PDA

View Full Version : Fedor interview

Virus
07-03-2005, 16:35
Here's a translation of a Fedor interview from his website....

Fedor Emelianenko and Mirko “Cro Cop�-will this fight occur?

Recently on many of the forums that discuss MMA competition there is an increasing discussion about Fedor ducking one of the strongest fighters in the world-Mirko “Cro Cop�. The arguments used to support this position are varied, therefore to clear up this situation we asked Fedor to answer a serious of questions on this topic.

-There is information on one of the MMA forums that Fedor will have his belt taken away if he chooses not to defend it. Is it possible?

-I have never declined, nor do I decline now to defend my title, the title’s belt will belong to the winner of the title fight.

-In Fuji TV program “sporto� Mr. Takada reportedly made a statement that Fedor is scared of Mirko…In the same program, as if by chance they showed Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera with Japanese baseball players. Can it be considered an attempt to set up a repeat fight between Noguiera and Mirko, in case you don’t sign the new contract with Pride?

-Regarding fear, I have already answered this question many times… If I had fear I would never enter the ring to begin with. Fighting –this is my job and I treat it as my job. I am very surprised by Takada-san’s statement. Firstly, the order of fights in determined by Pride. Secondly as you mentioned the contract is not yet signed: I am not satisfied by the offers from promoters of Pride-all of them are more suitable for B and C level fighters, and I don’t consider myself to be at that level. I am a champion and the winner of GP, so offers of this level do not flatter me. It should be clear that to try to provoke me to fight Mirko or any other fighter for minimal amount of money is not taking things seriously.

-Can you comment on the results of Pride-29?

-Right now I’m taking a break from fighting and was not too interested in this tournament. The predictions regarding Kharitionov’s and Vovchanin’s fights came true-I’m happy about their victory, also I was excited for Jackson who beat the Brazilian, Ninja. I’m really very happy that he managed to recover from a tough loss by Silva, and came back strong.

-There are many predictions about the outcome of your possible fight with the Croat. Some say that he will knock you out, others speculate that it will be you who will be the winner. What is your prediction? Who will win?

-This question would be very easily answered after the fight takes place. Let’ wait.

-What is your opinion about the noise that is being made about this situation in Japanese mass media and the Internet?

-I’m calm about it; it does not bother me too much. Somebody it simply doing their job, and somebody is discussing the topics that interest them.

-How and when do you plan to prepare for future fights?

-I’m thinking of traveling to Holland to train with the kick boxers there, the rest will go as usual.

-What is your condition after the incident which occurred on February 14?

-Fortunately, I got out of it without bodily harm. The only harm done was to the car, but it is fixed already. I would hope that this sort of accident does not happen again.

-How is your brother Alex?

-Alex is training, as always, he is getting ready for the fights. There is an agreement about his participation in the next Euphoria tournament (USA-Russia 2), which will take place on May 14 in Atlantic City. His opponent will be Ben Rothwell. Besides this, Alex will company me to our training trip to Holland.

-How is the family-wife, daughter?

-Mashenka(daughter) is taking lessons in the arts school, and she is also doing rhythmic gymnastics. Oksana(wife) is taking her semester finals-she is studying in Moscow, in the government university of economics, statistics, and information technology. So I can say that everything is going very well.

Thank you for interesting conversation, and good luck to you

translation by user: Suvorov

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241020

Anonymous
07-03-2005, 17:14
tok, tok, tok, tok :lol: