PDA

View Full Version : Pride FC in onderhandeling met UFC

Nicky
07-11-2004, 10:55
I think the fighters that fought today understand the style of fighting that we are looking for. PRIDE fighters live for fighting. They need to fight. I think that was what motivated them to give us these great matches.

I'd like to set up a rematch between Josh and Mirko as soon as possible but that will depend on Josh's shoulder and the will of the two fighters. If they are in shape to do it, New Year's Eve would be fine.

DSE is proud to have Silva as our Champion and we want to show our respect for him. Those at the top often lose their motivation but, even now, he stoically continues to become stronger. Because Silva is that kind of guy, he doesn't want to have an easy match on New Year's Eve. He himself said that he wants “to fight a heavyweight,� so it may be a heavyweight that he fights.

I would like to see UFC fighters participate in next year's Middleweight Grand Prix. Last year, Chuck Liddell participated. Next time, I hope that Randy Couture, Vitor Belfort and Tito Ortiz will participate. We plan on beginning negotiations with the UFC from tomorrow.

I believe that Gardner will train under Dan Henderson and be in shape by the day of the fight. I'm sure he has a lot of strength when grappling and there are many dangers for Yoshida if the fight goes to the ground.

I'm not really considering Ogawa for the New Year's Eve show, as he is quite busy with the HUSTLE promotion.

Nobuyuki Sakakibara
DSE President

Maupie
07-11-2004, 11:21
thanks Nicky

ashihara
07-11-2004, 11:23
het begint intresant te worden

micha
07-11-2004, 11:38
ufc pride heavy weight title fight :shock:

Gulo gulo
07-11-2004, 13:02
Nu kunnen echt de besten tegen elkaar aantreden

redjuh
07-11-2004, 13:17
zeker een goeie zaak!

}|^-_-^|{
07-11-2004, 14:42
de ufc-heavyweights hebben niks te zoeken in pride tegen mensen als fedor en nogueira.

Virus
07-11-2004, 15:04
de ufc-heavyweights hebben niks te zoeken in pride tegen mensen als fedor en nogueira.
Zeker wel paul... Ze doen aan de Pride champions onder, maar `t kunnen spannende matches opleveren... :thumbs:

Stel je voor Arlovski vs Fedor of Frank Mir vs Nogueira!

Ik wil die partijen wel zien hoor! :maskills:

}|^-_-^|{
07-11-2004, 15:06
ok, misschien beetje overdreven, maar ik denk dat Mir niet heel veel kans maakt tegen iemand als nogueira of fedor. Arlovski-Fedor lijkt me wel wat

Virus
07-11-2004, 15:11
Klopt... Denk dat Mir `t niet trekt tegen Antonio op lange termijn, maar `t lijkt me een super grondgevecht en op z`n tijd kijk ik daar met net zo veel liefde naar als een Wandy / Jackson staandgevecht!

Hollandpride
07-11-2004, 17:02
Alleen de LHW klasse van UFC kan een beetje op tegen de MW klasse van Pride. Voor de rest van de gewichtsklasses is het verschil veel te groot.