PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the BJJ RULES?

Felipe Costa
26-01-2005, 19:23
Hello everyone!

I’ll be in March again in Europe, in the total I’ll stay almost one month, most of the time in Belgium with the EXIT Team (www.exit-bjj.be ).

I was think of organizing a seminar just focusing on BJJ RULES, I thought it would be a good idea, cause I notice that most of people are still confuse about it or they think they know the rules, but actually they mistake when it comes to the details.

Last time when I pass by, I went to a BJJ tournament in Germany, it was terrible, they even putted 2 referees in the same match, but it did not help much, cause none of them knew what to do. When I was coaching one of the guys from EXIT Team, the referee made a mistake, I complained to him, he turn to me and said: Who are you to tell me the rules? It was funny…

I believe Europe needs to know the rules so it can improve faster. One of the main reasons that Brazil is still on top is because of the tournaments that keep the fighters improving and exchanging new positions with rival schools…imagine if each tournament make his own rules? How would it be possible to grow?

So, I’m writing here to hear your opinion. Should we organize this BJJ RULES seminar? Would you be interest to go? Let me know
:D

Justinian
26-01-2005, 20:15
I know the basics. That means I know how to score points, but I am not sure how many points you score for a certain position etc. So I agree about the fact we all should know the rules better to improve over here.

Italian*Berlusconi*
26-01-2005, 21:40
Nice initiatif (sp??)!!!!
Something i want be at!! keep us posted about this! :thumbs:

HUNTER
26-01-2005, 23:11
Although I think I know almost every detail about the rules, it still is very nescessary that more people know the BJJ rules and get the latest info from Brazil. Maybe you can combine the rules seminar with a technical part, so the more experienced fighters can come also.

Kleyne
26-01-2005, 23:19
Count me in. I know the rules, but ... the most recent (brazilian) interpretations and so on, ... it becomes blurred. So if this seminar is organised, I'll be there

NESCIO
27-01-2005, 09:36
I will be there !!!

Anonymous
28-01-2005, 10:34
Cool! Count me in!

Atama
28-01-2005, 14:25
The best wil be to organize the seminar about the rules with bjj'ers and people who want to be judge and then a tournament as a practice field for both :wink:

Felipe Costa
28-01-2005, 15:16
The best wil be to organize the seminar about the rules with bjj'ers and people who want to be judge and then a tournament as a practice field for both :wink:

Hey! I like this idea...maybe not a tournament, but at least a super fight ;)

I also like the idea about mixing a part with instructional in the seminar...

qball
28-01-2005, 21:41
sounds like a great idea felipe...

redjuh
28-01-2005, 22:26
very good initiative. i know the basics, but maybe a seminar could be helpfull. perhaps it'an option to contact the main figures of the different associations personal, and see how they feel about it