PDA

View Full Version : pre pride 29 fight Igor interview e.a.

MB667
27-02-2005, 11:58
Pride Fighting Championships: What’s your weight for this fight?
Igor Vovchanchyn: 93kg

Pride: You fought in December, in Kiev, right?
Vovchanchyn: Yes.

Pride: What made you decide to go back to middleweight?
Vovchanchyn: This is where I was 10 years ago. My natural weight was like this. I feel more comfortable. I’m faster. I’m not very tall so it’s easier to fight at this weight.

Pride: You’ll have a lot of power at middleweight. What was your diet?
Vovchanchyn: Just to prepare for this fight, or in general?

Pride: Last time you said you only ate vegetables or something like that.
Vovchanchyn: I eat everything, just a normal diet.

Pride: Have you lost any power or gained power?
Vovchanchyn: I’m not sure if I gained power in my punches but I don’t think it’s hurt me. Of course, I’m faster.

Pride: Do you feel any different at this new weight, in terms of who’s available to you now, like Wanderlei and the Rua brothers?
Vovchanchyn: I have more chances to win now. It’s difficult to face so many tough opponents in the Heavyweight division. I’m very optimistic now.

Pride: People don’t realize that he’s only 31 but he’s been around forever in PRIDE. He’s still very young, though. How have you prepared?
Vovchanchyn: Just the usual training but I tried to run as much as possible. More running this time. I tried to play rugby.

Pride: Without pads, like in Australia?
Vovchanchyn: Oh, I’m sorry, not “rugby.� I meant rag ball. It’s like playing football, but with wrestling. It’s a Russian sport.

Pride: What do you know about Takahashi? How do you feel about fighting him?
Vovchanchyn: From what I saw on his videotape, I have no doubt that I’m stronger than he is. I don’t see any problem.

Pride: So, obviously you want to knock him out.
Vovchanchyn: Yes. I would like to finish it in the first second.

Meer pre pride interviews:
http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/02_interviews.htm

MB667
27-02-2005, 12:01
Stukje uit Coleman interview:

To be honest with you, he came over and shook my hand. He was very cordial and very polite. I told him, I asked him then and there “let’s do it.� I don’t think people know this but I asked him first. I said let’s do it and he said let’s do it. He said right here, right now? I said, “hell no!� (laughing) I said, “Hell no, man! For some fucking cash!� That’s why he said that. He’s such a true fighter that he took it a little personal. He got challenged.

:)