PDA

View Full Version : Silva wil Mino in zijn team

Nicky
01-03-2005, 08:07
The interview is not yet translated in tatame, so I'll try to translate it for you guys. Wandy, as always, talks like the champ he realy is and about future plans, check it out !

"Wandy wants Mino in Chute-Boxe.

After the disastrous ending of Pride Shockwave, nothing better than to take a vacation for the Pride MW Champion - Wanderlei Silva. And that's exactly what he did ! After 2 weeks roaming around the paradisic beaches of the brazilian Northeast, wandy already in Curitiba, made a public invitation to the former HW Champ Rodrigo Minotauro. "I want to count with Mino on my team. If he is unhappy with his team, come to Chute-Boxe" ! Check the full interview of the Champ !

Tatame- After this edgy end of the year, did you manage to rest in the holidays?

Wandy - I spent 2 weeks in the Northeast. I've been roaming around the beaches of MaceiĆ³ (AL). Different from all the confusion in Japan, I stayed in an almost desert beach with my wife and child. I managed to realy rest.

T- About pride.... you almost dominated the ground against Hunt. What lacked in your game ?

Wandy- I should have trained more Jiu-Jitsu. In truth, I use my ground to defend myself. I need to train more subs. But what happened is that my hand was badly hurt (from the fight with Jackson) and, in training, everytime anybody laid down on my hand we needed to break. But, from now on I will dedicate myself a bit more to Jiu-Jitsu and to improve my ground.

T- How does this defeat afect your career?

W- In truth, this defeat didn't afect my career at all . Off course I was pissed. I already saw the tape various times and it's my understanding that when a fight is very even the victory always goes to the lightest guy, which didn't happen in my fight against Hunt. I think I won the fight. 4 years undefeated is a long time and I will take a long time to recover that. This record of being undefeated was taken away from me.

T- Is there any resentment against Pride ?

Wandy- Not at all. I was pissed, but I don't hold any resentment against Pride. After all, it was Pride that made me what I am today. For me, Pride is still the biggest MMA event in the world.

T- How about your negotiations with Pride, knowing there are other Organizations interested in you ?

Wandy - The people in Pride informed us that they are in the way of defining my situation and the situation of all the brazilians. About the interest of other organizations I can only say that it makes me happy, since that's a proof that my work has been being done in the right way. That's the way for an athlete and a champion to become valorized.

T- Would you be interested in a rematch against Hunt ?

Wandy - Off course ! I predict that I will still make around 3 fights with him and I want to win all of them ! I will move forward against him as I do against any opponent. I can't say I will win the fight, because a fight is a fight, but I garantee I will go with everything against him !

T- And what would you do different in that fight ?

Wandy - I would get much more prepared, starting from my weight. I would get a lot heavier - minimum of 103 to 105 kg.

T- have you decided yet if you will participate in the MW GP again ?

W- No, I haven't decided nothing yet. But, if I don't, I want to put Ninja or Shogun in my place.

T- You said you want to become heavier, and some time ago you also said you would surprise in the Heavyweight. Do you want to step up to the HW division in Pride?

Wandy - Yes I have that wish, to face (Mirko) Cro Cop and Fedor (Emelianenko). Because they are the best....

T- What about Rodrigo Minotauro? He is also one of the best.

Wandy- Of course Mino is one of the best. But I don't want to fight him. He is the greatest of guys and I want to have him in my team. If he is unhappy in his team, I invite him to come to Chute-Boxe !"

Windy Hernandez
01-03-2005, 10:34
Was er geen badblood tussen chutebox en BTT??

Jay Hoov
01-03-2005, 10:40
Mino bij Chute boxe, kan nog heel pittig worden!!
Als Mino z'n knieen en handen meer weet te gebruiken kan dat nog heel leuk worden!!

Ps Wat is Wandy toch een held!!!!

Virus
01-03-2005, 12:24
Mino-styl gemixed met Wandy-styl is onverslaanbaar en de hel voor iedere tegenstander! :maskills:

Jay Hoov
01-03-2005, 12:26
Mino-styl gemixed met Wandy-styl is onverslaanbaar en de hel voor iedere tegenstander! :maskills:

Dus dat! :thumbs: