PDA

View Full Version : mino interview

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 18:09
PVT- after the Pride Shockwave 2 and a period of holidays have you resumed training alreadY?

Mino - I started training in February, then I stoped for the carnival. I'm in expectation.I'm training and improving my technical part, but I didn't increase my training because I don't have any fight set. When they set a fight I will be back to hard training as ever.

PVT- Did you renew already your contract?

Mino- No, not yet we are still negotiating, but my desire is to remain with Pride.

PVT- What are your plans for 2005?

Mino- I want to win all the fights that they give me and position myself for another shot at the title.

PVT- do you prefer if it is with Fedor?

Mino- Wether with fedor or Cro Cop, it doesn't matter.My goal is to get the title back>

PVT- You must have watched your last fight with Fedor several times, can you talk to us about that fight?

Mino - I didn't watch the fight many times. Honestly, only one or two times. In terms of strategy the guy is a hell of a pain, he has an extremely fast way of diving in, he was able to punch and get to the legs very fast... I never knew if he was going to punch or go to the legs. Thus, it was extremely hard to defend the takedowns, which was the hardest part of the fight. He brought me down maybe 6 times. He is very explosive. I was able to boxe with him nicely, but I couldn't manage to find myself in the 1st round, and int the 2nd it was so so, my distance wasn't good and I couldn't get my takedowns on him.In the end of 1st round I had a good moment and I was able to stay on top, but the time elapsed. Fedor made a very dificult fight and in terms of strategy he is realy very good. I will have to train more and improve. Everytime I make a fight like this I learn something. For sure this last fight was much better than the 1st I made with him, the second was ok, but this last one I have to give it all to him, he dominated, with takedowns and in the floor he completely neutralized my game, I wasn't able to attack properly. He was smart, he didn't want to go to the ground with me, he would just stay a bit on the ground and than he stood up. It's difficult because he didn't want to stay on the ground and pass the guard and that disturbed me a bit. He is more causcious to pound on the guard. He explodes a bit an than he gets up, than brings you down and gets up. It was hard.

PVT- What would you train more for a next fight with him?

Mino- I would concentrate in Wrestling. He was able to get some takedowns that I should have been able to stop.

PVT- And have you been training wrestling?

Mino _ yup. We have 3 kinds of training, stand up, wrestling and ground. I'm training more wrestling because when I'm on top in the ground the fight is easy for me, I can put a lot of heat on the guys, therefore there is no sense in making guard always.

PVT- Pride is arranging a fight between Fedor and Mirko. Who do you think will win ?

Mino- It will be a tough fight for Fedor, but I think he is more of a fighter and more warrior. mirko is very talented, he has a good sprawl and a good kick, but I think Fedor is more of a warrior. He is tougher !

PVT- What are your expectations for your brother's GP participation?

Mino- Rogйrio fought good against Alistair, so he is going for the title. I have high expectations for him. There will be great fighters - Shogun, Wanderlei, Quinton Jackson... But I'm betting on my brother. There will be a lot of great fights this year.

PVT- Pedro Rizzo is almost signing with Pride. What do you think about it ?

Mino- I think it's great. He is a hell of a fighter and very experienced one too. In UFC the guys always tried to keep him on the fence. When a guy goes to a new event then the motivation is different, he will fight differently. He remained several years in UFC, and so it was already always the same - music , backstages, etc .... In Pride he will get a different kind of rush, the adrenaline and motivation will be different. He will be a big name in Pride.

PVT- What do you think about the rise of Andrei Arlovsky in UFC ?

Mino- Man, I saw his last fight and it was good. He has good striking and a good ground. It's dificult to take him down. He has a great counter strike. He is a rising star, but me and Pedro (Rizzo) can get him.

PVT- Rizzo already knocked him out.

Mino- True. It was a beautifull straight KO he gave on him. Pedro, in thruth already won from all the great champions of UFC , he already won from Andrei, Josh Barnett, Ricco Rodrigues and Coleman, he just missed a title..

PVT- Randy Couture is 41 and he is geting ready to defend his title again. What do you think about him?

Mino- The guy is a monster. I was seeing some of his old fights and he is very strong. I think he is even more technical now. He improved a lot with age. Everybody talks about him in NHB. The guy was a champion, lost the title twice, got back and became champion again, lost another fight and got back the title. He showed to everybody that with him there is no game for anybody. He is an example of guts and determination. He managed to win the title several times. He is very focused, makes a good diet and has a proper life. He is a great champion.

PVT- Wandy has been talking that he wants to face the UFC champion. Do you have tha wish also ?

Mino- I'm with Pride and if they ask me to fight in UFC it will be an honor. If they exchange fighters I'll be glad to fight in UFC with anybody. Whoever they put in front of me, I'll take it !

PVT- Message for the fans.

Mino- I would like to thank everybody that supported me in this last fight, but ufortunately I couldn't get the win. But I keep my head held up high and will keep on training for Brazil and all my supporters. To those who stopped supporting me, I saw some people in the internet saying "Mino fought badly", I want them to know that I trained a lot for that fight and if I lost it it wasn't because of lack of training. Fighting is like that, sometimes everything goes right, but other times, even if you give your best you can't impose your game. However, I keep on making an effort to develop my game. I keep my head up high and I will still enjoy many victories.

Virus
11-03-2005, 18:27
Mino- It will be a tough fight for Fedor, but I think he is more of a fighter and more warrior. mirko is very talented, he has a good sprawl and a good kick, but I think Fedor is more of a warrior. He is tougher !

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/crodoc/PDVD_000.jpg

Ik kan niet wachten!! :maskills:

IIjeremyII
11-03-2005, 18:42
same here wil die 2 ook wel zien knokke :lol: :mrgreen: