PDA

View Full Version : interview Rogerio Nogueira

makavelli
08-02-2005, 12:15
Rogerio 'Minotoro' Nogueira by 'Tatame'(Eduardo Ferreira):

Tatame: How is your preparation for PRIDE going?

Minotoro: I'm training very hard every day, only resting on Sundays. I train the ground game on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I train wrestling on Tuesday and Thursday. Each night I train boxing and Muay Thai.

Tatame: Why did you choose to compete on the PRIDE 29 card before the GP?

Minotoro: It's to get into the rythym of top-level competition and arrive in good form for the GP. I didn't fight for six months due to a burn on my arm. The accident occured when I used a soundwave physiotherapy machine, and I didn't realize it was burning me.

Tatame: What are your objectives for this year?

Minotoro: I want to face all the tough fighters in my weight category, such as Vanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Quinton Jackson... they are the best and I want get to that level.

Tatame: So this upcoming GP will be your big opportunity?

Minotoro: This year will be good for me. I'm almost there and I have to win my fights to get to the top. We are all very confident in my participation in this upcoming PRIDE GP.

Tatame: After your brother's defeat, the team is now training their wrestling more. Are you also training your wrestling more?

Minotoro: That is an aspect we are training much more. The takedown is very important in a fight, because our adversaries are now well versed on our ground game. But not everyone at BTT has this wrestling deficiency, such as Ricardo Arona, Paulo Filho, Alexandre Cacareco and Ze Mario (Sperry), who are all very good at takedowns. In my brother's cae, Fedor's strategy gave him problems. I feel certain that is he had had three more minutes in that fight, that he would've won. Fedor is also very good and he knows how to fight. He'd get the takedown and then return right back up to his feet, without falling into Rodrigo's guard.

Tatame: When you are you leaving for PRIDE?

Minotoro: On february 12th. I will have to be training during Carnaval, but that won;t be a problem for me. I've already passed many past Carnavals in training, and this time won;t be any different. I will be 100%.

makavelli
08-02-2005, 12:19
Wordt echt een moeilijke partij voor Alistair, hij komt supergemotiveerd over en is nu ook nog meer aan zijn takedowns gaan werken, wat eigenlijk een van de weinige zwakke punten van hem was.

Shytown
08-02-2005, 12:24
Jammer dat er geen vragen zijn met betrekking tot zijn partij met Alistair, wil wel weten hoe hij over de partij denkt.
Thnx :thumbs:

ashi76
08-02-2005, 19:05
Minotoro: I want to face all the tough fighters in my weight category, such as Vanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Quinton Jackson... they are the best and I want get to that level.

Hij ziet Alistair blijkbaar niet als een tough fighter.

Onderschatting is altijd goed.

Go Alistair. :thumbs:

Mike
08-02-2005, 19:12
ik vraag me trouwens af of KO gaan zo'n goede voorbereiding op de GP zal zijn voor Rogerio :mrgreen: