PDA

View Full Version : Interview Mario Sperry over BTT en NOG

The Maniac
08-01-2005, 17:16
Source:Tatame sports

The tactic now and changing tactics

Brazilian Top Team leader José Mário Sperry was by Rodrigo Minotauro's corner last December 31, when Brazilian got defeated by Russian Emelianenko Fedor at Pride Shockwave. Now in Brazil, Zé Mário explains what did happen inside the four ropes. Now Zé Mário reveals the mistake of Minotauro's strategy and about other issues as dealing with Pride and what does represent Minotauro's loss to BTT. Check out the full interview bellow:

Tell me about the tactic you guys set up to Minotauro before the bout.

Minotauro's tactic was using his Boxing a lot. When the first round was over, he was really disappointed. He didn't like at the entire first round, but then he started to use his Boxing. During the third round Fedor got tired and Minotauro got an advantage. If Minotauro used the right strategy since the very first beginning, the result would be different

What went wrong?

Congratulations to Fedor, who also presented a different strategy and surprised us. At this time he avoided being into Minotauro's guard. He punched, took down and returned on the feet.

There was something wrong in his training?

We cannot blame on anybody. Fedor did a great job. But I do think we may improve his Wrestling. We had Darrel Gohlar as trainer, and today we have Jefferson Teixeira. We need to work on it.

Minotauro must be pissed of with Fedor. Does he want to face him one more time?

Of course Rodrigo wants to fight Fedor. He is the man everybody wants.

How is dealing with Pride?

I don't have information about the dealing, but I think Minotauro might stay with Pride.

And now... tell me about Brazilian Top Team plans after this loss.

Team work remains the same and does not change a thing. We are well sponsored and titles will come out. Now we are focused on VĂ*tor Belfort. He will face Tito Ortiz at UFC and we are also taking good care of some athletes that will join Pride GP's card under 93kg.

KO TKO
09-01-2005, 16:01
De enige manier hoe ik Nog zie winnen van Fedor. Is via een dubble leg takedown en dan een submission vanuit een top positie. Maar ik denk dat de kans heel klein is dat Nog ooit eens van Fedor gaat winnen.

BJJ JOKER
09-01-2005, 21:24
Minotauro zal zeker Fedor gaan verslaan, hij kan geen geluk blijven hebben die Fedor!!!

Nicky
09-01-2005, 21:24
:lol:

BJJ JOKER
09-01-2005, 21:26
En Oja Vitor zal zege vieren tegen Tito (monkey) Ortiz!!
:lol: :lol:

redjuh
09-01-2005, 21:49
De enige manier hoe ik Nog zie winnen van Fedor. Is via een dubble leg takedown en dan een submission vanuit een top positie. Maar ik denk dat de kans heel klein is dat Nog ooit eens van Fedor gaat winnen.

de kans dat iemand van fedor gaat winnen lijkt schier onmogelijk

Judas
09-01-2005, 21:57

de kans dat iemand van fedor gaat winnen lijkt schier onmogelijk

Over 10 jaar misschien

Jochem
10-01-2005, 15:07
Fedor is nu vrijwel onverslaanbaar. Maar ja, vovchavchin was dat ook, 35 gevechten lang (behalve 1x kin in zijn oog in AFC)
Er staat wel weer iemand op, maar ik denk niet dat het iemand is uit de huidige top.
nieuw bloed dus!

Nickuraba
10-01-2005, 15:43
Mino zie ik fedor niet zomaar verlaan. En dat gelul van als die had gebokst had het anders gelopen. Komop deal with it