PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Erin Toughill vs Laila Ali

Guru
12-06-2005, 11:06
In de derde ronde is Toughill uiteindelijk weggetikt op TKO en zijn alle illusies tot een einde gekomen dat zij wel ff Ali zou verslaan.

Boksen is toch een heel ander spelletje dan MMA, blijkbaar had zij zoiets van dat doen we wel ff.

Dalgliesh
12-06-2005, 11:24
Spoiler, bedankt...

Anonymous
12-06-2005, 11:25
Ali's blood is running through those veins of her... she can't be beaten so easily... erin should do something else... maybe helping blind kids?
:lol: :lol:

Anonymous
12-06-2005, 12:52
Allereerst wat is nou een spoiler??? Iets dat als vervelend en onzinnig wordt gezien op het forum???

Maarre...... heeft iemand foto's van de partij??????

Guru
12-06-2005, 13:06
Spoiler, bedankt...

Ja, ik ga er niet vanuit dat dit snel wordt gedownload en dat iedereen wacht totdat er een DVD van binnen is, dus vandaar.

Guest, een spoiler is als de uitslag al in de topic titel staat zodat er geen verassing meer is als je gaat kijken op stream of DVD of Video.

Maar nu over Erin, ik heb een symphatie voor haar, maar haar trashtalk (ook van Ali) is van een pathetisch gehalte.
Toch wel grappig dat Erin even met de gelijke munt wordt terugbetaald.

Ze kan beter op MMA verdergaan!

Guru
12-06-2005, 23:03
http://sports.excite.com/news/06112005/v1409.html

smike
13-06-2005, 00:54
ik moet zeggen dat ik een hekel heb aan Toughill, de typische american girl.
Ze praat groot en ze denkt dat ze alles is, zeer onsympathiek komt ze op mij over, goed dat Ali gewonnen heeft!
Ik hoop dat ze die Toughhill nog een keer in mma vanaf de mounted positio helemaal verror rammen dat ze nooit meer een partij vecht :twisted:

Justinian
13-06-2005, 02:28
Ben benieuwd naar het filmpje...

Guru
14-06-2005, 07:18
Ze had haar neus gebroken in de eerste ronde al..damn

Anonymous
14-06-2005, 09:30
Ze praat groot en ze denkt dat ze alles is, zeer onsympathiek komt ze op mij over, goed dat Ali gewonnen heeft!
Ik hoop dat ze die Toughhill nog een keer in mma vanaf de mounted positio helemaal verror rammen dat ze nooit meer een partij vecht :twisted:

Hier hou ik van; met respect over vechtsporters praten! Ooit een blauwtje gelopen bij haar of ben je een van de Tokkies?

Aaronk
14-06-2005, 14:38
smike fcuking loserr

Nickuraba
14-06-2005, 18:30
met miss Toughill wil ik best een beschuitje eten!

Anonymous
14-06-2005, 22:43

Hier hou ik van; met respect over vechtsporters praten! Ooit een blauwtje gelopen bij haar of ben je een van de Tokkies?

De eerste optie is zeker niet van toepassing, de 2e zou kunnen .... 8)

smike
15-06-2005, 16:04
Die Toughill heeft overal tatos, ziet er niet uit, zou ik geen beschuitje mee willen eten. Ze is gewoon arrogant en ik mag haar niet, is mijn mening dus mag ik zeggen, dat jullie je nou aftrekken alleen al bij de gedachte aan haar is niet mijn probleem :wink:

Anonymous
15-06-2005, 20:30
Die Toughill heeft overal tatos, ziet er niet uit, zou ik geen beschuitje mee willen eten. Ze is gewoon arrogant en ik mag haar niet, is mijn mening dus mag ik zeggen, dat jullie je nou aftrekken alleen al bij de gedachte aan haar is niet mijn probleem :wink:

Het feit dat het beeld van masturberende mannen het eerste lijkt te zijn dat in je opkomt als je aan deze dame denkt, zegt genoeg over jouw patetische sexleven ... :(

Als je wat ouder wordt en wat ervaring hebt opgedaan, dan weet je dat er ook andere manieren zijn om samen met iemand zoals Erin erg leuke dingen te doen, anders dan masturberen ... 8)

Guru
15-06-2005, 22:56
http://img251.echo.cx/img251/8813/025qn.jpg
http://img251.echo.cx/img251/1791/036du.jpg
http://img251.echo.cx/img251/1276/052gy.jpg
http://img251.echo.cx/img251/2466/070nk.jpg
http://img179.echo.cx/img179/6608/099gz.jpg
http://img253.echo.cx/img253/7616/114hh.jpg
http://img253.echo.cx/img253/46/141qj.jpg
http://img200.echo.cx/img200/5961/184rt.jpg
http://img253.echo.cx/img253/949/155yv.jpg
http://img200.echo.cx/img200/6714/168cy.jpg

Erin heard some sweet chin music!

