PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock vs Tito big yes of a grote NO NO

The Maniac
03-11-2004, 16:19
SHAMROCK WANTS TITO

There has been a lot of speculation recently about Ken Shamrock and who his next opponent will be. The speculation has gone from Tito Ortiz to Tank Abbott to Royce Gracie. Last night, Shamrock spoke with MMAradio Ken Pishna and made it clear what his thoughts are on his next opponent.

First things first, Shamrock wants to fight Tito Ortiz. “The fight that we want is Tito. That’s the fight that we want to happen next,� said Shamrock. “I don’t know if Dana White will make that fight happen or not.�

He went on to explain that it’s not really all up to him who he gets to fight, “I can’t really tell them who I want to fight, unlike what many people think… I just have to wait and see and put in who I’d like to fight. I really would like to fight Tito Ortiz. That’s the fight I want. That’s the fight that I think makes sense.�

And what about the rumors that have surfaced in regards to Tank Abbott as an opponent at UFC 51 instead of Tito? “For whatever reasons, I think they’re leaning towards Vitor Belfort [for Tito Ortiz]. Tank Abbott is a fight that I guess they [the UFC] were interested in having happen,� speculated Shamrock. “If that’s the only one they’re going to offer me, then I guess that’s the one I have to take. Not that I mind laying glove on Tank. It’s just the fact that I’d rather take a fight that I’ve been wanting. “

Shamrock also talked about the perpetual speculation about another rematch between him and Royce Gracie. “We tried to get that to happen when the UFC was going to put on that show in Japan and then they cancelled that show. I wanted Don Frye. I wanted Royce Gracie. Those fights never surfaced. Don Frye couldn’t do it because he had other obligations. Royce Gracie we never heard back from,� said Shamrock.

The UFC is tentatively planning to attempt the Japanese show again next year in June. Pishna asked Shamrock if they will again be attempting to get Royce for that show, “Well, we can try, but personally I don’t think Royce will take the fight. This isn’t the first time we’ve tried to get this to happen. I just don’t believe he’s going to make that fight happen. I think that he’s perfectly happy fighting in Japan and fighting people that he chooses to fight.�

With one fight left on his UFC contract, Shamrock made his thoughts clear one more time, “We want to get that fight with Tito. That’s the one I want. I think it makes sense for the fans and I think it makes sense for the UFC. And it definitely makes sense for me and him.�

Nickuraba
03-11-2004, 16:22
Ik zit er eigenlijk niet zo op te wachen, k vond het wel komisch dat ken het voor elkaar kreeg om tito ff bijna op zijn knieen te slaan, alleen jammer dat die net als voor wandy niet wegrende

Arjan
03-11-2004, 16:28
BIG NO
Vond het wel leuk dat Ken niet neerging tegen Tito, dat zou ik matig trekken

Thomas
03-11-2004, 16:35
YES! lachen toch. Beter dan die Canadees waar Tito laatst tegen vocht. beetje bad blood erbij.... :thumbs:

Rayman
03-11-2004, 18:10
Dat is waar maar we kennen de uitkomst van dit verhaal al.

redjuh
03-11-2004, 18:33
zouden ze in PRIDE moeten doen!!!

ashihara
03-11-2004, 19:03
ik zou ken graag tegen tank zien vechten.

Wheelie
04-11-2004, 12:33

dan zie ik persoonlijk liever ken vs tito

ik vond die smack talk wel cool op die persconferentie

Wheelie
04-11-2004, 13:21

dan zie ik persoonlijk liever ken vs tito

ik vond die smack talk wel cool op die persconferentie

zie hier

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=B4BED6D866CC35A6A43D3B232F3C17D2

Marco
05-11-2004, 10:23
Shamrock moet lekker thuis voor de buis blijven zittten, die man heeft zijn beste tijd gehad.

Ralph
05-11-2004, 10:41
Dit is toch zijn laatste gevecht op zijn contract? Ik kan me heel goed voorstellen dat ie er hierna mee stopt, want hij begint al aardig op leeftijd te geraken. Van mij mag ie tegen Tito als ie dat wilt. Hij is toch echt een icoon en zou zijn eigen afscheidspartij moeten kunnen mogen kiezen.

phranq
05-11-2004, 18:46
Ik zit er eerlijk gezegd ook niet op te w88, mag van mij op de undercard..

Virus
05-11-2004, 19:47
Tito heeft Ken al eens helemaal afgedroogd...

Zou niet weten waarom Ken weer op zo`n pak slaag zit te wachten...

Ken vs Coleman lijkt me wel vet!

qball
05-11-2004, 20:53
shamrok zou er beter gewoon mee stoppen hij kan gewoon niet meer mee met de jonge nieuwe generatie fighters , ook tito's laatste "prestatie" (ufc 50) vond ik ronduit beschamend dus ik zit er in ieder geval niet op te wachten ...

Nicky
06-11-2004, 09:01
Tito geeft Ken een pak slaag.