PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Training Reasons Differ Now?

Sachet
09-03-2005, 21:34
What was your original motivation for taking up MAs?
How long have you been at it?
Why do you still train in Martial Arts.. do your training reasons differ now from when you first began?

{Due date 3/21}

~*~*~

I just wanted to mention that I've been having trouble accessing the site by clicking on http://www.ma-skills.com/
A notice comes up saying that if I have been up to no good *lol*, my IP now belongs to you {I forget the screen name it was signed} :D
Anyway, I did a google search for the site & clicked on a link to a thread that was featured in order to get here.
~lacey

ps Here's the message that comes up:
404 Your IP has been logged @ {edited} So if you were up to no good.. All your ip belong to us.. M1ck3y Out

Nickuraba
09-03-2005, 22:06
ahh, an english speaking individual! that's a great oppertunity to polish my bad english skills.

i've been practicing thaiboxing for about 2 years or 2,5 years. If I'm correct i started almost at the same time as Ronald did. The trainingreasons don't differ from when I first began. I'm still in love with the sport. I do notice that I started to appreciate REAL muay-thai even more. At the beginning I wasn't so fond of it, since it lacked boxing. But right at this moment I enjoy MMA, Pancrase, K1, Kickboxing and Muay-thai.

BTW I also did judo, but i sucked at it. That was WAAAAAAAAAAAY back

Still don't like the full contact kickboxing style!

chief108
09-03-2005, 22:24
well...

I started MA when I was 7 or 8...

I'm 34 now, I *HOPE* my reasons changed :mrgreen:

so what brings you here jersey boy?

speak some Dutch?
or just want to steal our great training secrets??? :shock:

>>BTW... I get same message when clicking that link you posted<<

happy posting dude

Chief108

Justinian
09-03-2005, 23:07
Good question! A friend of mine started practicing Judo when I was 4 or 5 years old. Since then he was bragging a lot about the fact that since then no one, including me, could beat him. Well… that motivated me to start practicing Judo as well ;) I started training Judo when I was 5 years old and later on I started with Jiu Jitsu and MMA. I am 29 years old now, so I have been training for about 24 years.

Of course my motivation has changed. Nowadays I feel it helps taking stress/aggression away, it makes me feel better about myself and it keeps me in shape.

btw you get the message when you write als0f (the 0 is replaced by an o). If you write it like above you don't have this problem. We are still working on it ;)

Jeru
09-03-2005, 23:12
Hahaha i don't think he'll be writing als0f (what does that mean in english :wink: ) in a sentence.

I started when i was 6 with judo. Just because my parents made me :wink:
When i was 23 and out for 11 years i thought it was time to come back because i felt lazy. Started with jiu jitsu and later on kickboxing and judo again.

redjuh
10-03-2005, 01:53
judo @ 4 or 5... stil do it every once in a while (just tournaments
rickson gracie jiu jitsu
kickboxing both for over a year now
and keeping the body in shape ofcourse

Aaronk
10-03-2005, 17:37
judo @ 4 or 5... stil do it every once in a while (just tournaments
rickson gracie jiu jitsu
kickboxing both for over a year now
and keeping the body in shape ofcourse

damn, wat zou eemn inkopper.

what kind of shape? ROUND SHAPE

RNLMC
10-03-2005, 17:47
judo at the age of six,but only for one year , than at when i was 9 i started boxing,wich i still do and since 8 month`s shooto. i started boxing because i used to love to fight(i still) and for some self-defence

Sachet
21-03-2005, 23:03
ahh, an english speaking individual! that's a great oppertunity to polish my bad english skills.

Actually, you did very well Nick!

Sachet
21-03-2005, 23:15
well...

I started MA when I was 7 or 8...

I'm 34 now, I *HOPE* my reasons changed :mrgreen:

so what brings you here jersey boy?

speak some Dutch?
or just want to steal our great training secrets??? :shock:

>>BTW... I get same message when clicking that link you posted<<

happy posting dude

Chief108

Well, first of all.. I'm a jerseygirlie, not a boy :D
I'm 25 years old, weigh 118lbs & I started becoming interested in MAs since I think it's a good thing for girls to learn from an early age to help them protect themselves.
SoOo I started asking questions on a College site.. then started writing articles for edouble at Ironlife.com because it gives me the opportunity to talk to all of you knowledgeable people.
Here's a link to an archive of my articles for edouble, if anyone would like to read them.. I do all kinds of interviews & the questions of the month.
http://www.beyondmass.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13834
It's been alot of fun~

I speak a lil German, does that count?
If I was only interested in stealin' your training secrets..
... I wouldn't logon ;) *lol*