would surprise whoever would be. We´re preparing him to face anyone, from any weight.

Is that true that you have given a phone number for your fans to call you back? Yes it is. I got another cell phone and I started using the old one to talk to my fans. Besides, there´s something real cool happening, which is the people calling me and leaving me messages, that´s pretty nice. I check the phone numbers and there are phone calls from all over the country. I´m not always with the phone but I listen the notes and check out the messages. But as soon as I get the phone on my hand it rings and I answer. So, everybody can talk with Silva, exchange some ideas with him. For those who wants to call me, that´s my number: 55-41-9193-5363.

By the end of the year we might be watching you fighting in the heavyweights? By the end of the year I will go to 106kg (233lbs) and I will fight at 99kg (218lbs), which is the weight that Tyson was at during his prime to knockdown his opponents.

Gulo gulo
20-10-2004, 19:26
Grote plannen van Silva