PDA

View Full Version : K-1 Vegas *spoiler*

Justinian
14-08-2005, 11:41
Just got back from the Mirage. Here are the fights as I saw them.

Michael McDonald never really got going. He ate a kick in the face and was actually out on his feet in the first. He turned his back on Azem and ran to fall on the ropes. Somehow he did not get a standing count and was allowed to continue. He couldn't do much the rest of the fight and lost the decision.

Freddy Kemayo and Ruslan Karaev. Ruslan is a friggin animal! He came out blasting Freddy like a madman. He ended the fight with a spinning kick to Freddy's liver. Freddy dropped hard and could not continue.

Tomihara and Lighty. Lighty ends this one quick with a head kick that landed flush on Tomihara's jaw. He could not get up for several minutes and had to be helped out even after he was revived.

Azem and Ruslan put on a war to end all wars. I mean you guys are not going to believe this when you see it. Indescribable. Easily the best fight I have ever seen. Knees, punches, kicks, everything you could ask for. Azem took an assload of punishment and kept throwing. Amazing, just fucking amazing. The entire crowd was on its feet and gave a standing ovation at the conclusion where Ruslan was named the winner.

Ruslan and Lighty, another war. With everything Ruslan had given already it was astounding that he had anything left. He rocked Lighty several times and earned the decision. Ruslan Karaev gained a lot of fans at the Mirage tonight. Mark my words, after tonight this 22 yr old will be widely talked about.

Bang Ludwig and Remy Bonnel. Boring. Decision Bonnel

I didn't mention Chalid Arrab because none of his fights were that great, although I think, as did many in attendance, that he definitely won the fight against Lighty.

Mighty Moe threw nothing but overhand rights and landed three of them for three knockdowns and the win.

Highline
14-08-2005, 13:22
chalid arrab is dus tot de halve finale gekomen? best netjes

Highline
14-08-2005, 13:27
Challid has just taken a decision from Hori. He scored two knockdowns but how didn't see this coming.

SO THERE!

dit heb ik gevonden op het forum van k-1 usa

Highline
14-08-2005, 14:00
August 13th. 2005
MIRAGE hotel - Las Vegas - USA

Reserve Fight
Imani Lee defeated Jan "The Giant" Nortje by unanimous decision

Tournament
Azem Maksutaj (Switzerland) defeated Michael McDonald by unanimous decision
Ruslan Karaev defeated Freddy Kemayo in 1R in 1'39 by KO
Chalid "Die Faust" Arrab defeated Hiraku Hori by unanimous decision
Scott Lighty defeated Tatsufumi Tomihira in 1R in 1'23 by KO

Semi finals
Ruslan Karaev defeated Azem Maksutaj after 3R by unanimous decision
Scott Lighty defeated Chalid "Die Faust" Arrab after 3R by unanimous decision

Superfight
Remy Bonnel defeated Duane "Bang" Ludwig by decision
Mighty Mo defeated Frans Botha in the 1R in 1'20 by KO

Final
Ruslan Karaev defeated Scott Lighty by decision
(Karaev has a spot at he OSAKA doma event September 23rd.2005)

Biiyen
14-08-2005, 16:06
Is dat die Ruslan die ze van Ray sefo getrokken kreeg nadat hij zo fanatiek begon?

Octavius
14-08-2005, 16:20
Mighty Mo defeated Frans Botha in the 1R in 1'20 by KO

O_o

Jeru
14-08-2005, 16:52
Vette foto!!

http://www.sherdog.com/images/pictures/16099.jpg

Highline
14-08-2005, 17:07
Is dat die Ruslan die ze van Ray sefo getrokken kreeg nadat hij zo fanatiek begon?

jep in hoogst eigen persoon

The Maniac
14-08-2005, 17:40
Ja hoor die Ruslan had moeite met scott lighty. Die Scott Lighty brengt schande aan de Meijiro Gym met een broekje ervan te dragen die gozer gaat tegen een middenmoot vechter altijd knockie(Gary Goodridge, MO is een topper.)

Highline
15-08-2005, 13:17
foto links komen eraan ;)

Highline
15-08-2005, 13:18
http://kakutougi.info/content/view/200/2/

RedDawn
15-08-2005, 13:26
Ja hoor die Ruslan had moeite met scott lighty. Die Scott Lighty brengt schande aan de Meijiro Gym met een broekje ervan te dragen die gozer gaat tegen een middenmoot vechter altijd knockie(Gary Goodridge, MO is een topper.)

Je verliest van Goodridge en dan be je dus slecht in jouw ogen?

:(

MMA Davy
15-08-2005, 17:37
inderdaad Goodridge hoort niet thuis in de K1 ring....misschien bij UFC is hij goed maar in de K1 sucked hij.