Aleide
16-06-2005, 07:57
Dat is ziet er niet zo best uit. Toch had ik het haar ook wel gegund. Vind ze allebei erg goed. Laila Ali zou ik alleen heel graag tegen Lucia willen zien. Jammer dat ze niet van het zelfde gewicht zijn.

Anonymous
16-06-2005, 16:10
......eindelijk vocht erin tegen iemand van haar eigen gewicht..........

Anonymous
16-06-2005, 16:13
Dat is ziet er niet zo best uit. Toch had ik het haar ook wel gegund. Vind ze allebei erg goed. Laila Ali zou ik alleen heel graag tegen Lucia willen zien. Jammer dat ze niet van het zelfde gewicht zijn.

scheelt het veel dan?

Guru
17-06-2005, 19:20
Post van Erin..

Hey Guys --

Kinda long....excerpt from my Journal on My site.

My Thoughts
Let me start by saying what an awesome experience this was. You cannot get any "higher" in boxing than this. I learned sooo much from this fight and what lead up to it. The one thing I knew when I left that ring was that I will be back to fight again. I lost the battle but not the war. Hell, no fighter wants to lose on international TV - let alone stopped by TKO. Does it suck? Yeah, it really sucks. But you have to move on. I don't plan to sit here and let this stop me from reaching the top in boxing - It will happen and I will not quit. Setbacks DO happen, but all that matters is how you comeback from them.

A few days after the fight, I have a black eye. And what looked to be a very bad broken nose during the fight turned out to be a small fracture on the side of the bridge. (Sorry Laila LOL) Unfortunately, it just happened to be in a place where it was bleeding...A LOT! In fact, I think my nose is straighter than before LOL There was a lot of swelling for a couple days. But four days after the fight - it is gone. My body feels the same as before. No bumps or bruises. The nose will take a little bit of time to heal and then I will be back ready to fight again.

I believed in myself and so did those who worked with me for this fight. You cannot step back into time and change anything. You just move on. I have always taken on the "challenge". I love to fight and sometimes you fight when you can. In boxing, I have taken on competition that was near or equal to my time in the ring. I knew Ms. Ali had the experience and I did not care. I still do not care and I would fight her again. I could have waited and fought more, but I did not. This was something I really wanted to do and I did it. Unfortunately it did not work out the way I wanted LOL but it is just a minor setback. More ring time - that's all. I will get my chance to fight for a title again.

I do not have some new found respect for Laila. I did not respect her before and I still do not. I did not like her before and I still do not. She debases the sport and that is why so many do not like her. Hearing her speak is like hearing nails scratch a chalkboard. She loves to hear herself cackle - that is very evident. At the press conference, I sat two seats away from Mike Tyson on his right side. When Ali came up to talk and talk and talk about herself, Mike Tyson finally covered his ears with BOTH hands and put his head down. If Mike Tyson is sick of hearing you speak, I think that says something LOL

So, I have gotten hundreds of emails leading up to this fight and after this fight. 99.9% of these emails are extremely positive. The ones that are not are funny if anything. Me and my friends were reading some of them literally laughing our butts off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion - it's just funny the time that some people take outta their lives to actually sit down at a computer and write how much they "hate" you. How much you "suck" at boxing. How "bad" they think you did. How much they "never want to see you fight again". How much they "think you should stick to MMA". Too bad for them things like that only make me stronger. I am hardly concerned what all the backseat drivers have to say. It's always the ones who have never and will never fight that have the most to say. But that is life. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

One of the greatest male fighters of all times, Kosta Tyszu, lost to Ricky Hatton the week before my fight. He was beaten in almost every round and then did not come out for the 11th round. Now he is a "quitter" and a "has been" and he "sucks" and he looked "old". What I do know about sports is that you are only as good as your last outing. People will say what they want. And believe me, they WILL say what they want LOL People will say good things about me and they will say horrible things about me. But I am the one getting in there - not them.

One thing I found extremely funny was how Laila went on and on and ON mostly about herself, but also about how when I lose to her it will "break my heart". The only thing that "breaks my heart" is that I don't have the chance to break both of her arms. It did not "break" anything in me losing to her. I knew going into that fight that everything was stacked against me. A lot of people said I need more fights. But just as many people thought I did not. What matters is what I thought and I was ready and willing to fight. I went to HER venue on a card promoted by HER people. I knew that this would be a real challenge. There were 16,000 people in that arena chanting for Ali and Tyson. They surely could not be chanting for the Irish McBride and Irish Erin Toughill. Those are the chances you choose to take. You get in there and do what most people can only dream of doing. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Hey, and that was me!

I have come into boxing wanting to better myself as a fighter and wanting to fight the best, I can say that. I will continue to fight and fight until I reach my goal. I went into this fight willing to take a shortcut to the top. We wanted to reach it this year - not next year or the year after. Would it have been nice to have that "shortcut" work? Definitely. But now, we will go back to the beginning and take that longer route. We will climb that ladder again and again till we reach the top.

Tyson's camp (along w/ many others) said "it's there". This "goal" is something you can do. His words were, "You are still a baby in the sport. Laila is in her prime. The only thing she has is the ring time". Besides the regular fan emailing me - we have had our fair share of boxers and promoters and managers give their 2 cents as well. The overall consensus is IT IS THE EXPERIENCE. You can sit and spar a million time in your gym - but when you get on that ring that is what counts. There were things I was happy with and of course there were things I was not. Sure, I did not move my head how I knew I could or move my feet like I know I can. If I could not do that stuff in training in the first place, I sure as hell would not get on TV not being able to do it LOL Now I go back and keep doing what I was doing - fighting and training and striving to better myself. I make no excuses. What I do know is I have the potential to move on and become better. That is what matters.

For all those people out there that are really happy I lost and don't want to see me fight again - that's just too bad, Baby. I used to put more stock into what people said. I used to read what all these anonymous people hiding on their computers would write about me. I have not done that for quite some time. In the past 6-8 months, I have gone on a handful of sites a limited amount of times. If I was not doing it then, I sure as hell would not being doing it after this fight!! I know people are saying some cruel things and some are VERY happy that I am "eating crow". Well, that's good for you now, isn't it? I have never had any problems putting myself out there. I am not going to change who or what I am because I lost this fight. I am still gonna have my website, I am still gonna talk trash, and I am still gonna be here for the next fight.

But for as many people who don't like me - there's many, many more who do. Fans are what make it all worthwhile. No one likes negative comments made about them - but that's life. You are in the public eye. People love you or hate you. But it's how you deal with it that can determine certain things.

Laila apparently wanted to make me "tap out" or something to that extent. Riiiiiiight. I know Ali would never fight me in MY sport because she would never be able to fight again and that's a cold hard fact. Only a moron could spout that, so I guess it's no surprise to me coming from her. It would take me about 10 seconds to completely dismantle Ms. Ali in an MMA fight. We ALL know she would never come into my sport. We ALL know she would never be able to fight again. We ALL know it would be embarrassing for her be choked out and thrown on her big ass. Please, I implore you to start training in MMA. Start w/ Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, throw in kickboxing and wrestling. I'll even give you a year to train. Tell me how easy it is and then tell me what it's like to really "tap out".

Yes, you beat me in boxing. But for her to sit there and talk sh*t on my sport; a true warriors sport; a sport that is just as important as boxing and even harder...well, that shows what a truly classless thug you are. I don't care that I lost. I care that she has no respect for another sport. A sport that many of us love and follow. A sport in which every "pure" boxer that I have met thinks that MMA people are "truly insane" and that it's a "really tough sport" LOL (and I have met quite a few boxers) Boxers have an immense amount of respect for this sport. Apparently Ali is the only one who does not.

Well, you will get what's coming to you. The time for honoring yourself will come to an end. It's truly said when someone's arrogance and ignorance completely blinds them. Throughout history all empires have fallen because of emotions like this. And her empire will also crumble. Unlike her, I am truly concerned w/ helping women's boxing and MMA in general evolve. I wanted to bring more recognition to our sport and I think I did. I am truly ecstatic we have such an ambassador in women's boxing. Because of how she speaks and carries herself it's a wonder why we don't see her being endorsed more. *That's a subtle hint for her.*

So, all in all it was a blast. I recuperate a bit and then go back to training. Thanks for all the people who have been supporting me and been on my side. I am not quitting and sure as hell would not be quitting because I lost to such a "class act". I will be back and better than ever!!

