PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Alexander Emelyanenko

MB667
24-04-2005, 13:17
Until now we were told about mixed fight World Champion Alexander Emelyanenko by his elder brother Fedor. We have made up our minds to encounter himself in order to get more information about the sportsman.

Having met Fedor more than once we were curious to talk to his brother. So let us introduce Alexander Emelyanenko – mixed fight World Champion (1999), Champion of Russia and mixed fight World Champion (2003). Alexander was born on August, 2, 1981 in Stary Oskol in Olga and Vladimir Emelyanenko’s family. There are four children in the family: his elder sister Marina, his brother Fedor (born in 1976) and his younger brother Ivan who just starts his career. He is the third child in the family and single. Fedor is the owner of Europe Cup in judo, World Champion in mixed fight heavyweight, World Champion in mixed fight absolute weight, twice World Champion in RINGS version wrestling, World Champion in PRIDE version fights, Master of Sports of international class.
Alexander wished not to give his detailed biography but agreed to answer readers’ questions.

- Why did you decide to indulge in mixed fight?

- I was still quite young when my brother started taking me to his coaching, you know. Our parents asked Fedor to look after me but he had to train and to attend sport school with me. At first I just watch other boys training, then started to imitate some of their movements. When I started to go to school I began my mixed fight training with a coach. Surely my level differed from my equals in age as my trainings in early childhood were not spend in vain Just as my brother I was trained by Mikhail Voronov at sport school after A. Nevsky. By the way he is still working with us.

- When did your first solid competitions take place?

- I guess it was mixed fight Europe championship in 1999. I won my first title - Europe Champion. But I also consider the period when I started to go in for martial arts of great importance. I go in for it since February 2003. In March 2003 at Moscow Open Championship my brother and me reached the final, in April in Petrozavodsk I won Championship of Russia and got a start for mixed fight World Championship and won it.

- I know your brother and you made a contract with a fighting club “Red Devil�. I wonder what’s your opinion about its coaches and fighters.

- All I can say about “Red Devil� is that the staff is quite powerful and the fighters are good. I like that in St.Peterburg I can train with a wide range of fighters while in Stary Oskol Fedor is my only competitor and it is always interesting to test your strength with sportsmen who’s tactics is unknown. It is certainly an advantage. I also like to go to other cities and even countries for trainings. Some time ago we went to Holland and were glad to be trained by the best Thai boxers not only Dutch - Lusjen, Ivan Ipolit. I believe the skills acquired will help us at Championship of Russia in kickboxing which will take place on April, 9 in Stary Oskol.

- Alexander you have already taken part in…, tell us about it.

- It happened last year. On October, 5 at Bushido I met Assuerio Silva from Brazil, and on December, 31 at Inoki I met his countryman Oragio. I won both fights.

- What was your first fight like?

- I remember it very well. I went into the ring and wanted to knock out the competitor but it didn’t turn out to be that easy. When I fought with Oragio everything was different. I was already aware what a fight is and was morally ready for it.

- Are you going to appear in Pride?

- I plan to do it in early summer. It will depend on the news Fedor will bring, he is in Japan right now.

- What are your relations with Fedor?

- Just as brothers usually have (Alexander sounds a bit perplexed). I can say that if anyone of us will need help and support I am sure in Fedor and myself.

- My next question may appear tactless but still our forum is overloaded with questions as for when and where you made your tattoos and if they correspond to fact. Can you tell us about it?

- Honestly speaking I don’t know what to say. All tattoos were made at different time and by different people. As for meanings every tattoo has its own location and accordance . I can just say what they denote for those who are unaware. For example, there is a cathedral with five domes on my right hand and each dome denotes one year of imprisonment. The stars on the shoulders symbolize honesty and dignity of a person who lives according to his principles. There is Mother of God on my back.

- What does it denote?

- Absolutely nothing. I just liked the picture, originally done. The stars on my knees “say� “I will never kneel�. The tattoo “Pirate� denotes an article from criminal code concerning robbery. I hope the sign in Latin � Good luck follows the brave“ doesn’t need any comments. There are words in German “God with us� on my back. For me it is a symbol of revival so to say. There is a inscription on my left shoulder in Russian, those who are interested may examine it on the photos. Below my elbow there is half a head of a cat, half scull. It may be interpreted as “Homo homini lupus est�. This saying is one of life principles. On my shoulder there is a net.

- Speaking about this net. There are questions in the forum if it denotes your connection with mafia, maybe your victories are unfair.

- No, this net has another meaning. It has nothing in common with mafia. My achievements and victories are result of hard work, not only mine but also of my coaches. As I’ve already mentioned they are Vladimir Voronov and Alexander Michkov. And my brother surely contributed to it.

- Is it painful to make a tattoo?

- Endurable. But there are some part of a body where it is more painful. The most unpleasant feeling is when one’s knees and feet are tattooed.

- Are there any tattoos on your feet as well?

-Yes. Some aphorisms.

It wasn’t the end of our talk with Alexander. I wondered what kind of person he is, his temper, what for him is of interest in life. Black color appeared to be his favorite. He also answered that of all dishes he, as anyone of us, prefers festive menu with lots of stuff, but nevertheless he is undemanding about food. He only doesn’t like rich food.
Sport is mostly all his life. He appreciates watching real professionals. For example, he eagerly watches basketball World Championships, sometimes football. As for his nature he considers himself to be obstinate and hot-tempered - he is surely the best one to judge. I can only add he possesses some really desirable qualities such as courage, self-assurance. Speaking about human relations he said: �I meet a lot of people and appreciate mostly decent, honest and open-hearted people. I’d like less pathos, lie, envy.�

We thank Alexander for the interview and wish him good luck!

:lol: Lusjen, Ivan Ipolit. :lol:

Judas
24-04-2005, 14:10
Goed intervieuw! En als ik het goed begrepen heb, heeft hij dus ook 5 jaar vast gezeten?

m.g
25-04-2005, 12:18
Leuk intervieuw.. ja daar staan die torens voor toch...

bryan
25-04-2005, 13:17
lijkt me een vriendelijke jongeman... :wink: