PDA

View Full Version : PRIDE GP Final Four Discuss Their Matches

MB667
21-07-2005, 11:19
Following the official announcement for August’s PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix finale match-ups, each of the four remaining 205-pound fighters — Wanderlei Silva, Ricardo Arona, Mauricio Rua and Alistair Overeem — released statements to the press.

What did they say? In short, Silva wants revenge … Arona predicts he’ll be champion … Rua expects to represent young fighters everywhere by winning the tournament … And Overeem rightfully says that no matter what happens, the fans are the winners here.

WANDERLEI SILVA
After the second-round fight in June I hoped that I would fight Alistair because his striking style and my style will match well in the PRIDE ring. And it will be very thrilling. But after the fan poll it’s decided that I’m fighting Ricardo Arona. I heard that the Japanese fans hope I revenge for Sakuraba against Arona. I always keep this in mind: The most important things for us is to make fans happy, as Sakuraba always says. All the Chute Boxe team members respect Sakuraba a lot, and this time I will teach Arona what the real professional fight is. The result will be pretty much the same as how Quinton ended up. In the final, I’ll probably end up fighting against “Shogun.� I’ll fight him with 100 percent, and I’ll show everybody the Chute Boxe style. Thank you for supporting us.

RICARDO ARONA
Finally I get to fight Silva and I’m very excited. He’s been ducking a fight against me. But there’s no way to escape from me now. In June, Rogerio lost against a Chute Boxe guy, so this time the Brazilian Top Team will become a team again … and beat Silva. It’s time for me (tiger) to eat the champion. I’ll be the champ in August.

MAURICIO RUA
I was already thinking that I’m going to face Arona. But now I heard I’m facing Alistair and I’m happy that he’s my opponent. He’s a striker like I myself, so it’s going to be a very exciting fight. And also we’re both kind of new faces to the world. We’re not only strikers, but also he has some ground skill, too. So I want to prove which fighter deserves to win this whole tournament as a new face of PRIDE. In the final round, I think I’ll face Wanderlei. I respect so much about him, but for the final I don’t hesitate to fight him because that’s our Chute Boxe style. And I hope I win the fight. We’ll put on a great show so please support us.

ALISTAIR OVEREEM
I’m very happy that I’m facing “Shogun� because I was always hoping to fight him. We both have a striking background, but also we’re all-around fighters. So this fight will be awesome fight. Whoever the winner is, the audience is the winner of this Grand Prix. Thank you.

Tsuki
21-07-2005, 11:24
DAMN kan niet wachten tot het zover is ..................

Marco (scheids)
21-07-2005, 12:26
Hoop dat Rua blijft denken dat Allistair een striker is als ie in Allistair zn guillotine vast zit.

CANT WAIT !!!!!

21-07-2005, 12:30
Hoop dat Rua blijft denken dat Allistair een striker is als ie in Allistair zn guillotine vast zit.

he he he! :lol:
CANT WAIT !!!!!x2 8)

maartenjackie
21-07-2005, 16:30
Shogun en Silva denken al dat ze in de finale staan , well think again want Arona en Overeem gaan winnen,

Ossie
21-07-2005, 16:56
Silva gaat winnen van Arona d.m.v. een keiharde K.O.
Alistair gaat winnen van Shogun. Ik zou niet durven te zeggen hoe......

In de finale krijgen we een keiharde slagenwisseling tussen Overeem en Silva, waar Overeem als de betere uitkomt.

Johan H
21-07-2005, 17:01
en maar blijven hopen en geloven,ik bid met jullie mee jongens :thumbs:

Anonymous
21-07-2005, 21:01
ligt er gewoon aan wie het friste uit de halve finale komt. Ik hoop dat alistair direct een choke er uit kan trekken, zodat hij snel klaar is met shogun. Hopen dat silva een zware dobber krijgt aan arona en dus een stuk minder fit is, dat zou voordelig zijn voor Alistair.

Fridjof
21-07-2005, 21:42
Ik hoop natuurlijk dat Alistair gaat winnen, maar ik denk toch dat het Silva weer wordt.

Jochem
22-07-2005, 00:11
tja dis dus echt gokwerk. ze kunnen het alle 4, maarre ik ga gewoon voor alistair. ze swingen nogalwild die luitjes, dus win bij Knee Out

qball
22-07-2005, 13:34
silva wint ook deze editie , ik gun het allistair van harte maar ik denk dat shogun (momenteel) net iets te hoog gegrepen is , arona is wel verbeterd maar ik zie hem écht silva niet submitten en rechtstaand komt hij zwaar te kort tegen silva .... finale silva /shogun .... silva puur op ervaring...
just my two cents...

Ronny
22-07-2005, 13:42
shogun vs ali o ali o op beslissing

wanderlei vs ali o ali o op K O

ja sorry...ik kan er niets anders van maken.