PDA

View Full Version : WanderleiSilva interview!!!!

Jay Hoov
09-11-2004, 16:23
Wandy new interview - Check it out !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interview is a bit long and in portuguese so i'll try to translate most of it:

P- Can u talk a bit about your fight with Jackson.

Wandy- It was a very important victory because I was putting my belt on the line and the opponent was very good. I was fighting under a lot of pressure and many people was talking that this time jackson was going to win. It was a though fight. I started the fight good and gave him a few punches, but than the guy broke my momentum and was able to bring me down. In truth, the only time I was in danger was in the end of 1st round when he gave me a knockdown. In that time he stayed on top, but I was able to recover and I get in his legs, than I re-established my guard and tried to apply a triangle but he passed it and gave some more leather. When the round was over I went to the corner already breathing in order to recover because I didn't know how much longer the fight would last. The second round started in the same flow, we traded and then we went to trhe floor. Suddenly I heard the voice of the woman announcing "3 minutes remaining, which is a lot of time. I took another breath, we stand up and I got him with 2 right punches, than I gave him one knee, more two that didn't get him and the last one got him very hard, I felt the impact of his face in my knee and I realized it was over. After that it was only joy !

P- Whoever saw the fight could see that your ground is getting better and better and u even went for some subs. Can u comment on that.

Wandy- I knew that the fight might go to the ground. I imagined the fight more or less. I trained a lot with the guys in the academy to be on the bottom, so I got used to the position and I was able to perform in the fight.

P- What did u thought when u saw jackson talking in the mobile looking like he was not worried with the fight ?

Wandy - He wanted to destabilize me emotionaly. To make a bit of a mind game, but I was very focused in the fight and decided that nothing would take me away from my objective - the victory.

P- And when the fight ended what did u say to him ? "Finish" ? Like last time ?

Wandy- This time he became a christian so he was more polite. Not much because he was still abusing a bit, but he is learning. He got up and he came to compliment me in a polite manner, so I told him that "this was our job and I will be seeing him next time around". I'm very positive that there will be another fight between me and him. This fight already became a classic, so next year there should be another.

P- What about Arona ? He is again in line to face u after his last victory.

Wandy- Arona will have to make a couple more fights before he faces me. maybe in next year GP. I would have the greatest pleasure of fighting him.

So u will fight the GP again ?

To tell you the truth, I want. It's a big show and I don't want to be watching it on TV. I want to be fighting. If god makes the right way for me I will fight with the greatest of pleasures.

P-U were suposed to fight Cro-Cop in 31st of December, but now he is already scheduled to fight another guy (Hunt). Who will be your opponent ?

Wandy- Damn ! The 3 guys I was thinking are already scheduled. I don't know who is going to be left for me.

P- Will it be Couture ?

Wandy- Man, if this happens than Santa Claus is making "Ho, Ho'Ho" for me (laughs). This would be my christmas present ! It would be a great show. I'm feeling super well and this last fight gave me an edge, because since the fight with Yoshida I hadn't made a long lasting fight, so I was very happy to be tested. My limit, thanks to god, is increasing, I'm able to stand and absorve more shots, my endurance improved and in this rythm I can face anyone.

P-This NYE show will have great fights Mino vs Fedor, Yoshida vs Garner... Wanderley will still the show again ?

Wandy- I always try to present myself good and to give a great show. That's the deal - to give show ! The other day I was watching a BJJ fight and the guy passed the guard, made some points and just layed there waiting to win. I think that winning is not only to get the victory, winning is to make a good show to the public, to shake the audience, to make them go out of their seats. That's what matters, that's winning ! In this last fight, I got the victory so I was happy and all, but what realy matters for me is that I present myself in great shape and gave a great show, getting the victory it's only a detail.

P-What's the secret for being undefeated for 4 years ?

First it's god's blessing and protection. He is blessing me more and more. Like I say to my wife. God is carrying me. My life is great and only good things are happening to me. My Business is doing great, there in Chute Boxe the guys that used to train left us , but the guys that came in are even better, always wanting to train and to give their face to take shots. I see this young guys with 20 or 22 years Shogun, Ninja, Cyborg and everybody and I realize the team it's very important. We are all training very well, so everybody is making good shows. next year Chute Boxe will be on top, conquering a lot of titles.

P- last week u've been on a TV show. Tell us about it.

