PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei Silva interview

Nicky
26-10-2004, 06:57
Brazilian magazine 'Tatame' recently interviewd Vanderlei Silva. Here's what Arona had to say (interview by Eduardo Ferreira):

Tatame: You will now face Quinton Jackson for a second time in the PRIDE ring. How is your preparation going?

Vanderlei: I've never had such good sparring as I'm having now. The guys are hitting me a lot and I am bruied all over. My face is almost healed (laughs). I'm feeling super good about winning.

Tatame: What are you expecting this time?

Vanderlei: I expect this to be the last fight against him (laughs). I'm prepared to punch him for all 20 minutes, but I'm going for the knock out.

Tatame: Quinton is now following a religious path and says that he has changed a lot...

Vanderlei: The guy needs to do just that. Staying on the wrong path won't get him anywhere.

Tatame: Ricardo Arona told us during an interview that regardless of who wins on October 31st, that the middleweight belt will be in the wrong hands...

Vanderlei: He's a good athlete. Everybody wants to be the champion, but you've got to fight for it. He's still very young and has a lot to learn. Arona needs to put down the violin and get a hold of his little sack. What he should be worried about is when he's in front of me and I spank him like a child.

Tatame: DSE is thinking of staging another Middleweight Grand Prix for next year. You are the reigning GP champion. Do you have any interest to fight in next year's GP?

Vanderlei: I hope to be invited to fight in the upcoming Middleweight GP. If I am called, I will fight for sure. I look at fighting as my profession, and I take that very seriously. I want to always be fighting.

Tatame: What about a fight against Randy Couture, will it happen or not?

Vanderlei: I don't know, but I would face him anywhere. It could be in the octagon or the ring, but I wan't to fight him. I'm feeling good to fight standing or on the ground, and Couture doesn't know how to do a good guard. In the fight against Belfort, he neutralized Belfort's game and did his job. Vitor lacked movement.

Tatame: Evangelista Cyborg will face Yuki Kondo in Pancrase. You quickly bulldozed Kondo in your last fight. Did you have any advice for Cyborg?

Vanderlei: I don't know much about Kondo. I knew he had done good fights, but I only watched parts of his fight against Ze Mario Sperry. The truth is that he puts on a spectacular show, and so does Cyborg. What I told Cyborg is that he needs to go forward and throw many kicks to Kondo's face until he knocks him out.

Tatame: Send a message out to your fans...

Vanderlei: I'd like my fans to root hard for me so that the belt continues to stay in Brazil. I never do anything without giving my all. I'm going to sweat for this win, and if I have to give blood, then I'll give it.

Gulo gulo
26-10-2004, 10:59
Hij klinkt erg gemotiveerd, hij gaat Rampage weer vernederen