PDA

View Full Version : Prefight Cro Cop interview

The Maniac
18-02-2005, 16:52
Pre-fight interview

Fuji TV cops with Sportsnavi.
Crop has made some miraculous progress in the past years in the coming pride event Croatian sensation Mirco Cro Cop faces veteran MMA artist and former UFC Heavyweight and Pride Heavyweight GP winner Mark “the Hammer� Coleman. I asked what his thoughts were on going into the fight with Coleman and his Championship relavations.

ST: Mirco how was the flight?

CC: I had a good sleep normally I don’t sleep that much in the plane but I was exhausted.

ST: You shocked the world last time by defeating Randleman with a standing guillotine. Are you going to use your submissions arsenal on Coleman?

CC: I don’t know we have to see I have come much better on the ground but my biggest strengths are stand-up and sprawl I have been training on the guillotine standing because Randleman bull rushes his opponents allot feeding my guillotine. I caught him when tried to take it to a pickup. I felt him tap immediately but the referee didn’t see it. With Coleman I want to keep it standing I have prepared for his double leg takedown. Fabricio has also trained with me extensively on the guard game.

ST: Will it be a K.O or will you slow pace the fight because Coleman will have a lesser cardio factor than you because of his age.

CC: I can’t tell I have seen him train and his cardio is pretty good everybody says if he takes me down it is over but I will prove them wrong this is a very important fight to me.

ST: Yes if you win you will probably facing Nogueira or Fedor what do you you think of them as fighters.

CC: I have big respect for them as fighters Nogueira is the best in the ground game of Pride he beat me fair and square but I felt that I was controlling the match but I didn’t think he would reverse my buck. I feel I’m much better now in the ground game than I was 2 years ago this time I can beat him. Fedor is the best out there now Nogueira could not defeat him Coleman got the chance but didn’t take advantage of it. But I feel Fedor is a little bit threatened I heard he wont sign at Pride which allows him to avoid fighting me. I know I can knock him out standing but his ground game overall is hard to control you saw I saw that with different fighters I think he is most difficult opponent which anybody can get. He is a good technician and fast for a heavyweight but I do not think he can take me down I have been training with Fabricio and some big guys who are almost two times the weight that Fedor is. And are much stronger than him which have trouble taking me down I know if Fedor keeps his hands down that low like he did against Nogueira he will be knocked out.

ST: What do you think of Werdum your Jiu Jitsu partner fighting?

CC: I Think Werdum is going to be great in pride? His ground skills are very good he can submit very easy (Werdum laughing) and he is getting better in the standup.

ST: Rumours where you got a offer to go to UFC is this true?

CC: Yes I got a good offer but Pride is good to me and I don’t want to leave and my contract states me to a 3 fight deal .

ST: If you win the title would you like to unify it.

CC: If it is possible yes I’d like to fight some of the UFC fighters there are great Heavyweight fighters there.

ST: who would you consider as the best there and who would you like to fight?

CC: Frank Mir is the champion I don’t know much about him but he is very good on the ground he submitted Tim Sylvia would be great match against him. Arlovski is a dangerous fighter also fighters like Mike Kyle and recently Buentello.

ST: I heard you train with Mike Kyle?

CC: Yes he hits hard and is very talented he is good fighter he learns fast.

ST: Well time is running up I have to thank you for this interview and I will wish you lots of success in your coming match. and good luck to you too Fabricio

CC: yes thank you.

Nickuraba
18-02-2005, 17:00
Ik wist niet dat die met mike kyle trainde! Mooi hoe die toegaf dat Nog hem fair and square versloeg, geen arrogantie te bekennen!

Jay Hoov
18-02-2005, 17:08
Ik wist niet dat die met mike kyle trainde! Mooi hoe die toegaf dat Nog hem fair and square versloeg, geen arrogantie te bekennen!

Ik had Cro-cop gebeld, en gezegd dat ie ff normaal moest doen.....en dat doet ie.....Nu mag ik em weer!!!!!

ICON
18-02-2005, 18:13
en hij heeft getraind met gasten die bijna twee keer zo zwaar zijn als fedor. heeft ie bij akebono getraind?? :roll:

Anonymous
18-02-2005, 18:18
en hij heeft getraind met gasten die bijna twee keer zo zwaar zijn als fedor. heeft ie bij akebono getraind?? :roll:

hahaha, daar moest ik ook al aan denken toen ik het las...

Nickuraba
18-02-2005, 18:21

Ik had Cro-cop gebeld, en gezegd dat ie ff normaal moest doen.....en dat doet ie.....Nu mag ik em weer!!!!!

je mag hem, shit...... fock waar is de telefoon! bellen de krant!
heheeh :thumbs:

Shytown
18-02-2005, 19:01
geen arrogantie te bekennen!

But I feel Fedor is a little bit threatened I heard he wont sign at Pride which allows him to avoid fighting me. I know I can knock him out standing

:roll:

ICON
18-02-2005, 19:24
geen arrogantie te bekennen!

But I feel Fedor is a little bit threatened I heard he wont sign at Pride which allows him to avoid fighting me. I know I can knock him out standing

:roll:

das geen arrogantie dat is uitgaan van je eigen kwaliteiten

Nickuraba
18-02-2005, 20:21
ik ben het met ICON eens, iedere vechter stapt de ring in met het idee, ik ben beter ik verla hem althans je gaat er niet vanuit dat je duidelijk demindere bent. Dan ga je gewoon niet knokken en meer trainen

simpel

redjuh
18-02-2005, 21:43
ik ben het met ICON eens, iedere vechter stapt de ring in met het idee, ik ben beter ik verla hem althans je gaat er niet vanuit dat je duidelijk demindere bent. Dan ga je gewoon niet knokken en meer trainen

simpel

helemaal mee eens... icon en nick!!!

Jay Hoov
19-02-2005, 18:58

je mag hem, shit...... fock waar is de telefoon! bellen de krant!
heheeh :thumbs:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ko Hops
20-02-2005, 02:14
Jay Hoov wil je Cro cop vragen of ik met hem op de foto mag. Weet je trouwens wanneer hij naar Nederland komt.