PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Orlavski interview ( in mijn ogen de future hw champ

maartenjackie
12-11-2004, 17:57
MA: Hello Andrei, thank you for taking the time to talk to me.

AA: No problem Marco. It is my pleasure.

MA: It seems to me that your last two fights have really put your name up there with some of the best heavyweights in the world. Your popularity and your fan base continue to grow. Everyone wants to know what’s next for you.

AA: Number one goal is heavyweight title. I guess Mir has it now which is unlucky for him. My targets are locked on him, I will have to wait until his leg heals before I get a chance, but once I face him he will be sorry.

MA: There was talk about you fighting Ken Shamrock in December. Dana White told the media that Ken’s team turned down the fight. Did that disappoint you? What do you think would have happened in that fight?

AA: As for Ken Shamrock, his manager turned down the fight. I think Ken is a legend and would fight anyone on UFC roster any day. He just needs to be paid fairly. A match with him I think would not be very good for him. He cannot take me down or match my strength with my fists. I have very strong arm, can smash.

MA: Alright, let me ask some generic questions now. I want the fans to learn a little more about you as a person.

1) WHICH CDs ARE MOST OFTEN IN YOUR CD PLAYER?

Temnozor and Epidemia, lots of Russian Metal music. Also lots of Nelly Furtado for end of day and after fights. Very good music for relaxation.

2) WHAT DVDs HAVE YOU PURCHASED LATELY?

Punisher, Scarface, Mean Girls, Friday the 13th Box Set, Passion of the Christ, Confession of a Teenage Drama Queen.

3) ON A SCALE OF 1 to 10, RATE YOUR COOKING ABILITIES.

AA: In America,10. In Belarus, 4.

MA: Lower standards for cooking in America?

AA: Yes, it is very easy to cook here in America. Belarus expect much more.

4) DID YOU IMAGINE YOURSELF DOING WHAT YOU’RE DOING NOW?

Fighting and martial arts has always been part of my life, but to think it be my career, no. Who could imagine? I have fought on some of the biggest cards ever, UFC 40 and UFC 47. I fought in UFC 44 too. I have fought the worlds best and now only 1 more to face, Frank Mir. I feel sorry for Frank, whatever I hit I destroy. I will fight him to the end and he will lose.

5) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SPORT/HOBBY ASIDE FROM MMA?

I very much like Ice Hockey. NHL, EHL, World Cup. Any time I can watch hockey I am most happy.

6) WHAT TIME DO YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT?

I like late start in morning and late bed time as well. Probably 12am. Sometimes much later.

7) FAVOURITE ALCOHOL?

Stolichnaya Vodka

8 ) WHAT WAS THE FIRST NICK NAME ANYONE EVER GAVE YOU?

When I was very young people called me Pablo. Always was I trying to paint people and animals. Anything I could see I wanted to make myself.

9) IF YOU COULD HAVE A 10 MINUTE CONVERSATION WITH ANY HISTORICAL
OR PRESENT FIGURE WHO WOULD IT BE?

Stalin, he was very powerful man. Ruthless sometimes also, but I also think he was very smart and in war he crushed his opponents. I may not like him, but his position you have to respect.

10) WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE HOTTEST ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD?

Lindsay Lohan, I have watched Confessions of Teenage Drama Queen, Freaky Friday and Mean Girls many, many time and own all of her DVDs.

MA: Ok. Thank you for your time Andrei. Anything you would like to tell your fans, anything you want to add?

AA: Thank you for the support, every fight I get new fans and the more fans I have the harder I train. And for Frank Mir, I must break him!

Nickuraba
12-11-2004, 17:58
hij staat al ergens..Andrei Arlovski is het toch? iig is het een repost