Sincerely,
Erin Toughill

And LMFAO with someone posting "Hope she has thick skin" and "if you put pics up there"....I could really care less. This is the only forum I even go on nowadays and that is not so often. I imagine if I let it run my life and I posted all the time - maybe that would matter. But it does not.

I did what NO ONE would ever step up to do. So SpideGirl? "Runnin' my MOUFH LOL" means something to you? I will keep running my mouth and I will keep fighting and I will reach the level I want to, no doubt. And thanks for the pictures, I still look good and I will sign one if you want

Remember guys - I am trying to bring recognition to our sport. I have never, ever said I was the "best boxer". I said I wanted to beat the "best". Hey man, not too bad getting a world title shot w/ a 6-1-1 record and only having a couple years of SERIOUS training under my belt. i am happy!!

Jay Hoov
17-06-2005, 19:27

Lucia maakt haar kapot!

Ronald
17-06-2005, 20:26
Het was te verwachten wat Toughill hier doet: eerst een pak slaag krijgen met boksen en Ali dan vervolgens gaan uitdagen voor een MMA match. IK vind het een beetje een goekope poging om haar gezicht te redden. Nog niet al te lang geleden zei ze namelijk dat ze geen MMA partijen meer zou draaien omdat boksen helemaal haar ding werd. Nu ze verloren heeft gaat ze weer met een MMA partij schermen :? .
Als ze nou ronduit zou zeggen dat ze gewoon verloren had omdat Ali de betere was, en als ze van tevoren wat bescheidener was geweest, dan had ze uberhaupt nou geen poging hoeven ondernemen om haar gezicht te redden.

Justinian
17-06-2005, 20:42
Het was te verwachten wat Toughill hier doet: eerst een pak slaag krijgen met boksen en Ali dan vervolgens gaan uitdagen voor een MMA match. IK vind het een beetje een goekope poging om haar gezicht te redden. Nog niet al te lang geleden zei ze namelijk dat ze geen MMA partijen meer zou draaien omdat boksen helemaal haar ding werd. Nu ze verloren heeft gaat ze weer met een MMA partij schermen :? .
Als ze nou ronduit zou zeggen dat ze gewoon verloren had omdat Ali de betere was, en als ze van tevoren wat bescheidener was geweest, dan had ze uberhaupt nou geen poging hoeven ondernemen om haar gezicht te redden.

Mwoah, het is mijns inziens gewoon een reactie op Laila. Laila gaf in een interview aan dat ze Erin wilde laten tappen (of iets van die strekking). Erin is verder duidelijk: ze geeft aan dat ze heeft verloren en dat Ali de betere is. In reactie op het verhaal van Laila vind ik onderstaande gerechtvaardigd:

Laila apparently wanted to make me "tap out" or something to that extent. Riiiiiiight. I know Ali would never fight me in MY sport because she would never be able to fight again and that's a cold hard fact. Only a moron could spout that, so I guess it's no surprise to me coming from her. It would take me about 10 seconds to completely dismantle Ms. Ali in an MMA fight. We ALL know she would never come into my sport. We ALL know she would never be able to fight again. We ALL know it would be embarrassing for her be choked out and thrown on her big ass. Please, I implore you to start training in MMA. Start w/ Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, throw in kickboxing and wrestling. I'll even give you a year to train. Tell me how easy it is and then tell me what it's like to really "tap out".

Justinian
17-06-2005, 20:59

Het feit dat het beeld van masturberende mannen het eerste lijkt te zijn dat in je opkomt als je aan deze dame denkt, zegt genoeg over jouw patetische sexleven ... :(

Als je wat ouder wordt en wat ervaring hebt opgedaan, dan weet je dat er ook andere manieren zijn om samen met iemand zoals Erin erg leuke dingen te doen, anders dan masturberen ... 8)
Guest = correct, ik zou me er ook wel mee vermaken.... als ik niet getrouwd was uiteraard ;)

Ronald
17-06-2005, 22:02
Mwoah, het is mijns inziens gewoon een reactie op Laila. Laila gaf in een interview aan dat ze Erin wilde laten tappen (of iets van die strekking). Erin is verder duidelijk: ze geeft aan dat ze heeft verloren en dat Ali de betere is. In reactie op het verhaal van Laila vind ik onderstaande gerechtvaardigd:
In eerste instantie lijkt Erin idd aan te geven dat ze gewoon verloren heeft... totdat alle randzaken er weer bij komen, zoals gebruikelijk helaas. Nou ben ik niet zo'n hele grote Badr Hari fan, maar als het gaat om "het nemen van je verlies" kan ze een voorbeeld aan hem nemen.

