PDA

View Full Version : Lennox Lewis terug in de ring !!!!!!!!

Nicky
24-01-2005, 08:24
Text from the BBC website;

Klitschko 'happy to fight Lewis'

Lewis lost only two of 44 contests

Vitali Klitschko says he would relish a rematch with Lennox Lewis following reports the former undisputed world heavyweight champion is to return.

Lewis told the Sunday Mirror he has been offered £21m to fight "later this year", although advisor Jerome Anderson refused to confirm the story.

Bernd Boente, manager of WBC titlist Klitschko, told BBC Five Live: "I have talked to Vitali and he's happy to go."

Lewis stopped Klitschko on cuts in 2003 when the Ukrainian was ahead on points.

The Sunday Mirror quoted Lewis as saying: "I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out.

"I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to be turned down."

The three-time world champion, 39, retired last January but hinted at a return last month after Danny Williams' crushing defeat at the hands of Klitschko.

"I wanted to get in the ring and show Danny how to beat him," said the Briton.

"I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves."

Klitschko has repeatedly called on Lewis to fight him again and is always quick to point out he was winning their last fight before cuts intervened.

But Boente said his charge is currently focused on a mandatory defence against Hasim Rahman in May.

Rahman knocked Lewis out in 2001 to claim the WBC and IBF belts before being dismantled in a rematch later that year.

Nicky
24-01-2005, 08:24
Contradicting statements he reportedly made to the Sunday Times (a London tabloid), former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis is now backing away notions of a ring comeback. Lewis released the following statement on Sunday: "I want to reiterate what I said when I retired in February 2004 that I was fortunate to leave the sport on my own terms and that I will be one of the few heavyweight champions in history to retire on top and stay retired."

Nicky
24-01-2005, 08:25
Lewis: I'm coming back!
Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says he's coming back. "I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves," said Lewis to the Sunday Mirror. "I'm making a comeback later this year. The money is up to 21 million pounds (US$39.3 million) right now and I simply can't turn that much cash down. I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out," said Lewis, who lives in Jamaica's Montego Bay. I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to turn down."

Nicky
24-01-2005, 08:26
Lewis Will Fight Vitali
"I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves," said former World Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis to the Sunday Mirror. "I'm making a comeback later this year. The money is up to 21 million pounds (US$39.3 million) right now and I simply can't turn that much cash down. I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out."
-----------------

Nicky
24-01-2005, 08:28
Lennox Lewis Wants to End Retirement
Associated Press - January 23, 2005

LONDON - Former world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says he will end his retirement to fight Vitali Klitschko in November.

"I'm making a comeback later this year," Lewis told the Sunday Mirror, a London tabloid. "The money is up to 21 million pounds ($39.3 million) right now and I simply can't turn that much cash down.

"I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to turn down."

Lewis, 39, retired Feb. 6 with a 41-2-1 record. Klitschko assumed the title April 24 when he beat Corrie Sanders.

Lewis and Klitschko last fought in June 2003. Lewis was behind on points when the fight was stopped in the sixth round because Klitschko was cut.

That was Lewis' last fight and he was booed out of the ring after a poor performance. The WBC mandated a rematch, but Lewis retired instead.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Anonymous
24-01-2005, 11:26
ach daar heb ik ook last van; hoe meer er binnenkomt hoe meer er automatisch ook weer uitgaat. :wink:

Judas
24-01-2005, 11:45
Ok dan topper

Makijs
24-01-2005, 12:57
Lewis dismisses comeback report

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40751000/jpg/_40751325_lennox203.jpg

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis has denied reports suggesting he is ready to come out of retirement to fight Vitali Klitschko.
Lewis was quoted in the Sunday Mirror saying that he had been offered £21m to fight the Ukrainian later this year.

But the 39-year-old has now released a statement denying the reports.

It said: "I want to reiterate what I said when I retired that I will be one of the few heavyweight champions to retire on top and stay retired."
The Sunday Mirror quoted Lewis as saying: "I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out.
"I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to be turned down."

However, advisor Jerome Anderson refused to confirm the story.
The three-time world champion stopped Klitschko on cuts in June, 2003 when the Ukrainian was ahead on points.

The reports of Lewis' return were welcomed by the Klitschko camp.
Bernd Boente, manager of the WBC champion, told BBC Five Live: "I have talked to Vitali and he's happy to go." Lewis retired last January but hinted at a return last month after Danny Williams' crushing defeat at the hands of Klitschko. "I wanted to get in the ring and show Danny how to beat him," said the Briton. "I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves."

Klitschko has repeatedly called on Lewis to fight him again and is always quick to point out he was winning their last fight before cuts intervened.
But Boente said his charge is currently focused on a mandatory defence against Hasim Rahman in May. Rahman knocked Lewis out in 2001 to claim the WBC and IBF belts before being dismantled in a rematch later that year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4199637.stm

Makijs
24-01-2005, 13:21
LEWIS LATEST: NO PLANS FOR COMEBACK
Monday 24th January 2005

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1270352.jpg
Lewis: Will he, won't he?

