PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop interview

Dutch Dynamite
27-04-2005, 21:59
The long expected title fight between Fedor and Mirko Cro Cop was scheduled for 26th June Saitama show, but it seems that MMA fans were fooled once again. The Russian sources claim that the fight is definitely off because of the Fedor's injury, while DSE is refusing to make an official statement about this fight. A coincidence or not, this is the second time that Fedor's injury is going to ruin a perfect scenario for MMA fans and to Mirko Cro Cop as well.
With only two months left before the show in June, we have discussed the whole situation again with Mirko Cro Cop.

Nokaut: Mirko, in Croatian newspapers we could read that the whole situation is really pissing you off.
Mirko: That's right. I lost my patience, Fedor should stop this game. If he's a champ and a true fighter then he shouldn't make more excuses.

Nokaut: You still train for a title fight?
Mirko: I seriously doubt that fight is gonna happen, but yes, I'm still doing my preparations for it.

Nokaut: If the fights is officially off, will you fight someone else?
Mirko: Yes, but I'm thinking on fighting in May if there's no title fight in June.

Nokaut: Which opponents would you prefer?
Mirko: It really doesn't matter. I want Fedor, but it seems I can't have him in the opposite corner.

Nokaut: Can PRIDE force Fedor to fight you?
Mirko: I don't know. I thought they could, but I don't know what to think now. It's really hard for me to talk about it, I just can't believe that the whole situation is developing like this.

Nokaut: Do you trust Fedor's story about the injury?
Mirko: I don't buy it anymore.

Nokaut: Do you think that this situation can disturb your mental balance for the possible title fight?
Mirko: No, if I face him it'll be a sort of payback.

Nokaut: Fedor is going down then?
Mirko: Let's not talk about fantasy match-ups.

Nokaut: Okay, what are you futher plans? You must have some when Plan A isn't going to work?
Mirko: As I said, I'll fight someone else, but I'll also think about other offers.

Nokaut: Such as UFC?
Mirko: Not only UFC is interested in having me on the card, but PRIDE is still my first pick.

Nokaut: Would you fight Nogueira again, instead of Fedor?
Mirko: I would prefer to fight him after I beat Fedor. But in this scenario I don't really care who's my next opponent, Minotauro or Superman.

Nokaut: We're sure that the title fight is definitely going to happen, but it seems not before August. No summer break for Cro Cop again?
Mirko: I'm glad that you're sure, but I'm not. The title is all I want, I'll have the time for summer breaks later.
It's the best to walk the beach as a PRIDE champion.

Arjan
27-04-2005, 22:21
Cool top man, altijd vet interviews van em! :thumbs:

Anonymous
28-04-2005, 10:10
hij is hongerig!

Nickuraba
28-04-2005, 11:09
Nokaut: Fedor is going down then?
Mirko: Let's not talk about fantasy match-ups.

zegt ie goed, en @ rappe rik, jaah hij zit hier inderdaad wel mee geloof ik jah!