PDA

View Full Version : Open brief Royce Gracie...

Justinian
10-12-2004, 20:54
To my fans all over the world:
Submitted by: Royce Gracie
Posted On 12/09/2004

With regards to the contract dispute between DSE and me, I would like to explain to you what that is all about. As you all know, I announced that I would fight Akebono at Dynamite!! on December 31, 2004 in Osaka, Japan. Although DSE alleges that I breached the contract with DSE, I did not. I have always negotiated with DSE in good faith. On September 2004, DSE talked to me about the 2005 Pride Middleweight Grand Prix, but we never reached any agreement. DSE also told me that they did not want me to fight for their event on December 31, 2004. On October 2004, I received from FEG an offer for Dynamite!! on December 31, 2004 which I told DSE about. I honored my contract with DSE. I waited for DSE's answer, but DSE did not give me an answer before the deadline under the contract between DSE and me. DSE did not tell me the names of DSE’s fighters, the date of the fight or other important conditions. DSE was never willing to match FEG’s offer. I can firmly say that I have sincerely and appropriately dealt with DSE.

The reason why I fight in a ring is that I would like as many people as possible to feel the spirit of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and enjoy watching Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. FEG gave me a perfect opportunity to fulfill my wish. Through the fight with Akebono, who weighs three times more than I, I am certain that I can show you the spirit and skills of 'the best of martial arts' Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and that you will have a lot of fun watching and experiencing it. This way, you will understand that this 'reckless' challenge makes a new history of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. I was truly expecting DSE to talk to me about such a meaningful opponent and opportunity in response to FEG’s offer. Unfortunately, DSE did not show their intention to set up a fight for me and never even gave me a single name of a fighter.

For the future, I would like to make it clear that I do not care who my promoter is. I would be happy to be seated at a negotiation table in good faith if any promoter (whether DSE, FEG or others) seriously provides me with an opportunity where I can fulfill my wish. I will continue to discipline myself as a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fighter and I promise that you will enjoy and be satisfied with my life-risking bouts.

Sincerely,

Royce Gracie

http://news.adcombat.com/images/articles/8200/Royce%20Akebono.JPG

http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=8200

Shytown
10-12-2004, 21:05
satisfied with my life-risking bouts.

:shock:

Mike
10-12-2004, 21:07
pfff wat een verhaal

Through the fight with Akebono, who weighs three times more than I, I am certain that I can show you the spirit and skills of 'the best of martial arts' Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and that you will have a lot of fun watching and experiencing it. This way, you will understand that this 'reckless' challenge makes a new history of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. I was truly expecting DSE to talk to me about such a meaningful opponent

wie neemt die nou in de maling? Met van akebono winnen in mma bewijs je helemaal niks. als je van hem wint in de sumo-ring ja dan is het knap. Ik had veel liver royce vs sakuraba gezien met oud en nieuw. ( en dan wanderlei vs akebono hehehe)

en dit ook:I will continue to discipline myself as a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fighter and I promise that you will enjoy and be satisfied with my life-risking bouts.

life risking? ben je bang dat akebono op je gaat zitten royce? Hij maakt het allemaal wel moooier dan t is zeg.

anywayz thnx voor het interview justinian :thumbs:

harry
10-12-2004, 21:19
Mike, precies !

Arjan
10-12-2004, 21:20
Jezus dat plaatje!!!!

Nickuraba
10-12-2004, 21:25
wahaha de verhoudingen :D

m.g
10-12-2004, 21:56
leuk stuk maar ben toch al niet z'n fan van de gracie's ze hebben altijd z'n grote mond.......

Aaronk
11-12-2004, 00:41
lol @ royce. had liever een rematch gezien tegen ken shamrock. die korte metten met royce zou maken

Anonymous
11-12-2004, 00:57
dit is wel een beetje waar mma voor staat..... style vs style.... en in dit geval een technische grondvechter tegen Sumo....hahahahaha.... ik hoop dat het doorgaat!! 8) :lol:

Papagaio
11-12-2004, 19:38
Volgens mij word het een saai gevecht akebono kent volgens mij geen submissions
Als hij Royce vast heeft gaat ie volgens mij op hem liggen en verder niks doen. :(

Gordon_Freeman
12-12-2004, 12:20
Als hij Royce vast heeft gaat ie volgens mij op hem liggen en verder niks doen.

:wink: Dat zou genoeg moeten zijn.... hoeveel weegt die Akebono ??

Hoewel ik denk dat hij m niet eens te pakken krijgt.

Anonymous
12-12-2004, 16:18
Beetje jammer, maak er helemaal een kermis van........freak show....

Tja
12-12-2004, 22:49
Ik denk wel dat MMA een beter spelletje voor Akebono is dan K1.
Ben benieuwd..!

cactusdre
13-12-2004, 08:39
Als Royce in de guard terecht komt hoeft Akebono aleen maar zijn armen en benen te strekken. Hij plet zijn tegenstander dan. Toch vind ik het interessant. Je kan echt niet onder Akebono gaan liggen. Hij zal het denk ik staand moeten oplossen. En Akebono mag nu ook gooien met zijn tegenstander. Kan toch wel leuk worden.

Boem Boem
13-12-2004, 12:31
To my fans all over the world:
Submitted by: Royce Gracie
Posted On 12/09/2004

With regards to the contract dispute between DSE and me, I would like to explain to you what that is all about. As you all know, I announced that I would fight Akebono at Dynamite!! on December 31, 2004 in Osaka, Japan. Although DSE alleges that I breached the contract with DSE, I did not. I have always negotiated with DSE in good faith. On September 2004, DSE talked to me about the 2005 Pride Middleweight Grand Prix, but we never reached any agreement. DSE also told me that they did not want me to fight for their event on December 31, 2004. On October 2004, I received from FEG an offer for Dynamite!! on December 31, 2004 which I told DSE about. I honored my contract with DSE. I waited for DSE's answer, but DSE did not give me an answer before the deadline under the contract between DSE and me. DSE did not tell me the names of DSE’s fighters, the date of the fight or other important conditions. DSE was never willing to match FEG’s offer. I can firmly say that I have sincerely and appropriately dealt with DSE.

The reason why I fight in a ring is that I would like as many people as possible to feel the spirit of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and enjoy watching Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. FEG gave me a perfect opportunity to fulfill my wish. Through the fight with Akebono, who weighs three times more than I, I am certain that I can show you the spirit and skills of 'the best of martial arts' Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and that you will have a lot of fun watching and experiencing it. This way, you will understand that this 'reckless' challenge makes a new history of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. I was truly expecting DSE to talk to me about such a meaningful opponent and opportunity in response to FEG’s offer. Unfortunately, DSE did not show their intention to set up a fight for me and never even gave me a single name of a fighter.

For the future, I would like to make it clear that I do not care who my promoter is. I would be happy to be seated at a negotiation table in good faith if any promoter (whether DSE, FEG or others) seriously provides me with an opportunity where I can fulfill my wish. I will continue to discipline myself as a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fighter and I promise that you will enjoy and be satisfied with my life-risking bouts.

Sincerely,

Royce Gracie

http://news.adcombat.com/images/articles/8200/Royce%20Akebono.JPG

http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=8200

Ha Sensei,

vergeleken bij die gast heb ik GEEN buikje!! ha ha ha

tot morgen,

Chris

Boem Boem
13-12-2004, 12:36
wat mij betreft mag die partij wel doorgaan:) :lol: zal mij benieuwen hoe Royce dit aan gaat pakken :thumbs: .......tis wel een verschil.........en tegenwoordig kan alles in deze maatschappij.......

Osu

Chris