Wandy- It was great ! It's very nice to promote our sport. Our sport is growing and reaching different publics. In brazil the Vale-Tudo is blowing, it's in fashion ! We are making success abroad and everybody is getting a grip of the sport. When I was in Storm Samurai I saw a lot of elite people, couples with their kids and a lot of women. Our sport is realy growing more and more. One of the things I want it's for many guys to able to see and to get what I got from this sport. Today I have my life very well structured and with a lot of dignity and hard work I can live from my job - fighting. It's with a lot of sweat and blood, but it's worth it !

P- U want to leave a message for the supporters and fans?

Wandy- man, I passed a lot of time in the Airports, and all the time that I could I would go to the internet and access your site, tatame and Gracie. When I enter the net I only see those sites and than I don't have anymore subject to stay on the net. I want to give props to the fans and to a guy that made a thread with all my fights - that was super and must have given a lot of work. I want to thank everybody that sends me messages of support.

I'm very happy to see that people admire my work. People that like Vale-Tudo knows that this is an addiction, and habbit. I'm a vale-tudo addict, everybody knows it. I love to fight, to watch fights, to see what people are talking. This is like a drug ! All the guys that make threads are making the sites. When I was in japan I saw guys taking pictures from the TV and posting them on the sites. That's super nice, for us to know we have all that power and support....
.... I want to thank everybody and to ask them to continue to support us, to make threads, to talk about the sport, to criticize and to make threads like "we don't want Lay'n'pray, we don't want stalling, we want show !!!" because if everybody makes the fights exciting everybody gains ! To win or to lose, it doesn't matter, what we want to see it's show (like in soccer - what we want to see it's the GOAL !!!! - the score !).....

Man, U got to admire this guy ! Down to earth, doesn't make any excuses. Didn't say that he sliped when jackson gave him the knockdown. It's funny when he has to be, always talks straight.

GO WANDY ! U RE THE MAN !!!!! ALL PROPS TO U ! THE MOST ECITING FIGHTER IN MMA !

Nickuraba
09-11-2004, 16:36
goede interview. Toffe peer die wandy!

Highline
09-11-2004, 16:40
gaaf. ik keek vanochtend nog op de pride site om te kijken of er al een nieuw interview was. thanx :thumbs:

Highline
09-11-2004, 16:53
btw kan iemand spoiler in de titel zetten ;)

Jay Hoov
09-11-2004, 17:18
btw kan iemand spoiler in de titel zetten ;)

Sorry!

Remco
09-11-2004, 17:38
Verbazingwekkend!

Een vechter die oproept tot kritiek, werkelijk uniek.

Wanderlei snapt dat een professionele sport alleen kan leven bij kritische fans die hun mening uiten. Ik heb wel eens andere dingen van (Nederlandse) vechters gehoord. Get over the ego thing!

Biiyen
09-11-2004, 17:48
Wanderlei is gewoon de man! punt uit. :thumbs:

Mike
10-11-2004, 14:49

I want to give props to the fans and to a guy that made a thread with all my fights - that was super and must have given a lot of work. !

wie maakt mij blij met de link naar die thread?! 8)

Jay Hoov
10-11-2004, 16:21

I want to give props to the fans and to a guy that made a thread with all my fights - that was super and must have given a lot of work. !

Ik ga ff voor je zoeken.... moment!!!

Jay Hoov
10-11-2004, 16:48

Hee Mike...ik weet niet of al die links het nog doen, maar ik zou zeggen, probeer het ff....Ik heb m'n best weer gedaan!!!!!!
http://www.mma-fighter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6064

Mike
10-11-2004, 16:58

Hee Mike...ik weet niet of al die links het nog doen, maar ik zou zeggen, probeer het ff....Ik heb m'n best weer gedaan!!!!!!

bedankt voor de moeite Jay Hoov, ik moet alleen eerst ff registreren op mma fighter. zal ik vanavond wel doen. Volgens mij heb ik al wanderleis gevechten al gezien maar tis lekker om allemaal in zo'n thread te hebben.

alvast bedankt man!

Jay Hoov
17-11-2004, 13:10

Thanks man!!! Goed bezig!

Alles voor Wandy!!!

Jay Hoov
17-11-2004, 15:48
Heb me net geregistreerd en op de link geklikt, en krijg de volgende melding:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

Das kut!!!

Je moet ff op mma-fighter zoeken onder DOWNLOAD!!

Ik ga ook nog ff voor je zoeken!