PDA

View Full Version : Rogerio Nogueira over de Pride finals

Jeru
20-08-2005, 11:42
With Pablo Lima and Rafael Werneck (adcombat.com)

One of the best middleweight fighters in the world, Rogerio Minotouro Nogueira was defeated (via judge’s unanimous decision) by Mauricio Shogun Rua at Pride Critical Countdown, held on June 26th. He lost the opportunity to fight on August 28th, when Pride’s Middleweight Grand Prix final round picks up. However, the Brazilian Top Team black belt has his eyes focused on everything that is going on with the four finalists, especially his BTT partner Ricardo Arona, who will face Wanderlei Silva in one of the semifinals.

Asked by ADCC News about who he thinks will win the upcoming challenge, Rogerio Minotouro bets on his teammate. 'This is going to be a very tough fight. It seems to me that Arona is a more complete fighter, but we all know that Wanderlei is very dangerous. I think they will both be very careful at the beginning of the fight but when they start to exchange punches it will be very crazy and intense' says Minotouro.

Away from the rings, Rogerio Minotouro helped his twin brother, Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira, to organize and promote Minotauro Fights second edition, held on August 6th, in Salvador. Back in Rio de Janeiro, he also commented on the second semifinal, between Alistair Overeem, from Holland, and Mauricio Shogun. 'I think that bout may be decided on the ground, and because of that I think Shogun has a little advantage. I don't think Overeem will be able to submit Shogun with his famous guillotine since Shogun never goes for the legs, he prefers to clinch for the waist' analyzes Nogueira.

Wanting to get back to the Japanese rings as soon as possible, Rogerio Minotouro Nogueira assures us that he is training hard, waiting for another opportunity to fight again. 'Pride's President Nobuyuki Sakakibara liked my fight against Mauricio Shogun a lot and told me to keep working hard that I would be back soon. A rematch against Shogun would be awesome' ends Minotouro.

Jeru
20-08-2005, 11:42
Toch maar weer een guillotine pakken bij Shogun? :wink:

Ronald
20-08-2005, 12:06
Toch maar weer een guillotine pakken bij Shogun? :wink:
Oh man, dat zou mooi zijn :mrgreen: .