PDA

View Full Version : Silva Interiew

Nicky
29-12-2004, 07:34
The Japanese media interviewed Vanderlei Silva upon his arrival in Japan for his upcoming fight. Here's what Silva had to say:

Japanese media: What are your thoughts on the cancellation of the Sakuraba fight.

Vanderlei: To be honest, I'm disappointed. However, there will be another chance. I wanted to fight Sakuraba, but there's not much that can be done. I'll fight him next time.

Japanese media: Your opponent... Would you accept a fight against a heavyweight?

Vanderlei: That's to be decided by the promoters and my manager.

Japanese media: You probably dropped weight for your fight against Sakuraba, and you would still fight a heavyweight?

Vanderlei: I'm a professional fighter. I fight whoever is chosen to fight me.

Japanese media: Has your motivation dropped since Sakuraba is not able to fight?

Vanderlei: That's not a concern at all. It's an event to close the year, and I'm honored just to be able to fight in it. "Otokomatsuri" will be the best event on December 31st.

Japanese media: Would you like to fight Sakuraba in next years Middleweight GP?

Vanderlei: I haven't heard anything with regards to next year, so I can't really comment.

Japanese media: Do you feel like you need to fight extra hard on Sakuraba's behalf?

Vanderlei: Of course I feel that way. He is very strong, and a fighter I respect. What happened this time is something that can not be helped as professional fighters. I hope to have a great fight with him next time. As for Sakuraba, I hope he comes to the event and supports me.

Emilio
29-12-2004, 09:45
op de site van pride zie ik hem niet meer in de lineup staaN?

Nickuraba
29-12-2004, 09:48
As for Sakuraba, I hope he comes to the event and supports me.

mooie vent die wandy

Virus
29-12-2004, 10:49
Kort maar krachtig stukje...

p diddy
29-12-2004, 12:10
vet stukje echte sportman zo te horen

Arjan
29-12-2004, 12:15
Japanese media: You probably dropped weight for your fight against Sakuraba, and you would still fight a heavyweight?

Vanderlei: I'm a professional fighter. I fight whoever is chosen to fight me.

Nice!! hoor je niet vaak, denk toch wel dat er genoeg afhaken, leuke interview!