PDA

View Full Version : VITOR SPEAKS

bras
15-02-2005, 12:19
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/1152/vitortito10bw.jpg

Vitor Belfort (left) dominating Tito Ortiz (right).

Brazilian magazine Tatame recently interviewed Vitor Belfort. Here's what Belfort had to say:

Tatame: What happened in this bout against Tito Ortiz?

Vitor: My objective was to fight the way I fought in the past. I beat him down in the first two rounds, almost knocking him out and almost submitting him. I began to gas from the second round to the third, got tired, and he got the takedown and stayed inside my guard, but he didn't do much. For sure the first two rounds were mine, and he won the last one. The UFC judges are very partial. If that fight had been in Japan, for sure I would've won easily. I am back and happy with my training, and most importantly in knowing that everyone thinks I won.

Tatame: Why do you think you won the first round?

Vitor: I hit him much more, almost knocking him out, and he never had me in danger. Those elbows he threw at me at the end of the round didn't do anything to me! I defended myself normally and the judges didn't take that into consideration at all. Instead, I let loose my hands on him and he almost went to sleep, as his own people admitted after the fight. I finished with a clean face, and the Nevada Commission suspended him for six months due to a badly broken nose. You see! I came out with a clean face and he won! It's an absurdity! Everyone asked for it and I returned to being the old Vitor, with fast and accurate hands, except that those guys in the judges booth couln't see it.

Tatame: In the second round, when he was getting beat down badly, it seemed you could've finished him off with a submission. Why didn't you use your jiu-jitsu against him?

Vitor: I was in the mood to hit him in the face. I know he is scared to get hit, and during the fight I was only thinking to punish him.

Tatame: During the intermission between rounds two and three, Murilo (Bustamante) asked you not to get caught under Tito, but you ended up there. What happened?

Vitor: I was very tired and I was certain I had won the first two rounds. Because of that I fought more defensively. He only wanted to stay tied up and try some ground'n'pound, so I decided to put him in my guard and control the fight. I tell you again, those strikes didn't do anything to me. The only time he hit me flush was when he head butted me twice, for which the ref warned him.

Tatame: At the end of the fight you two shook hands. What did he tell you during that moment?

Vitor: He told he that he had never been in such tough fight. That I brought out the best in him, and that the fight could have gone to either of us. He also said that we are the two best in the weight division and that Randy (Couture) and Chuck (Liddell) were just two old guys. I stopped him right there and told him, "Leave me out of that conversation. Don't include me one bit in your battles! (laughs)

Tatame: That was the last fight of your contract with UFC. What can we expect for the future?

Quanto a mim, vou treinar bastante e começar a competir no Boxe amador, para afiar a mão ainda mais para o Vale-Tudo.

Vitor: I will be very honest, I prefer to fight in the ring under PRIDE-rules. I almost broke my hand because I was not allowed to use knees. But I can guarantee that I will fight where the people treat me right and pay me what I deserve. I am one of the pioneers of the sport, pricipally of the UFC, and I will go where I am valued. I am open to proposals and my agents will look for the best deals. As for me, I will continue to train hard and begin to compete in amateur boxing, so that I can sharpen my hands more for vale tudo.

Tatame: Will the result of this fight influence a new deal with the UFC?

Vitor: Everything will depend on value. I have no hard feeling against the UFC, but I am certain that this loss will influence my decision to fight there again. This is not the first time this has happened, and an end needs to be put to this lack of professionalism. There needs to be people who understand about vale tudo, and not just wrestling. The judges need to judge every aspect of a fight, round-per-round.

Tatame: How was this first fight since your return to BTT?

Vitor: The people at BTT were great. The sense of team the fact I am working with people who are always motivating me is only making me better. I am motivated to reach the top again.

Tatame: Tell me about the feeling of being a father?

Vitor: It's marvelous. It's the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. I've already changed diapers and it's great. His name is Davi Prado Belfort and was born on the same day I fought. When I hit the hotel, Joana (Prado) was going to the hospital to give birth. Let me tell you, he's wild and has the look of a champion. When he's hungry, he gets angry ans starts to kick and punch. Joana is suffering with him (laughs)... But she is a super mother.

p diddy
15-02-2005, 13:11
vet intervieuw man dope!!!

denkt iemand dat hij weer naar pride zal gaan????
ik weet het niet.

stefan112
15-02-2005, 13:24
Hij geeft zelf aan dat hij wel naar de pride wil dus wie weet. Mij maakt het niet veel uit als hij maar in actie komt!!!

redjuh
15-02-2005, 13:58
Rematch tegen Wanderlei zou vet zijn!

JAAAA

Anonymous
15-02-2005, 14:08
vet interwieuw

wat is die tito toch een ongelooflijk verwaand irritant mannetje zeg.... chuck en randy 2 oudjes noemen...ze SLOPEN Tito dus wat doe ie nou stoer man...

oesh

Jay Hoov
15-02-2005, 14:17

Gaat Vitor niet trekken!!!

Anonymous
15-02-2005, 14:18

Dat denk ik ook niet nee, maar zou best een mooie pot kunnen worden denk ik.

cactusdre
15-02-2005, 14:39
qoute"Tatame: In the second round, when he was getting beat down badly, it seemed you could've finished him off with a submission. Why didn't you use your jiu-jitsu against him?

Vitor: I was in the mood to hit him in the face. I know he is scared to get hit, and during the fight I was only thinking to punish him. "Quote

Hij had hem toch beter kunnen subben maar ik kan me wel voorstellen dat je Tito graag op zijn bek ramt. :lol:

Virus
15-02-2005, 14:42

LOL :lol:

Op deze foto wel ja...

Kan ook foto`s uppen waar `t net effe anders lag...

p diddy
15-02-2005, 14:48
overall denk ik dat het een draw was mischien een beetje meer naar vitor,

maar dit pas toen ik het voor de tweede keer keek, eerste keer dacht ik tito gew.

Mike
15-02-2005, 15:03

:lol: idd

dan gaat vitor zwaar KO !

maar goed ik wil die partij zeker zijn

cactusdre
15-02-2005, 15:15

LOL :lol:

Op deze foto wel ja...

Kan ook foto`s uppen waar `t net effe anders lag...

Laat die maar zitten. :wink:

Hollandpride
15-02-2005, 19:51
Ik vond vitor toch echt niet beter als Tito in hun gevecht. Een draw was beter geweest.

Guru
15-02-2005, 20:41
vet interwieuw

wat is die tito toch een ongelooflijk verwaand irritant mannetje zeg.... chuck en randy 2 oudjes noemen...ze SLOPEN Tito dus wat doe ie nou stoer man...

oesh

Helemaal mee eens, Tito is bluffertje bah...

Jochem
16-02-2005, 15:22
ik vond decision terecht, maar draw had ook goed gekund. ik was niet echt onder de indruk van vitor zijn kwaliteiten. ook niet die van tito trouwens, ik moet nog zien dat ie wint van randy of chuck.