PDA

View Full Version : INTERVIEW: Vitor Belfort

bras
30-03-2005, 11:01
He definitely has something to tell to his newborn son about how intense can be a fighters's life.He had all contents of a movie story from his first apearence in the UFC like a rocket star, going thru the fame hitting his head, the fall the comeback, his up and down relationship with teammates.

When Vitor gave us this quick interview, his name was not confirmed yet in Pride GP card althought we couls feel how anxious he was about this possibility. Professionally was hard to take few lines from him about whatever was the subject and the only issue he really talked and showed upset about was regarding how his last UFC bout was judged.

After this interview we talked with His manager Jorge Guimaraes regarding the possibility of having Belfort in Pride GP and he told us he was confirmed in the tournament, probably facing in a dream rematch for him the japanese star Kazushi Sakuraba. Vitor would be the UFC representative in Pride and the cooperation betwenn DSE and Zuffa seems to be working very well.

Ok Let's start talking about your last UFC bout, do you have any doubts regarding the decision?
Vitor:I have all doubts regarding that decision. I don't know how people see agressiveness but I was the agressor that night.

One of the NSAC judges stated that Tito was more agressive in the fight. Do you coment?
Vitor: Like i said,I don't know how people see agressiveness but in my opinion this is a matter of how effective you are in your agression, and for sure i was more efective, my strikes were more efective no matter how many time he took me down in the third round. Those who are experienced in martial arts knows exactly who wins a fight. They can have doubts when it comes to a very tight decision but since we had 3 rounds and i clearly won 2 of them, i can't be happy with the decision.

The strategy planned for this fight was executed?
Vitor:Yeah, but in the third round i gassed out from how agressive i was in the second and tried to managed the fight since i thought at that time that i won 1st and 2nd RD and never woul imagine that judges could say i lost 1st round.

So do you think you gassed out due to the pace of the 2nd RD. What did you miss to knock him out?
Vitor: I gassed due to the short period of trainning and was very close to knock him out in the 2nd RD besides i broke his nose in the 1st.

This was you last UFC bout in your contract. did you re-sign with zuffa?
Vitor: I can't talk about this, my manager is working on it.

There are several rumours that you would be sent to Pride as the UFC representative. Can you talk about that?
Vitor: What i can say is that would be a pleasure to fight in an event like Pride GP

If you think there's a chance to fight in Pride GP how is you trainning routine now?
Vitor: Very good, I am in very good shape to fight.

There was a clear diference between how you performed in this last fight and the previous one. To what do you credit this?
Vitor: 2004 was a tough year for me and althought the problems i had, i fullfilled all my commitments. For this fight i had more motivation to be trainning for.

If confirmed that you are in the Pride GP, who do you like to face?
Vitor:I Don't have preferences but would like to rematch Sakuraba

Again, if confirmed in the Pride GP, you will you might face one, maybe 2 teamates. How do you see th possibility of facing any of them?
Vitor:They are my friens and i hope if that's the case to face him i would like to meet them only in the finals

Where do you feel more confortable to perform? Ring or cage?
Vitor:For sure ring

How is the experience of being a father? Did you already realized that? Vitor: It's been great. There's no way to describe that.

Ok Vitor, thank you for your time. Thank you and God bless everybody

bron adcc