PDA

View Full Version : Josh Barnett en Lucia Rijker

Anonymous
10-11-2004, 03:07
Reactie van Josh:

Josh’s Barnett' response to the Mirko fight and his injury.
"Well, I think it’s about time to let everyone know what happened in the fight and what’s next for me.

First off, I’d really like to say thank you to all the people and organizations who helped me for this fight: New Japan for putting this together and supporting me, Pancrase for standing by their champion, PRIDE for the shot at one of the top heavyweights in the world, Erik Paulson, Rico, Trigg, Vladdy, Loucious Smith, Matt Hume, Lucia Rijker and Billy Robinson for all the training, “Stitch� for that extra bit of confidence and your secret herbs and spices, Dr. Andrea and her sister, and Dr. Thompson for keeping me in one piece. Abeani, Fujimegu, Harada, TK, Yokoi, Namekawa, Miyato, Iizuka, Naruse, Kakihara, AMC, AACC, G-square, RAW Team, UWF Snakepit, all the press for their time and promotion, and most especially all the fans for supporting me in the ring and out.

This was the fight that not only I, but the whole world, wanted to see. Can Mirko beat a top heavyweight fighter to put him in the mix for the belt? Is Barnett good enough to hang with the top heavies in PRIDE? Well, I showed that I was more than capable, but truth be told, that fight to me was nothing but a disappointment. The fans didn’t get what they came for, and the fight didn’t determine a true winner. For that, I have to apologize."

}|^-_-^|{
10-11-2004, 03:41
ach, wat lief van josh.

micha
10-11-2004, 08:34
ik benieuwd wat hij aan Lucia te danken heeft

Ronald
10-11-2004, 08:36
Wat is je bron fanfan2?

Jammer dat hij niet beschrijft wat er nou precies gebeurde volgens hem.

redjuh
10-11-2004, 09:07
ik zou lucia ook altijd bedanken, ookal ken ik haar niet...
man wat is zijn H.O.T. in fightmaster zeg!

Shytown
10-11-2004, 11:31
Wat is je bron fanfan2?

Nicky heeft het volledeige bericht gepost, is afkomstig van Josh zelf op zijn syte Joshbarnett.tv

Jay Hoov
10-11-2004, 13:16
Wat is je bron fanfan2?

Nicky heeft het volledeige bericht gepost, is afkomstig van Josh zelf op zijn syte Joshbarnett.tv

Het hele interview staat volgens mij op Sherdog.com!!!!

Ik baal nog staads van die partij.......Ik weet niet of Cro-cop het zou redden!!!

Rayman
10-11-2004, 15:14
Maar uitleggen wat er nou gebeurd is ho maar.

Nickuraba
10-11-2004, 15:29
wat lult die kerel, geen echte winnaar. De echte winnaar is crocop hij heeft de overwinning legitiem verkregen. Dat het nou niet ging zoals Josh zelf wou, doet er niet aan toe. Als zou hij zijn uitgegleden en kon hij niet meer doorvechten omdat hij zijn arm breekt, Hij doet het zelf en kan zelf niet verder. Thereby the winner : crocop. dat die pech heeft heeft iedereen wel eens. Als twee vechters de hele tijd gelijk op gaan en de een slaat de ander KO dan is het toch ook pech voor de een. Of het nu vroeg of laat begint

Hollandpride
10-11-2004, 21:30
Een KO en een plotselinge blessure waar Crocop niets aan heeft bijgedragen, vind ik wel iets anders.

Shytown
10-11-2004, 23:52
Hollandpride is correct; Mirco heeft wel gewonnen maar Josh niet verslagen.

Nickuraba
11-11-2004, 11:13
Een KO en een plotselinge blessure waar Crocop niets aan heeft bijgedragen, vind ik wel iets anders.

het ging meer om de manier waarop het gebeurt in een geval dat er van geluk sprake is. Dan kan je het kwa "geluk" net zo opvatten als dat crocop "geluk" had toen josh zijn schouder uit de kom schoot.

jojo
11-11-2004, 16:13
cool

Roob
11-11-2004, 16:28
First off, I'd really like to say thank you to all the people and organizations who helped me for this fight: New Japan for putting this together and supporting me, Pancrase for standing by their champion, PRIDE for the shot at one of the top heavyweights in the world, Erik Paulson, Rico, Trigg, Vladdy, Loucious Smith, Matt Hume, Lucia Rijker and Billy Robinson for all the training, "Stitch" for that extra bit of confidence and your secret herbs and spices, Dr. Andrea and her sister, and Dr. Thompson for keeping me in one piece. Abeani, Fujimegu, Harada, TK, Yokoi, Namekawa, Miyato, Iizuka, Naruse, Kakihara, AMC, AACC, G-square, RAW Team, UWF Snakepit, all the press for their time and promotion, and most especially all the fans for supporting me in the ring and out.

This was the fight that not only I, but the whole world, wanted to see. Can Mirko beat a top heavyweight fighter to put him in the mix for the belt? Is Barnett good enough to hang with the top heavies in PRIDE? Well, I showed that I was more than capable, but truth be told, that fight to me was nothing but a disappointment. The fans didn't get what they came for, and the fight didn't determine a true winner. For that, I have to apologize.

The shoulder dislocation was described to me by three different doctors as a "freak" occurrence, and, after surgery, the likelihood of it happening again is very small. It's hard to pin-point exactly when the dislocation happened, but one thing I'm sure of is that Mirko did not submit me consciously or otherwise. By the time I was on the mat, my shoulder was already out. I tried a neck crank but didn't have the strength in my left arm to finish it.

I knew things were bad at that point. I stopped for a second to think, and that's when he got the double over-hooks. My last chance was to try and free my right arm somehow. I tried to posture and use my left arm as a post, but it was no good. Mirko hung on, unaware of the injury -- he never pulled on it or attacked my shoulder directly. In the end, I knew I had a bad wing and that I wasn't going to wreck it for good by trying to use it anymore.

I knew I lost the fight when I tapped but I also knew that I would repair my shoulder and come back to set things right. I wasn't going to let this moment be the end of my career. I lost the fight, but Mirko didn't beat me.

It was very big of him to immediately offer me a rematch, and even to check on me and give his apologies in the ring. I know he and I are two different kinds of cats. He isn't interested in the whole promotional, showbiz side of the game, and I play it up to the fullest. I have to say thank you to Mirko for his concern though -- and for the rematch -- because it'll be the first thing on my mind when I return.

The doctors say that with or without surgery, the dislocation will require a 6 month rehab. I tore ligaments (e.g., my glenoid labrum) and have a Hill-Sacks fracture (bone avulsion) but have all my tendons and rotator cuff muscles intact. I'm glad I made them put the shoulder back in while I was still in the ring as it could have caused more damage to have it out. I can say that having your shoulder out while some guy twists it around to figure out which way it goes back in is not the sorta thing you'd like to repeat.

It'll be a long road back, and I really appreciate all the emails I've gotten from everyone. It's hard to type with one hand but I'll try to keep this up to date during my recovery, except maybe the day after surgery – a few Demerol and who knows what I might type -- if I can type at all.

Abayo

Josh
JoshBarnett.TV

Remco
11-11-2004, 18:34
Ik vond Josh al snel domineren. In mijn ogen is hij de betere vechter, maar hij moet eerst maar eens herstellen. Inderdaad Mirco won, maar heeft Josh niet verslagen.