Wat betreft het tappen: voor zover ik het begrijp heeft Ali haar ook laten "tappen" voor zover dat mogelijk is in boksen :lol: . Ik probeer het filmpje te pakken te krijgen. Als ik 'm heb zal ik 'm in het MMF zetten zodat we ons er een écht oordeel over kunnen vormen.

Justinian
17-06-2005, 22:37
In eerste instantie lijkt Erin idd aan te geven dat ze gewoon verloren heeft... totdat alle randzaken er weer bij komen, zoals gebruikelijk helaas. Nou ben ik niet zo'n hele grote Badr Hari fan, maar als het gaat om "het nemen van je verlies" kan ze een voorbeeld aan hem nemen.
Ze neemt haar verlies ook wel, dat blijkt wel uit het eerste deel van de post, maar ze geeft meteen ook een reactie op het verhaal van Laila. Op zich niks mis mee lijkt mij.

Wat betreft het tappen: voor zover ik het begrijp heeft Ali haar ook laten "tappen" voor zover dat mogelijk is in boksen :lol: . Ik probeer het filmpje te pakken te krijgen. Als ik 'm heb zal ik 'm in het MMF zetten zodat we ons er een écht oordeel over kunnen vormen.
Kan wel zijn, maar daarmee doelt ze natuurlijk wel op de mma-carriere van Erin.

Ronald
18-06-2005, 00:16
Ze neemt haar verlies ook wel, dat blijkt wel uit het eerste deel van de post, maar ze geeft meteen ook een reactie op het verhaal van Laila. Op zich niks mis mee lijkt mij.
Om haar verlies kan ze eenvoudigweg niet heen. Zo te lezen heeft ze een beating gehad. Ze is wel gedwongen om dat te erkennen.
Maar voor mij is het uiterlijke schijn. Voorgaande keren had ze soortgelijke dingen, ook bij tegenstanders van wie ze won. Eerst zeg ze dan dat ze er respect voor heeft enz. enz. maar vervolgens krijgen ze dan nog wel even een veeg uit de pan en moet er nog even wat onvriendelijks gezegd worden. Weinig sympathiek vind ik.

Maar goed, het is haar goed recht natuurlijk om dat zo te doen. Zoals ze zelf zegt: "I'm still gonna talk thrash". Het zorgt er alleen wel voor dat ik hoop dat ze binnenkort weer tegen Ali staat in een rematch. Ik denk dat we dan weer dezelfde foto's krijgen te zien.

smike
18-06-2005, 00:27

Ronald=correct

Precies wat ik bedoel, hoewel ik de mma partij graag zou willen zien!

Justinian
18-06-2005, 09:50
Voorgaande keren had ze soortgelijke dingen, ook bij tegenstanders van wie ze won. Eerst zeg ze dan dat ze er respect voor heeft enz. enz. maar vervolgens krijgen ze dan nog wel even een veeg uit de pan en moet er nog even wat onvriendelijks gezegd worden. Weinig sympathiek vind ik.
:lol: Integendeel, ze geeft i.c. juist aan dat ze vóór de partij helemaal geen respect voor haar had en dat ze ná de partij nog steeds geen respect voor haar heeft. Haar reactie op het 'tap-verhaal' van Laila blijft mijns inziens legitiem. Maar goed, de meningen zijn verdeeld :wink:

Ronald
18-06-2005, 11:20
Maar goed, de meningen zijn verdeeld :wink:
Yep. Ik word door de discussie trouwens wel steeds nieuwsgieriger naar de beelden :) .

Ronald
21-06-2005, 07:44
hèhè... eindelijk de partij gezien. Ik heb de partij (http://www.ma-skills.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207262#207262)in het Multi Media Forum gezet, inclusief het interview achteraf met Laila Ali waar ze het over die tap out heeft.