PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz vs Vitor Belfort *SPOILER*

Wheelie
08-02-2005, 16:08
MMA MEDIA WILL TRY TO PETITION NSAC TO OVERTURN SUPPOSEDLY BIASED BELFORT-ORTIZ DECISION Prominent members of the MMA Media will try to petition the Nevada State Athletic Commission to overturn the supposedly biased and controversial judges decision in the Vitor Belfort vs. Tito Ortiz fight.

Many true media and fans of NHB/MMA feel now is the time to make a stand against judges decision that seem either inept, biased, and/or corrupt. The MMA media ask for all the loyal fans of NHB/MMA who thought Vitor Belfort won the fight to do the same by contacting the Nevada State Athletic Commission and letting them know how you feel.

Nevada Department of Business & Industry
Nevada Athletic Commission
555 E. Washington Avenue, Ste 3200
Las Vegas, NV 89101
PHONE (702)486-2575
FAX (702)486-2577

Here are some quotes from MMA media and fans regarding the fight:

"Vitor clearly won that fight by a score of 29-28, and always went for the finish, whereas Tito never really tried to finish the fight and fought most of the time in a defensive fashion." -Tape Lord, Fightsport.com

"Tape Lord is correct" -Better Mouse Trap, Fightsport.com

"Im not sure what fight the "judges" were watching but Stevie Wonder could see that Vitor won two rounds of the fight and Tito only won one round. If a fighter wins 2 rounds of a 3 round fight he has won it, simple. Ortiz keeps his title as The Great Pretender of MMA." --Scoop McTroll, Fightsport.com

"29-28 for Belfort" -Josh Gross, Sherdog.com

"29-28 for Belfort in a very close fight." -Michael DiSanto, InsideFighting and huge supporter of unoffical Tito fan club

"Vitor won the fight by both KO and 29-28 decision". -Sam John Harkins, freelance journalist

"Belfort 29-28. Great fight, close fight. I gave Vitor Belfort the nod 29-28. I agree that the fight came down to how you scored the first round. Vitor was the agressor and he almost took out Tito in that first round. To Ortiz’s credit he weathered the storm, but Vitor was the more aggressive fighter and control more of that first round than Tito did, thus I give it a 29-28 Belfort win." -Ken Pishna, MMA Weakly

"I scored it 29-28 Vitor Belfort. I don’t have a major problem with how the official judges scored it. It was that close and watching the replay on tv compared to live in Vegas, it looked even closer than I first thought.

I think we all agree Tito won Round 3 and Vitor Round 2. So it comes down to Round 1. Depends how you judge Round 1. The fight was eerely similar to the Liddell 2nd round KO over Ortiz at the beginning as Vitor had a monster barrage that broke the nose of Tito Ortiz. Ortiz said “I was out for a second after an elbow.... Tito then said later that his nose was broke in the first round.

Ortiz played the position game very well in the first round, but the most effective scoring came from Belfort. My notes said “In a very close round I score it 10-9 because of the damage Tito sustained from the strikes. Tito finished the round strong for a minute and a half, but the first 3 minutes of the round were Vitor, thus 10-9." -Ryan Bennett, disgraced journalist from MMA Weakly

phranq
08-02-2005, 16:20
Het enige waar ik het niet mee eens was was de uitslag van de eerste ronde, die had op z'n minst 10-10 moeten zijn want die had Tito imo echt niet gewonnen..de 2e ronde was voor Vitor en de laatste voor Tito, uitslag was op mijn kaart een onbeslist.

Jochem
08-02-2005, 16:22
Ik vond Tito de winnaar. Wel close. en als je internet afzoekt vind je net zoveel mensen die er het mee eens zijn als oneens. Hence, Split decision terecht.

phranq
08-02-2005, 16:26
Ik vond Tito de winnaar. Wel close. en als je internet afzoekt vind je net zoveel mensen die er het mee eens zijn als oneens. Hence, Split decision terecht.

psies, ik heb ook idd wel gekkere uitslagen gezien, vind dit niet echt de moeite waard..ik had ook vrede met een draw gehad, maar Vitor heeft de partij imo niet gewonnen...

lunatic
08-02-2005, 16:57
Wat zei tito nou precies na het gevecht tegen vitor?

Infecto Groovalistic
08-02-2005, 17:14
Ik vond Tito de winnaar hij scoorde takedowns en elbows
en domineerde postitie.

Thomas
08-02-2005, 18:07
Wat zei tito nou precies na het gevecht tegen vitor?

iets van "you and I got the skills and the body of a true champion blablabla"

Ralph
08-02-2005, 19:38
Ik vond de uitslag wel terecht! Tito domineerde die derde ronde helemaal. De eerste was in mijn ogen ook voor Tito en de tweede voor Vitor. Ik kan wel met deze uitslag leven.

Ronald
08-02-2005, 20:01
Het gaat er idd om hoe je de eerste ronde beoordeeld. Die is bepalend voor het gevecht. Ik vraag me af hoe objectief er nou gejureerd wordt in zo'n geval. Wordt de laatste ronde "per ongeluk" toch niet zwaarder meegeteld dan de eerste ronde?

Een draw zou in mijn ogen een terechte uitslag zijn geweest. Maar zoals iemand ook al opmerkte: ik heb wel eens uitslagen gezien die dubieuzer waren dan deze.

Nicky
08-02-2005, 22:20
Ortiz won terrecht

Virus
09-02-2005, 00:30
Ortiz won terrecht
Nicky is zo correct!

@ Ronald: ok... Alle ronden dienen even zwaar mee te tellen imo, maar ik vind er wat voor te zeggen op de manier zoals ze bij Pride redeneren...
Wie op het eind van het gevecht (laatste ronde) het sterkst uit de bus komt, wordt uitgeroepen tot winnaar! Het ging tussen beiden gelijk op vond ik, maar Tito kon duidelijk nog 2 / 3 rondes verder terwijl Vitor er na de tweede ronde al helemaal doorheen zat!

In het heetst van de strijd (zo moet ik toegeven) was Vitor wel het gevaarlijkst, iets dat ook zwaar zou moeten wegen imo...

Wheelie
10-02-2005, 15:52
Back to Brazil, Vitor Belfort didn't accept yet his loss to Tito Ortiz on last saturday. According to the Brazilian Top Team fighter, the rhythm intense made by him in the beginning of the fight should guaranteed to him the first two rounds. "I almost knocked him out in the first round and I punished him really hard in the second one. He just won the third round and without doing much", states Belfort, reminding: "I intended to fight as I did in the beginning of my career and I did. The most important is to know that everybody thinks I won this fight".

The weekend, however, was not bad for Belfort. While he fought in Las Vegas, his wife, Joana Prado, prepared himself to have Belfort's first child, Davi Prado Belfort. Davi born in São Paulo, on Sunday at 11:36PM, and he's now on Belfort's arms. "I'm very excited. This was the most wonderful thing that happened in all my life", celebrated Vitor.

http://www.tatame.com/ingles/i_publisher/files/221939574200529193958_Vitor_Davi.jpg

bras
10-02-2005, 16:03
phat!! vitor is :thumbs:

Nickuraba
10-02-2005, 16:24
in mijn ogen won die wel, en ik zag een de oude vitor 2 rondes lang terug. Dat was het wel waard voormij!

Jay Hoov
10-02-2005, 19:48
Ik baal gewoon........ :x

p diddy
10-02-2005, 19:59
jammer voor vito maar vond de beslissing wel terecht, mischien een draw!!!