PDA

View Full Version : Silva & Overeem over Pride

Illuminati
20-08-2005, 13:33
Silva & Overeem talk about Pride
Weet niet of deze al gepost is, maar wilde hem toch ff delen!

Right after the 2nd round of the Pride GP, the four semi-finalists started to talk about their possible opponents as the tournament continues. During the press conference right after the event, the current champion, Wanderlei Silva stated that he would like to face Overeem. 'Mr. Sakakibara will decide, but my main goal is always to give a good show to the fans. Being a striker, Alistair is the one I think can make a great fight with me. He is excellent with the knees, but I think I can knock him out with my knees' guaranteed Silva.

The Dutch fighter told the Japanese press that he wants to face Ricardo Arona. 'We were going to face each other last year, but he got hurt, so I would like to face him now' explained the new 'king of the guillotine'. When informed about Wanderlei's statement Alistair, said. 'Maybe Wanderlei can knock me out with his knees in his dreams. For the first time, Chute Boxe will face the real Muay Thai' answered Overeem, promising the following: 'You will see a Dutchman rule this Brazilian party'.

When Wanderlei Silva was informed of Overeem's statement, The No1 fighter in the Chute Boxe stable replied: 'Dutch Muay Thai is pretty efficient, but what counts in Pride is Vale-Tudo. I'll deform his face' promised the Axe Murder.

Source: Tatame

mossad
20-08-2005, 13:42
Alistair heeft volgens mij een goede kans om Wand KO te slaan, schoppen of knieën. Voor mij zou Alistair zelfs de favoriet zijn. Deze Dutchman gaat hoe dan ook dat Braziliaanse feestje verknallen daar in Japan.

Chico
20-08-2005, 14:18
Wanneer gaat die finale daar plaats vinden eigenlijk??

Jeru
20-08-2005, 14:22
Zondag 28 augustus

Hollandpride
20-08-2005, 14:51
Alistair heeft volgens mij een goede kans om Wand KO te slaan, schoppen of knieën. Voor mij zou Alistair zelfs de favoriet zijn. Deze Dutchman gaat hoe dan ook dat Braziliaanse feestje verknallen daar in Japan.

Dat is wel heel erg positief bekeken. We moeten de feiten wel in ogenschouw blijven houden en die zijn gewoon dat Wandy in zijn gewichtsklasse bijna onverslaanbaar is. Allistair maakt een kans, maar deze is niet supergroot. Natuurlijk hoop ik ook dat Allistair deze kans met beide vuisten, knieen en voeten aangrijpt.

Chico
20-08-2005, 15:49
Zondag 28 augustus
dope... en dat is zeker ook niet live ergens te volgen ofzo??