PDA

View Full Version : Silva out for Silva vs Sylvia HW matchup

The Maniac
17-07-2005, 14:29
MMAWeekly.com has had it confirmed from Tim Sylvia that Assuerio Silva is out of their proposed fight for UFC 54 and that Sylvia has verbally accepted to fight Tra Telligman.

It's unknown if Telligman has signed to fight. Sylvia told MMAWeekly on Saturday "The UFC called me on Wednesday and I guess Assuerio tore some ligaments in his knee while training."

The Brazilian fighter was looking forward to the fight but it's unknown if the UFC will use him for a future show once the injury has healed properly. As far as Sylvia's new opponent it looks to be Tra Telligman.

"The UFC contacted me to fight Tra and I said absolutely." Sylvia told MMAWeekly. "I would love that fight because Tra loves to stand and bang and so do I." Sylvia said. "The fans would get a stand up war, there would be no takedowns, it would be a classic match up."

Sylvia has been training in Las Vegas and when asked with whom he's been traning with he said "I can't say officially but you can probably figure it out. I head to train Tuesday to Utah with Jeremy Horn and crew