Confusion reigns over a possible return to the ring for Lennox Lewis after the former undisputed heavyweight champion denied he will take on Vitali Klitschko in a rematch. "I want to reiterate what I said when I retired that I will be one of the few heavyweight champions to retire on top and stay retired," the 39-year-old said in a statement.

Lewis reportedly told the Sunday Mirror he could not afford to turn down an offer of £21m to return to action, saying: "I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to sort this thing out."

Lewis successfully defended his crown with a six round victory over the current WBC champion in June 2003, when Ukrainian Klitschko was pulled out through cuts, and promptly retired saying he had nothing left to prove.

However, he has been playing games with the media in recent times - after watching Danny Williams' brutal beating at the hands of Klitschko in December he said he wanted to 'get in there and show him how to beat him'.

Klitschko has been calling Lewis out ever since that contentious loss back in 2003 - 'Dr Ironfist' was ahead on the scorecards when a horrific gash above the left eye forced the fight to be stopped

Anonymous
24-01-2005, 14:59
voor dat geld vecht ik wel tegen vitali :lol:

Nicky
24-01-2005, 15:39
Lewis is altijd vaag.

The Maniac
24-01-2005, 16:17
Ik ga ook wel tegen Vitali voor zoveel geld ga wel neer bij het staredown :lol: snel verdiend

Nicky
24-01-2005, 18:03
Lennox waffles on comeback!
Contradicting statements he reportedly made to the Sunday Mirror (a London tabloid), former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis is now backing away notions of a comeback. Lewis released the following statement on Sunday: "I want to reiterate what I said when I retired in February 2004 that I was fortunate to leave the sport on my own terms and that I will be one of the few heavyweight champions in history to retire on top and stay retired."
-----------
Bernd Boente, a spokesman for heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, told BBC Five Radio, "I have talked to Vitali and he's happy to go." Vitali is currently planning to defend against Hasim Rahman in May.
-----------
Lewis was quoted by the Sunday Mirror as saying "I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves. I'm making a comeback later this year. The money is up to 21 million pounds (US$39.3 million) right now and I simply can't turn that much cash down. I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out. I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to turn down."
Monday, January 24 2005

Nickuraba
24-01-2005, 18:35
wat is het nu ? :lol:

redjuh
24-01-2005, 19:00
wat een geld... ongelooflijk

Judas
24-01-2005, 19:02
Abnormaal, dat prijzengeld

Gulo gulo
24-01-2005, 19:08
money makes the world go 'round. Ben benieuwd of Lewis weerstand kan blijven bieden tegen zulke bedragen.

Ko Hops
25-01-2005, 18:03
Met al dat geld moet Lennox vechten. Maar ik denk ook dat niet tegen kan dat Klitschko hen op deze manier uitdaagd. Het wordt als het gevecht door gaat en Topper.

The Maniac
25-01-2005, 18:17
Heb net Channel Four lopen checken Lennox zei dat niks hiervan waar is hij blijft gewoon retired hij zegt als hij de offer eerder had gekregen dat ie het misschien gedaan zou hebben I paid my dues to the boxing sport I earned and kept enough for a good life there is no sense in making a comeback.dit is wat Lennox letterlijk zei

Maupie
25-01-2005, 18:27
ik vind het verstandig dat Lennox gestopt is. Hij heeft niks meer te winnen.
Maar als het toch door zou gaan wint ie weer van Klitschko denk ik.

Gulo gulo
25-01-2005, 18:54
Ligt eraan hoe gemotiveerd hij is. Als hij een comeback maakt zal hij vast erg gemotiveerd zijn, is zijn motivatie als tegen Rahman.............

Ko Hops
25-01-2005, 19:53
Heb net Channel Four lopen checken Lennox zei dat niks hiervan waar is hij blijft gewoon retired hij zegt als hij de offer eerder had gekregen dat ie het misschien gedaan zou hebben I paid my dues to the boxing sport I earned and kept enough for a good life there is no sense in making a comeback.dit is wat Lennox letterlijk zei

Jammer ik had het gevecht wel willen zien. Zonder!

kentaro
25-01-2005, 22:13
Verstandig van Lennox op retired te blijven hij heeft alles al gewonnen en heeft niks meer te bewijzen.

Ko Hops
25-01-2005, 22:24
Verstandig van Lennox op retired te blijven hij heeft alles al gewonnen en heeft niks meer te bewijzen.

Ik denk het ook.

Makijs
27-01-2005, 09:55
Ik ben het met Maupie en Kentaro eens; hij heeft niets meer te bewijzen. Hopelijk kan hij de verleiding weerstaan.