PDA

View Full Version : De reden waarom Heath Herring niet vocht?

Nicky
05-01-2005, 08:51
In another MMAWeekly exclusive, MMAWeekly's Mick Hammond reports that the reason for the cancellation of Heath Herring’s debut fight in K-1 against Sam Greco scheduled to take place on their Premium Dynamite 2004 show this past New Year’s Eve was due to contract issues.

Apparently K-1 wanted to make sure there were no legal issues with Herring appearing on their show after threats of legal action were made against K-1 from Pride claiming that Herring’s contract with Pride was still active.

Herring and K-1 were under the belief that before Heath signed with the company that his contract with Pride ran out on December 1, 2004, whereas Pride had claimed it was still valid throughout the entire month of December. So rather being safe than sorry K-1 decided to postpone Herring’s first appearance for the company until later this year.

According to Herring there were some indications that something was going to happen as he was getting ready to leave for Japan, “The day before I was going to leave Bas (Boon, Herring’s European manager) said something was funny. We flew there and they told me about the situation. I was kind of disappointed because I had trained hard for the fight and it wasn’t going to happen, but I did some TV appearances for them and other promotional stuff and they treated me really well. I had a great time over there, they are a great company.�

According to Herring he could be seeing action in K-1 as soon as March, “They were talking to me about appearing in the next Romanex in March and then again in April in Vegas. I’m really excited about that.� Herring will begin preparations for his next bout in early February with Sergio Penha and Ricardo Pires at the Las Vegas Combat Club and with striking coach, Cor Hemmers, expected to come in from Holland a short time thereafter.

Herring admitted it was awkward being in Japan for K-1 rather than Pride, a company he spent the majority of his career with, “It was kind of weird being in Japan and watching Pride on TV and not being there at the show. I’m with K-1 now and I’m happy to be here, I know a lot of the fighters who were at the (Premium Dynamite) show and K-1 treated me great so I’m looking forward to fighting for them soon.�

micha
05-01-2005, 09:22
dat wordt rammelen in maart :mrgreen:

bloody
05-01-2005, 10:19
lekker voor hem dat hij zich daar op zijn gemak voelt, dat zal in zijn gevechten terug te zien zijn

Anonymous
05-01-2005, 13:33
bedankt nikki voor de info. wel jammer voor heath. train je hard en geen gevecht.

maar goed om te horen dat k1 dit jaar weer een romanex show houd. dat betekent dat ze ook bezig blijven met mma en er zijn genoeg leuke westrijden waarvoor je heath kan gebruiken. alleen jammer dat maart nog zo lang duurt.

}|^-_-^|{
05-01-2005, 14:05
gewoon 31 dagen hoor ;)

robholland
05-01-2005, 20:16
31 dagen? het is januari nu hoor ;)