PDA

View Full Version : Hunt or Kharitonov in Minotauro’s way

maartenjackie
10-07-2005, 17:21
Pride's Heavyweight Grand Prix 2004 runner-up Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira returned to the ring on June 26 with his very first fight of 2005. The Brazilian Top Team black belt returned to Pride's ring defeating the Judo champion Pawel Nastula by KO at 1st round. Back in Brazil, Nogueira talked to ADCC News and confessed despite the fact that he spent almost six months without fighting he would not be back to Pride's ring anytime soon.

'I'll probably fight again in October. It is probably going to be against Mark Hunt or Sergei Kharitonov. I'm not going to fight on the August 26th edition, because I need more time to heal the injuries of my both elbows' says Minotauro.

One of the top heavyweight fighters in the world, Minotauro made a special analysis to ADCC News regarding the upcoming challenge between the current champion Fedor Ememlianenko and the challenger Mirko Cro Cop.

'I find Fedor a more complete fighter. He knows how to kick, how to take the opponents down and knows how to fight on the ground. However, Cro Cop's game may be a little complicated for him to deal with. When Fedor's brother (Aleksander Emelianenko) faced Cro Cop, he wasn't able to take him down. Their games did not fit. Cro Cop's game is difficult for Fedor. It is going to be a complicated fight, with no favorites at all, 50% of chances for each fighter' says Rodrigo, who still dreams of another title shot as soon as possible: 'As soon as possible would be good, but I think after one or two more fights I will ask Pride to give me a title fight'

bron: http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=9501

Jay Hoov
10-07-2005, 19:47
Hij gaat nooit meer de titl krijgen 8)

Ronald
10-07-2005, 19:57
Hij gaat nooit meer de titl krijgen 8)
Dat is denk ik voor een groot deel ook afhankelijk van wie de partij Fedor vs Crocop wint. Als Fedor wint zullen ze Noguiera niet snel in een 4e partij tegen hem zetten. Als Crocop wint wilt ie misschien wel een rematch tegen Noguiera. Persoonlijk hoop ik op het laatste.